PDA

View Full Version : Rate of Fire, What do you think the rate of fire for a newb should be?

MarkedClown
08-24-2001, 08:54 AM
Well i have a spyder shutter and I've played about Six times only 3-4 times with my shutter. What do you think my rate of fire should be? I know I'm not supposed to worry about rate of fire but i just want to here your opinions. I only use about a bag or two each time i play. (I dont really waste to much paint do to slow rate of fire!

MarkedClown
08-24-2001, 10:59 AM
up

slayer
08-24-2001, 12:14 PM
whatever you need to hit your target is the simple answer. but don't sacrifice paint flinging speed for accuracy. I mean don't shoot with a motion that makes your accuracy go to poo just to get an extra 2bps in the air. The simple answer is shoot fast enough so that you can eliminate the player in the shortest amount of time, whether that be 1 or 10 bps.

jas142
08-24-2001, 02:36 PM
ROF isn't too important, unless your a back-man(cover fire)... Learn to shoot accuratley while running instead, or shooting lefty, etc.

Hasty8
08-24-2001, 02:51 PM
Another thought. If you start imposing limits on what markers people can use, depending on how experience or old they are you wil lose a lot of new comers.

PsychoMag
08-24-2001, 11:03 PM
dude, how fast can u pull the trigger?? u should practice with it, I did for a week or so, just shooting air to get used to my RT trigger, but u should just add some air , and fire away, see what finger is faster, and all, since when I shoot, I use my middle finger, instead of the traditional index finger. Try different combos and all...

practice makes perfect....

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

krafty
08-24-2001, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't really worry about your ROF right now... since the 'gun is still fairly new to you, learn how to aim with it first. Practice sighting, trying to hit a target with your first shot. Practice off-hand shooting. Practice shooting targets at different distances. I'd rather have 1 shot hit my target than miss with 10 or 15.

The first time I ever played paintball I didn't hit a thing, because I was spraying in hopes of hitting something. I must've gone through 600 rounds that game. Then I spent a looooooong time sitting out of games practicing on the target range. The last time I played paintball I played for 4 hours and used a maybe 300 rounds. I won't say how many people I hit, but rest assured, it was far more than I got the first time.

shartley
08-24-2001, 11:36 PM
I agree with krafty.

It is more important to first learn your marker and be able to hit a designated area. Then when you get used to your marker, the speeds will automatically increase anyway. And once that happens, you can focus on sending more paint at the same target.

Worrying about shooting fast before you know your marker is like putting the cart in front of the horse. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

After all, it only takes one paintball to mark an opponent out.... sending 500 down range and missing with every one does not do you any good. But you sure can spray! http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Hasty8
08-24-2001, 11:51 PM
I think this whole ROF thing is going to far. The only time I really worry about shooting fast, not to mean shooting alot, is when I am snap shooting. I try to never shoot more then five balls at a time. I mean, if the first one is off then the next 20 are off.

The only time I ever truly go heavy on the paint is when I am supplying covering fire in order to allow a teammate to move forward on the field.

I get better scores using the three by three by three method. Three three round bursts each fired three seconds after the other.

As for deciding a newbie. How do you decide? Is it a time thing? How long they have been playing or is it a skill thing? What if the people that they are playing against are really bad?

I think we all need to realize that most of the paint manufacturers want us to shoot faster and faster. That way we buy more paint.

I'm not calling it a conspiracy but I think ROF should be kept low.