PDA

View Full Version : Is a saftey required for tournament play?

Mirage
11-21-2002, 04:42 PM
Hello,
I've been playing for over 10 years but never in a tournament... I have a Rt with a pro team double trigger but the saftey has been missing for a while... do I need it to play in a tournament? or is a barrel plug and barrel Condom enough?
Thanks
Mirage

EsPo
11-21-2002, 04:46 PM
i didnt have a saftey on my mag last time i played tourny, and there was not problem.. but when a barrel plug was required to be in, i just twisted the barrel so it wouldnt let another ball in, and put my condom on(barrel condom that is)

synreal
11-21-2002, 04:48 PM
i've only seen BBDs (condom, plug, bag, ...) and finger guards are required at events around here

Mirage
11-21-2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks. I should be set then.
Mirage

Kevmaster
11-21-2002, 05:40 PM
um, in my tournie series, you must have a working saftey:
"A. Paintguns must meet manufacturer and insurance safety guidelines regarding triggering mechanisms, the trigger guard, and safety devices such as a barrel plug (a squeegee is not a barrel plug)"

so, check your local tournies, they all have different rules...oh well

Creative Mayhem
11-21-2002, 05:47 PM
All tourneys have their own rules, check them before you get there. In my experience, I haven't had to have safety but some of the three man tourneys around here require a safety, but most only require barrel condoms.

C Mayhem

Blazestorm
11-21-2002, 06:36 PM
Most cocker's I've shot don't have safetys... go figure ;)

*edit* 300th post!!! w00t :D

demonguy8
11-21-2002, 11:35 PM
justa thought kev.. but those rules dont exactly say not having a safety is illegal, it is more open to individual interpretation... and even if it was taken to mean they were illegal.. at a small tourney the rule would likely either not be known by the refs or would be unenforced..

besides many electros dont have safeties if you need an argueing point(not to mention have triggers 1/20th the pull of yours in length) ;)
you are better off not bringing the subject to light tho.. yes its shady, but its how things get done.. (example would be the all americans using turbo for the first time)

Pile & A Half
11-22-2002, 12:15 AM
Acctually dude...I wouldn't check into it. I would just see if you could get away with it, not trying to make that make me sound bad...but I mean if they don't check then you should be set to go. Like they said Tournys have there own rules and such. But if anything make sure you have a barrel plug or condom over your barrel. I doubt they will check....I have had some one check my gun before....but I had two little o-rings over the safety so I passed.