PDA

View Full Version : Official Release: Cali AO Meet + 24hr Scenario (with Tom Kaye and Bud Orr)

Riotz
11-21-2002, 02:14 AM
http://teamblackcell.com/buttons/smallWarLords-color.jpg

*** OFFICIAL RELEASE ***

Event: AO Meet
Where: Ditto's Police Supply & Paintball
When: December 13, 2002
Time: Noon till evening

Store address is: 721 Nevada St. Redlands, CA 92373
Phone: 909-793-4474

Event: 24 Hour Scenario Game "Last Blast West"
Field: Jungle Island (http://www.jungle-island.com/index2.asp)
When: December 14-15, 2002
Time: 12 NOON Saturday to 12 NOON Sunday

Game will appear on TV's "Splatter Factor" on TNN - billed as "Paintball Scenario's Superball"!

Details are as follows:

Paint Prices :
Field paint only. $75.00 for a case of 2000 balls.

Pre-Registration:
PRE-REGISTERED players cost to play will be only $40. If you do not pre-register before December 7th, the cost will be $50 per player. To Pre-register click here (http://www.mppgames.com/warlords_form.pdf) for registration form. You must mail your payment and forms before December 7th to receive the discount.

Wavier:
Jungle-Island waiver - http://www.jungle-island.com/ewaiver.html
MPP Waiver - http://www.mppgames.com/waiver.pdf

Confirmation:
Once you have pre-registered for the event. Please send Riotz a Private Message (http://www.automags.org/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=1093) stating that you have pre-registered, I will then add you to the "Confirmed Attendees" list below. Please PM me if you are planning on going to the AO meet or the 24hr game or both.

Field Location:
Jungle Island is conveniently located right off the 15 freeway and the Lake street exit in Lake Elsinore at 14881 Temescal Canyon Road. Click here (http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/mqtrip?link=btwn/twn-ddir_na_basic_main&dir=New+Directions&DLL=337270,-1173943&ADDR_1=14881+Temescal+Canyon+Road&CITY_1=Lake+Elsinore&STATE_1=CA&ZIP_1=&uid=u9mc3asd.9w1liia:2xdza0u6ya&CC_1=US) for driving directions from map quest.

Special Guests:
Everyone's favorite paintball gun manufactory and the most innovative mind in the industry, Tom Kaye, will be there to command his troops against Bud Orr.

Food and Drink:
AGD will be holding a AO Meet at Dittos store on Friday December 13. They will be buying pizza for everyone starting in the afternoon and leading into the evening.

Prizes / Giveaways:
Currently AGD will be giving away 6 warp feeds and 3 Intelliframes at the AO Meet at Dittos Store. You must attend to win prizes.

Game Info:
In the passing of the first quarter of the new millennium, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (thermonuclear, chemical and biological devices) and the concept of mutual destruction rendered war obsolete. At the same time corporations, unfettered by government restrictions and anti-trust laws, began to grow and become powers unto themselves. Looking for a way to resolve conflicts and also gain popular support incorporating the thrill of controlled aggression without bloodshed, these corporations began looking for a sport which would satisfy all their criteria. Paintball, with all its adrenaline-pounding rush, feats of skill and popular appeal, became the perfect venue the corporations needed to resolve conflicts and solidify power.

The two great corporations which expanded most within the new venue were Worrmen Unlimited and MagMasters International. Their corporate control was dived by the Mississippi and each was hungry for the other's territory. Ever increasing in power and scope, these two mega-corporations were destined to collide for domination of the northern hemisphere.

The terms were accepted by the Lord of Worr and the Master of the Mag, and the final challenge was set to take place in the southern hills of California. It was to be a spectacle which would rival the revelry of the Roman Coliseum. Both sides surrounded themselves with elite mercenary forces, the best scenario paintball had to offer. Knowing no quarter would be asked or given.

All eyes will be on southern California to see the resolution of this cataclysmic conflict. Don't be satisfied to be only a spectator, content merely to sit on the sidelines and watch; this is the call to arms for the real gladiators of the new millennium, those who fearlessly will enter the arena as in the days of old. Join forces and be part of the final battle: the "Last Blast West." You may be the deciding factor!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Remember to confirm after you pre-register. Please PM me if you are planning on going to the AO meet or the 24hr game or both.

List of Confirmed Attendees:

AGD (Tom Kaye) ( AO Meet / 24hr)
mxracer33x ( AO Meet / 24hr)
Smoken ( AO Meet / 24hr maybe)
CMDane ( AO Meet ) +1
Bonx0007 ( 24hr )
pbzmag ( AO Meet )
Nobody077 ( AO Meet / 24hr )
TooDamnSweet ( AO Meet ) +1

digitard
11-21-2002, 02:26 AM
I'm in Arizona. ... but I'm gonna try hella hard to drive out for this .... anyone got a place for a stupid 22yr old to stay if I can make it?

Sincerely,
Dave K

digitard
11-21-2002, 02:38 AM
<b>QUESTION</B> I did an airfare check and its dirt cheap to buy tickets to cali from AZ (under 100 bucks round trip) ....... whats the closest airport (major serviced) to the area? ... LAX?

Sincerely,
Dave

paint magnet
11-21-2002, 11:20 AM
And can you only shoot a mag/cocker? If I shoot a cocker can I still be on the AGD side?:D

mxracer33x
11-21-2002, 12:14 PM
I think ill make it down for this. Im gathering up troops now. When I know how many will be going Ill give more info. Do we have an official AO Hotel for this event yet?

The Frymarker
11-21-2002, 12:18 PM
That poster is great lol

Go get'em Tom! Show them what mag owners are made of!

digitard
11-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Okay,
I checked on airfare and stuff, and its feasable .... so I'm gonna try to make it .... just gotta figure out a ride from the airport n' stuff

Sincerely,
Dave K

Fanatic
11-21-2002, 02:44 PM
SHHHHEEEEEZH!!!

i move from california to be closer to the action

now i gotta move back for this!!

hey can someone email me the dates AGD is doin stuff so i can arrange my schedule here!!

Riotz
11-21-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by EMAGfanatic
hey can someone email me the dates AGD is doin stuff so i can arrange my schedule here!!
uhh, here you go :D http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43572

Tankdriver
11-21-2002, 02:49 PM
That's 70 field paint + the $40 registration fee is pretty steep, but I am coming to Ditto's so I get to see THE MAN in person :D

davidb
11-21-2002, 06:05 PM
Aaargh... I'm acting in a play both of those days. Finally an AO meet in CA and I have to have a prior engagement. :(

leopardhead
11-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Dave k,
I can offer a couch to sleep on in Hollywood. As long as you're not covered in paint.
Ontario is prob. the best airport but not if you're coming to my place in that case look at BUR Burbank.

I'm not sure but I may attend the War Lords event too.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-21-2002, 06:59 PM
I may be up there for the Ao related festivities but I don't know if I can afford to actually be part of the event...

Nobody077
11-21-2002, 08:12 PM
I will be there for the days events, but not shure about playing, $75 a case is realy expencive for ZAP paint. But if I have the cash I will play. Iny one want to buy a Yasue 101e ham radio for $250 to fund my day?:D

WicKeD_WaYz
11-22-2002, 01:40 AM
ive played at jungle a couple times and they never made me buy field paint...is this a new rule or has it always been one. If its always beena ruel they sure dont do a good job of enforcing it. But ya ive never played a scenario before. Coupld someone tell me about how many caes of paint i would need. On an average day i shoot about 1 case.

thx

DiRTyBuNNy
11-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Well W_W considering you've never done a scenario...usually they're field paint only...because your 40 or 50 bucks doesn't pay for all the junk that goes on at the event so they have to make a little money somehow..

Mav D MagMan
11-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Hmm that's just down the road from me, if the funds are available I'm gonna try and be there.

Mav

CMDane
11-23-2002, 03:26 PM
I just had bi-lateral hernia surgery on Monday just passed and while I should be recovered sufficiently by then to play, I don't want to run the risk of re-injury. Also, my girlfriend and I go through 2+ cases of paint in an 8 hour day. Figure 7 cases of paint at $75 each, plus entry, plus food and drink, that's just too expensive to justify 10 days before Christmas.

So, I'll see you all on the 13th, but not on the field. :(

Charles

Miscue
11-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Agreed. Those paint prices are nuts. I'd like to go, but can't afford that.

Riotz
11-25-2002, 01:58 PM
If you are planning on attending the AO meet at the store: please send me a PM stating so.

Please PM me if you are planning on going to the AO meet or the 24hr game or both.

Thanks

Smoken
11-25-2002, 02:03 PM
It is unfortunate that the paint prices are so high. I would really love to go, but am not sure I can afford it. If only there was some way to get them to lower the price of paint.....
Well, there is a way. Unfortunately that way is having very few people show up to the event do to the high cost. Now if only there were some way to make them see how many people will not come due to the high prices, but would come if the prices came down. Hmmm....
I know, if only we could get a big group of people, an online forum perhaps;), to e-mail them (MPPgames, I believe) telling them how we feel. Maybe it wouldn't help, but I don't see what harm it would cause. And if it allows more people to come, that would be very cool.

mxracer33x
11-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Any locals care to point me to a good hotel near the field, It would be greatly appreciated. I think a hotel near the AO meet store would be a bit to far away. I got 40 miles on mapquest. Let me know if im am mis-informed. Thanks

DiRTyBuNNy
11-26-2002, 11:35 AM
i just think it's weird that someone who lives on the other side of the country is trying to set this up when the SoCal AOers have been trying to get the rest of you people interested in this game since about August..oh well...(no disrespect of course)..

Riotz
11-26-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
i just think it's weird that someone who lives on the other side of the country is trying to set this up when the SoCal AOers have been trying to get the rest of you people interested in this game since about August..oh well...(no disrespect of course).. hehe sorry. I'm just trying to help out.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-26-2002, 04:07 PM
like i said up in the post..no disrespect..it just shows how fickle the board is at times....

roczilla
11-27-2002, 06:36 AM
so is tom kaye going to be at the 24 hr game or just the meet on friday dec 13th?

Riotz
11-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Tom is going to be at both. Sorry, I will correct it. I just thought it was implied. :)

Bonx0007
11-29-2002, 12:03 PM
i plan on going. those prices are steep though.

RoadDawg
12-02-2002, 05:48 PM
I can't make it. I'm flying to Utah for my mom's 50th bday. Oh and the closest airport to the field would be Ontario (off of the I10 & I15). Not a busy airport either. Anyways. Hope ya guys kick some major booty.

Nick

Blev
12-03-2002, 08:14 AM
the prices are not bad i run a park
and its not cheep to keep it going
also i live in GA. and im fling out
for it

Riotz
12-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Is this all the AGD / AO support on the West Coast? :confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
12-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Well..considering the fact that the west coast has alwasy been the *female dog* of Ao, yeah...i guess so...I just can't afford $75 a case for junk paint that's been sitting around..i've been to enough scenarios to know how it works..yeah..I want to meet Tom..yeah..i actually have a few things I want to talk to him about personally...but no...I'm not going to pay outrageous prices just to see Tom...it's just that...when the average price of a home in California is creeping close to $500k, some of us just don't have that kind of money laying around...

Riotz
12-07-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Well..considering the fact that the west coast has alwasy been the *female dog* of Ao, yeah...i guess so...I just can't afford $75 a case for junk paint that's been sitting around..i've been to enough scenarios to know how it works..yeah..I want to meet Tom..yeah..i actually have a few things I want to talk to him about personally...but no...I'm not going to pay outrageous prices just to see Tom...it's just that...when the average price of a home in California is creeping close to $500k, some of us just don't have that kind of money laying around...
But the AO Meet at the store the day before is free... der! :D

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
12-08-2002, 05:01 AM
I can't make the scenario game next week, but is there a chance that this could turn into an annual event? I'd like a chance to meet Tom and actually meet some others in So Cal with a mag :D

Nobody077
12-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Hay Flyboy take a look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalMagPB/ its a small forum setup by some of us around SoCal. As for the game I am still trying to make it but not shure about the money yet, If I go looks like I will be limited to 1 case for the whole game. If iny one would like to buy a Ham/CB radio check http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59437 then I can buy 2 cases of paint and eat too:D

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
12-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Nobody077,
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!

Nobody077
12-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Your very welcome, and let me be the first to say Welcome to this forum:D

Tom Sparkman
12-09-2002, 01:52 PM
I'd like to, but I can't blow a whole weekend 10 days before Christmas.

Why are all the Scenarios in SoCal in the middle of winter? April - June or Sept/Oct would be much better...

Ah well, have great time!
Tom

gibby
12-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, the whole 10 days before Christmas thing kinda bites. Otherwise, I'd be in for sure! If I didn't have anyone to buy presents for, entry fee and buying the few cases of paint wouldn't be such a big deal. But I'll probably show up just for kicks to see the AO bunch. :)

If only Santa will come sooner and give me enough so I can play...that would be awesome! Hehe ;)

MagDog68
12-11-2002, 08:01 PM
I was just going over the Flight Details and if I take Jet Blue I may actually be able to do this. The flight to Long Beach is only $280. Anyone have a hotel room they might be able to share? Yes Tom - I'll even stay with you :).

Now I just have to convince the Ball and Chain ;)

~Fred

Nobody077
12-11-2002, 09:50 PM
WOW only $280 from NY with Jetblue, not bad(they got direct TV on all there planes now:) ) I would offer a place to stay but I'm setting up a tent in the parking lot:( I think Jetblue flys into Ontario(ONT on airline charts) if they do and price is still good its a lot closer,25-30 min drive insted of 1 1/2hrs to get to jungle on saterday and 3-4 to go back on Sunday(the 91fry is a 5mph B@*^H on Sunday's)

tat2dhillbilly
12-12-2002, 01:26 PM
I and some of my team members from Team StealthPossum will be there. Just look for the idiots playing in kilts(with classic rt's, palmer typhoon's and timmy's)

We will be barbque'n carne asada in the parking lot in the evening meal break. stop by and say hi.

gibby
12-12-2002, 07:06 PM
Although TooDamnSweet and I will not be playing, we'll be there to hang around and meet up with people. If you see us, say hello. We'll be totting some free give aways...courtesy of Lepoardhead and Creative Light...so if you're lucky, maybe you'll get something from us! :D

TDS should be wearing her Blue Dye Jersey.

TooDamnSweet
12-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Although TooDamnSweet and I will not be playing, we'll be there to hang around and meet up with people. If you see us, say hello. We'll be totting some free give aways...courtesy of Lepoardhead and Creative Light...so if you're lucky, maybe you'll get something from us! :D

TDS should be wearing her Blue Dye Jersey.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'll be the one hanging all over gibby.....:D

mxracer33x
12-12-2002, 08:04 PM
Im off for home and will be heading down south early tomarrow. See you all there @ dittos

Oregon_pb_
12-13-2002, 08:26 AM
Guess some fields are out only to make money, not support paintball. Price gouging if you ask me.

(BTW: didn't read the posts after, at work.)

Nobody077
12-13-2002, 10:20 AM
These prices are mppgames price's, Jungle-island is one of the best priced fields in our area, $20 for all day play(Most are $25) free al day air(most charge $10)and ok prices on field paint. But inyhow off to work. bye

Bad_Knees
12-13-2002, 12:11 PM
As much as I would love to attend the AO meet and play in the scenario game the timing is really bad. I would have to agree with some that if this event was scheduled after the holidays there would be a better SoCal turn out. I hope to be at the scenario to checkout the vendors and meet up with some of you on the board....Laters! Off to work I go!

RoadDawg
12-13-2002, 12:53 PM
I'd like to be there but I couldn't miss my Mom's bday. That and I'm having fun showing Utahn's what a LX Retro Minimag can do. Hope you all have fun.

Nick

Nobody077
12-15-2002, 09:30 PM
Well it's over and it was great to play in the first Scenario game in So.Cal. We had a great time at Ditto's hangin out with Tom and all the Ao'ers that had a chance to make it, allso watching Tom work the phones and counter of the shop when Jeff stepped out for a min. The game was a lot of fun, and the Magmaster's got the victory. Hopefully this is a start of more good things to come to So.Cal paintball

tat2dhillbilly
12-16-2002, 09:28 AM
It was a great game. Speaking as a first time scenario player it was a lot of fun. It was a blast meeting some of the people from AO and Mr. Kaye. I look forward to the next time.

Remember....Kilts Rule!!!

cabldawg
12-16-2002, 08:40 PM
hey folks,
Just wanted to let ya'll know that ya missed a great time. From I saw Tom had a great time. He learned a few tricks about playing in scenario's, compliments of Evil Inc. stealthpossums, you guys rocked, kilts and all.
Here's my story from the game. I had noticed that when I was walking out to the camp area (through the oppasing side) I was not challenged as to wether or not I was a live player. so dureing final battle I decided to try a deadman's walk. I got to battle line, found a ref and told him I was a live player. I stared my walk. I was at the last building of the city when a yellow player asked if I was dead. I ignored him. He asked again (with gun pointed at me) I said my gun was jammed. He let me go. I walked past the last player and turned put my barrel to his back and told him "barrel tag your dead" and moved on to the next one. At one point a player called for a yellow player called for a medic, as I reached him so did the medic. "Barrel tag" "barrel tag" I then set my sites on the next one. He was next to a building as I walked up to him he turned and looked at me. I thought for sure I was going to have to go to trigger and get myself LIGHT UP. I was able to get to him and barrel tag him all the while there was a yellow player 20 ft to the right. he was the last one for me to get. He started to walk away from me. when I got close, I called hey "player" he turned and it was over for him "barrel tag" now the back of the building was clear. KnowI had room to start shooting the yellow players on the hill. The player I shot start shouting about where I inserted from. Luckily the ref I told I was alive had the forsite to follow me (from a distance) and told the player that I had inserted from my side. The player shook my hand said great job and walked. I got one more and then got shot myself.
Now to those peaple who say paint prices are steep. What price do you put on meeting anywhere from 5 to 100 new friends. Or seeing a newbie barrel tagging Bud Orr and getting a general kill.
I got hooked on scenario's 3 yrs ago. I've made friends across the country and have some great memories.
Go try a game first then decide if it was worth it.

Cabldawg
Evil Inc
I