PDA

View Full Version : New EMag, help please

j_gets
08-24-2001, 04:38 PM
I just got my new EMag from the UPS guy, and I have a couple of questions.

First, I heard something about loosening a screw before taking off the grip frame... can someone enlighten me? I want to mess with the trigger, but don't want to hurt my baby!

Second, I can't seem to get either of my aftermarket barrels to work. I lubed the rings, but when it gets into the body about where the guide pin is, it jams. I can "feel" the pin hooking into the channel, but then I can't slide the barrel in any further, let alone twist it into position. The barrels, for reference, are 12" and 14" DYE SS barrels. The 12" is older (before they stamped the barrels with their logo, has the printed logo) and the other is quite a bit newer.

Any insight into these problems?

Thanks,

Josh

Chef123161
08-24-2001, 05:00 PM
Congrats on getting your E-Mag. To do trigger work, you need to remove the valve, body, and body rail. Start off by unscrewing the field strip screw and removing the valve. Then remove the screw that holds the body to the rail (right next to the trigger in the grip frame.) Now, look on the right side of the gun (if you are looking from the back.) You should see a allen head screw. This is the sear pin. Remove it and pull the body rail off. Search the Tech Forum for how-to's on adjusting the E-Mag trigger, myself and others have gone into detail on how to do it. As for the barrel problem, you have a powerfeed E-Mag correct? Standard barrels will not work with Vert Feed bodies. Try just snugging the front grip frame screw instead of going superman on it. The barrel locking pin is protruding too far into the body. If that doesnt work, try carefully filing it down until it goes in. Remember, you can always take more off but you cant put more on. Any more questions, just ask.

j_gets
08-24-2001, 05:02 PM
Yes, it is powerfeed. I may eventually get a vert feed body, but warp feed is far more likely. Thanks for your help.

Josh

Whisky
08-24-2001, 05:07 PM
The "How to disasemble" is right, for your barrel problem, i had the same, the stock barrel fits ok but otjers kind seems to be too tight. I have a Freak and it is a pain to put in and take out, but i didn`t really check yet how to fix that.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

Load SM5
08-24-2001, 05:12 PM
Hey Whisky, check your barrel o-rings. When I got my Freak SP apparently put 4 o-rings around the nubbin instead of two. I don't know whay but I did'nt notice for a while and it made the barrel a screaming pain to get in and out. I noticed and took two off and now it's perfect.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

[This message has been edited by Load SM5 (edited 08-24-2001).]