PDA

View Full Version : Making Grips

The Frymarker
11-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Well for some reason this evening I have been bombarded with questions on how to make molds and where I get my supplies from.

Well I have to say, if I gave that info out I would be out of business. Why would I shoot myself in the foot?

If KFC has there secret recipe, why can't I have mine?

And yes I have made molds of trigger frames, and I am in the process of casting them.

Why can't I be an original?

yeahthatsme
11-21-2002, 07:39 PM
sorry fryermarker, i am just looking for something to do that is useful and fun while i wait to play paintball in the spring, i wasnt trying to start a buisness or anything.

my apologies if i offended you or anything.

pito189
11-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Don't shoot yourself in foot, I'm sure it would hurt a lot too, and you have to make grips not worry about your foot hurting

Let her make her grips. I can't wait to get mine. Woot! Woot!!.

You should put a link to your grip site in your signature. :D

The Frymarker
11-21-2002, 07:49 PM
nah it's okay, you weren't the only one that asked.

The supplies I use are really if you have the set up for it, some of the material is highly toxic. I really woudn't want to be responsible if anything should happen:)

The Frymarker
11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Thanks pito!

I am trying to put my site in my sig without it being to long, trying to figure it out at least.:D

yeahthatsme
11-21-2002, 07:58 PM
you could do it like with a word like my site and have it be a link to your site like it does when you do it with the http:// button.

you put it in like: [ URL=(whatever word here)]url here[/URL]

without the () and spaces:D

Kevmaster
11-21-2002, 08:50 PM
yeh, let the woman have her genious. i hope to get mine soon and i bet shes doing mine better than any of you could do yours.

i know id only order from the one :)

spazzed
11-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Gotta agree w/ Kev & Pito on this one.

Let the lady do her thing. If you wanna make your own grips, that's cool, but what kind of sense would it make for her to give out the secrets of the trade? (so to speak)

Keep on w/ the Excelent work Heather!

The Frymarker
11-22-2002, 07:04 AM
Aww thanks guys, much appreciated.

Yeah that me, I'll try that and see if it works.

Take care

Mr Pink
11-22-2002, 07:06 AM
Heather's Grips Rule!

Clare
11-22-2002, 09:01 AM
for Heather's Grip secrets:
mail a check or money order to Clar...:p I kid!

btw, her grips DO rule!

The Frymarker
11-22-2002, 09:31 AM
Cap, I thought I could trust you with that secret.:(

Clare
11-22-2002, 09:32 AM
oh you know I was kidding, woman! :p

The Frymarker
11-22-2002, 10:19 AM
I know, I know..so was I

It was kind of freaky though, last night I recieved 5 emails all asking the same question.

Fred
11-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Can you do pump handles??? like... for a Phantom???

I have been toying with this a little bit... but I was thinking acrylic... is that similar to your resin stuff? (I am retarded when it comes to anything in the petro-chem side of materials...)

---Fred

The Frymarker
11-23-2002, 07:12 AM
Hi Fred,

I could do a pump handle if you show me what you are looking for and it would be one solid pies of resin.

Acrylic is almost the same except, the resin I receive it in liquid form. Acrylic I seem to only find in sheets?

SGTKennedy
11-24-2002, 02:54 AM
heather. im also sorry, i had no idea you had made the grip when i imed you the first time. and i dont plan on doing any further work with resin, its your world. i just didnt want you to be in any way responsible for anything that might happen.

ive worked out my design, now i have to choose the right plastic to use. hopefully its simple enough i can get it done within a week or 2.

The Frymarker
11-24-2002, 09:16 AM
no problem, not upset at all