PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Ask WDP to Allow 90* Imp Frames

poolshark5226
11-21-2002, 10:45 PM
Imp Owners:
I am sure that many of you have been awaiting the release of the 90* Frame eagerly, and if you don't know what happened recently, then I will tell you. According to Joshua Gore (the guy who introduced us to the 90* Frame) WDP sent him an email claiming that his frame infringed on patents for the space frame on the IR3's. However, as far as I can tell, his design, other than the fact that it is a trigger frame, is different from theirs. The trigger is different, there is no real milling on it, and it has no LCD or anything of the like. It seems to me that WDP doesnt want people with $500 dollar guns to enjoy the $1000+ gun pulls.

I created a petition...however, it won't be up until the 23rd, so I will post a link ASAP. Mods, I would really appreciate it if you could temporarily sticky this thread. Thank you, and I will post the link to my petition on the 23rd.

Butterfingers
11-21-2002, 11:12 PM
petition isnt gonna do much at all its all about money and sole market rights. Its very unlikely that a bunch of names is going to change anything.

WhoDaresPlay
11-21-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
petition isnt gonna do much at all its all about money and sole market rights. Its very unlikely that a bunch of names is going to change anything.

not to mention any petition in the court of law (for example) would require signatures to be valid.

rudy
11-22-2002, 12:06 AM
not to state the obvious but the wdp claim was for just that 90* it doesnt matter what the milling exc looks like. its a functional patent. also why make a petition liek any one in wdp is gonna care if there is a petition. the imp is moving in on thier sales. you would be smarter to call up whoever made this and tell them to either pay royalties to wdp, or pay royalties to AGD and make a 91 or 95# frame or pay rowalties to no one and make a 85* or 89* frame be realistic who no i one is gonna know the difference between the space frame and a 95* frame cause wdp even milled the back of thier frame to angle forward some. If anything AGD might even have grounds on which to claim they are infringing on the Z grip patent.

Mossman
11-22-2002, 12:20 AM
Ya, i could handle a 91* frame guys

manike
11-22-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Mossman
Ya, i could handle a 91* frame guys

I'm not sure and I need to re-read it, but then I think you would be infringing the z-grip patent ;)

joeyjoe367
11-22-2002, 05:07 AM
what about an 89*?

Pand0ra
11-22-2002, 06:42 AM
And a pi/2 frame? ;) Or maybe a 450° frame ? :)

@++

Kevmaster
11-22-2002, 08:44 AM
i dont think a petition is gunna do squat. why would WDP allow SP to make 90* frames when thats their invention and they make money off of it now and impys are their competition. now, if kingman wanted them for spyders, thats another ball game, but SP will not get the rights for free. they may get it if they pay royalties.

and i dont think a 90* frame will infringe in the ZGrip

benzy2
11-22-2002, 09:41 AM
So worr is sueing sp. I thought sp was sueing worr and icd. So that would make some sence then. Worr says "im sueing you" then sp says "well ill sue you too"

circus5
11-22-2002, 10:18 AM
umm.. does anyone have a link to any published info on all these suits so we can get the details?

FutureMagOwner
11-22-2002, 12:03 PM
err benzy were talking about WDP not WGP

magman007
11-22-2002, 12:06 PM
Worr isnt suing any one... SP Suing wdp is a rumor that has not been confirmed nor denied yet.... altho they have sued icd... and that is awaiting settlement still.... A 91* im almost certain would in fringe on the z grip... altho agd may alow it like the bushie frame...

If sp is suing WDP then wdp returning the favor or being asses would be perfectly acceptable as far as im concerned.....

digitard
11-22-2002, 12:06 PM
As they were saying ... a petition wont do anything.

Petitions can get you the right to speak, or the right to bring an oppostion forward in court/congress/etc with a valid amount of signatures ....

BUT ....

IF any type of patent/etc is broken by a design the original patent holders would have to sign off and say its okay for "X Company" to use their patented design for their product, and its unlikely that WDP would do that in this case.

Just my 2 cents

Sincerely,
Dave K

Muzikman
11-22-2002, 12:23 PM
Why do people keep bringing Worr Game Products into this, it's WDP, you know the makers of the Angel???:)

Kevmaster
11-22-2002, 01:53 PM
because we dont read too good