PDA

View Full Version : Tom, I almost convinced my wife!

battlegroup
11-21-2002, 12:52 PM
My wife is pregnant and we found out yesterday that we are having another girl. We were going through names and I almost convinced her that her middle name should be Kaye. After I pushed for it for a while she asked me why and I told her that it's the last name of the president of the company that makes the paintball gun I have, and Kaye immediatly fell from the list of possible names.
Sorry Tom, I tried. :D

synreal
11-21-2002, 12:56 PM
see if she'll go for Kotsiopoulos instead ;)

Miscue
11-21-2002, 12:58 PM
How about... MAGgy... with first name starting with an E.

E. MAGgy

:)

battlegroup
11-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Elizabeth is on the list!!:D

Elizabeth Maggie???

E. Mag

I'll have to sneak that one in!

But I have an X-mag on preorder???

Any X. suggestions?

cphilip
11-21-2002, 01:23 PM
So lesson learned? Do not tell her why! :D

HoppysMag
11-21-2002, 02:20 PM
lol you should of proposed Kotsiopoulos first, THEN suggest Kaye...

Fanatic
11-21-2002, 02:40 PM
poor kid

paint magnet
11-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Lol, I feel sorry for her. How about something like R.T.P. whatever or Xandria Maggie (X Mag) Wait, what starts with rtp? Rebecca...:D

Creative Mayhem
11-21-2002, 03:47 PM
LOL Nice try man. Congrats on the new girl!:D

C Mayhem

BlackHalo
11-21-2002, 04:21 PM
I have a friend named Xenia...

"Xenia Maggie _________" = X-Mag ___________

pronounced - Saynia

freek133
11-21-2002, 04:26 PM
alexandria; alex for short
lexus (I love that name!!!!!)

those are the only two I can think up,

Devil
11-21-2002, 04:32 PM
the onlt thing is, that if you want to name her for the new X-mag...then when AGD comes out with a new mag...you'll wanna change her name again...j/k

I think Kaye would be a good middle name....

my daughter, if I ever have one will be Kaly...my real name is Kyla...see the resemblance...(right now my cat is named Kaly...let's see...Kaly Kaye Moose(Dominguez)
I like it!!

Sorry, off topic...but congratulations on the soon to be new baby girl!!

battlegroup
11-21-2002, 11:13 PM
Thanks everyone!
I don't think Xenia will make the final cut though. My last name starts with G so I was thinking of having the initials spell MAG. I might be able to slip that one in.:D

FooTemps
11-21-2002, 11:21 PM
megan alexa g?

aaron_mag
11-21-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Devil
my daughter, if I ever have one will be Kaly...my real name is Kyla...see the resemblance...(right now my cat is named Kaly...let's see...Kaly Kaye Moose(Dominguez)
I like it!!

Too late! You can't name a future daughter Kaly now! Otherwise when they start to research their name it will be revealed that you named her after the cat!

Originally posted by battlegroup
Thanks everyone!
I don't think Xenia will make the final cut though. My last name starts with G so I was thinking of having the initials spell MAG. I might be able to slip that one in.

I'm going through the name thing right now as well. Okay I love my mag but don't you think you are going a little overboard? As a fellow expectant father I feel it is my duty to rein in your enthusiasm;)

Don't feel bad. I can't convince my wife of the name Lara (she has this unnatural dislike of the name because of Tomb Raider):)

AGD
11-21-2002, 11:50 PM
LOL!! Nice way to be imortalized!! Thanks for the thought!!

AGD

FeuerFri
11-22-2002, 12:05 AM
what bout Marie Ann G____= M.A.G.

just a thought, congrats on the new family addition

Xzion
11-22-2002, 12:10 AM
you could always try to 'arrange' her initials. like RTP, AGD etc :D ;)

might take a little creativity however :)

Mossman
11-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Funniest...Thing...Ever :)

Congrats man!

My initials spell my name!
Samuel Alexander Moss = SAM...w00t, hehe

Anyhow, all i gotta do is find a chick with a last name starting with E, and we can hyphenate it.

Then I name my little girl Gabriela Alexis Moss-Erkenwinkle

THEN, when she's just learning to read she'll be like..Daddy, Daddy. My initials spell "GAME".

And that's when I SAY "No, no, no honey, You're initials spell E-mag backwards!"

Muahha, i've got it all planned out. It is now officially BED TIME
-Sam

Dayspring
11-22-2002, 12:22 AM
At my brother's confirmation, we wanted him to take the name Anthony. Why you ask? Here-

Christopher
Robert
Anthony
Papandria

Nomad
11-22-2002, 02:58 AM
AHAHAHHAAHa, someone, please, make this a classic. Names that could be associated with a Mag!

And I think Kaye would own as a middle name. Or even a first name! :D

Oh, BTW, Congrats on the new girl! May you two share many fond times together in the years to come.

battlegroup
11-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the input everyone, but try as I might, the attempt to incorporate AGD or the X-mag into my daughters name has failed. I think we have decided to go with Lauren Elizabeth. Her initials (not on purpose)spell L.E.G. I'll think of her initials as a LX E-MaG :D

Fred
11-22-2002, 08:44 PM
You do realize, of course, that this naming will require you to post baby pictures of the kid gumming on your mag don't you???

:p

Nomad
11-23-2002, 03:12 AM
Yes, an absolute must. Post pics of the little tyke when you can, ok?

battlegroup
11-25-2002, 11:34 AM
I'll try to get a pic of her with my X-mag and a barrel plug pacifier! :D She's due in march, I just hope the X-mag I ordered in July gets here before then:p

einhander619
11-25-2002, 01:34 PM
This is too much. My kids initials will be IR3.

Oh yeah, and if you really want the whole E-MAG name thing, try this on:

Elizabeth Magdelena

your kid will either love you or hate you when she finds out she was named after a paintball gun.