PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for a first time Mag user

impulseplayer
11-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Alright i just got an Emag and i was wondering if i should put a warp feed or a Halo B on it? Also is the Lv 10 superbolt worth the money? And is it as good as people say it is? Also i want to put a barrel system on it but i dont knw what one to go with. Im thinking about the sceptor but does it even come to go on a mag? Or should i just go with a freak. What is the input pressure that an emag takes? Cause i really have no clue. I knw nothing about mags. I am an impulse guy but i really like the feel of mags so i wanna get a mag.

Load SM5
11-22-2002, 12:16 AM
Warp feed or HALO is a personal choice. Both will feed your e-mag all day. Do you get hit in the hopper often? The best way to see is to buy a warp and try it out. If you hate it sell it and use the money to buy a HALO. You can't tell if you'll like it until you try.

The level 10 upgrade is the best upgrade for a mag since compressed air. I highly recommend them. I chopped my first ball in around 13 cases the last time out. That's pretty good odds.

I don't think the Sceptor kit has a mag back yet. I'd give either CP or J&J kits a try. I was never a fan of the freak.

A mag's input pressure is around 650-850. Since input pressure changes the reactivity of the trigger in Hybrid and RT modes you can play with it to your liking. Some people love it set as high as 1000 psi.

Welcome to the wonderful world of mags and AO.

yeahthatsme
11-22-2002, 07:40 AM
and dont forget if you have a vertical feed e-mag you need to get center-feed barrels, if you are getting a freak you have to call smartparts to get it.

i would suggest an equation from www.equationusa.com they come highly suggested and have center feed mag backs i believe.

digitard
11-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey,
Same thing as above ... the HALO B/WARP are preferences .... if your getting hopper hits, or your worried about them, then go and find someone with a WARP setup and try it out, make sure you feel comfortable using it. If not and you just want quick ball feeding, then go with the HALO B since its a normal sized/etc hopper.

Level 10 virtually eliminates ball chopping, so its definitally worth it if your firing fast enough to chop a ball.

Since I am rebuilding my classic mag I cant wait for the XVALVE to come out which is a lighter version of the ReTro valve and lvl10 built in ... w00t

Sincerely,
Dave K

impulseplayer
11-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Alright. yea i do have a problem with hopper hits so i think im ganna get a warp feed. Does it seem to get in the way for anyone? Just a thought. im ganna go try it out at a local store this weekend. Its a right feed barrel. Does anyone knw of a link to get to the CP site? So i can see more about that barrel? cause i really dont knw anything about it. I really love mags they are great.

digitard
11-22-2002, 01:08 PM
I personally prefer the DYE BOOMSTICK barrels .... But thats just my own opinion ....

Definitally let us know how ya like the WARP when you try it out ... its a 50/50 split, some people jsut dislike the feeling, but if your hopper prone then its great cause ya can lean out a lil bit and without the hopper sticking out 6" you are a bit harder to hit/see

Sincerely,
Dave K

punkcmonkiez
11-22-2002, 01:29 PM
www.costomproducts-az.com