PDA

View Full Version : College Fall MICT Results

demonguy8
11-21-2002, 02:12 AM
Figured Id post the MICT Results and get some free college publicity :D
The only two complaints I can think of would be: spending 14 hours outside with a high of 38 (Sunlight doesnt exist by purdue methinks) and the fact it was like 60 the week before :rolleyes: (stupid mother nature)

That being said I would like to thank purdue for hosting and all the people who went thru alot of trouble to set it all up and keep it running smoothly thanks guys and see you all in the spring..

1.Purdue Gold
2. IPW Black
3. Il. State Black
4. Iowa State Red
5. Cincinatti
6. UWW White
7. MTU Silver
8. MTU Gold
9. Iowa State Gold
10. Ohio State Scarlet
11. Iowa State Black
12. Marquette
13. Purdue Black
14. Purdue White
15. Michigan State
16. IPW Chief
17. Central Michigan
18. Purdue Grey
19. Ohio State Black
20. Illinois State White
21. IPW Orange
22. IPW Blue
23. Purdue Silver
24. Ohio State Grey
25. UWW Purple

alkafluence
11-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Hey demonguy,

I was there playing with Marquette, shooting a mag of course!

By far the most interesting... a hopper beer bong
http://www.sigphieta.org/~jeremy/paintball/hopper_bong.jpg

Links to some of our pics:
http://www.sigphieta.org/~jeremy/paintball/Finished_MICT/index.htm

And some of the players party:
http://www.sigphieta.org/~jeremy/paintball/Finished_Party/index.htm

Rooster
11-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Being an OSU alum, its sad to see the way the OSU program has fallen from its possition as one of the top teams in the nation. Its good to see Purdue and Ill. still in the mix though.

Automaggin2
11-23-2002, 10:26 PM
With OSU running in my blood also (whole family went there, soon i will be), im not happy seeing them in 10th. Hey, atleast Michigan doesnt have a team!

anyone know why drexel didnt go?

demonguy8
11-23-2002, 10:56 PM
it was the MICT tourney (Midwest Intercollegiate Tournament).. We're technically not in Drexels conference so they didnt come (although im pretty sure they can attend out of conference if they want, Raehl would have to answer that for a definate answer)Anywho, Im sure theyll turn up at Nationals in the spring though ;)

As for the players party, the hopper bong was a very cool (id like to make my own actually), but im a little dissapointed that the talk for X-ball never actually took place (not that theres really anything to talk about until somone can figure out how we could afford paint for it)

*Edit GREAT PICS BTW

alkafluence
11-24-2002, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the pics.

The one disturbing thing was all the talk about XBall as a format and then there was nothing at the Players Party. Although you are right. As cool as XBall is, it would be very difficult to form clubs/teams at colleges that do not already have them, etc. Without huge sponsorships for paint, moving to that format would be very cost prohibitive.

Which is not what the NCPA needs right now. The NCPA is still in a growth stage overall.

Just my $.02

XR4
11-24-2002, 04:39 PM
Just wanted to add i took a hit from the hopper bong. I'd like to thank the MTU alumni for donating it. Oh, and we finished a respectable 8th and 7th (my team finished 8th.)

lates,
XR

ah137
12-03-2002, 02:49 PM
That hopper bong got me drunk! Again!

yeah the weather sucked, and I broke paint.

Geee I wonder why it was cold...... Nov 16th maybe, who idea was that. When we left MTU whe had a few inches of snow on the ground.

Hills