PDA

View Full Version : 12v Warp Mod--Problem!

paintballer187
11-22-2002, 02:33 PM
I just went to Radio Shack last night and picked up a 12v reg and a few 9v adapters. After i had completed the mod and wired it all up, i put batteries on it and it would not shut off unless i put some older batteries in it, then the warp would work as it should. But as soon as i put fresh batteries w/ the 12v mod it will go continously. what is wrong? anyone else have this problem? thanks

TheTramp
11-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Have you tried turning down the sensitivity in the Warp itself? It's the little blue knob on the Warp's circuit board (if you didn't know). You should be able to turn it counter clockwise (with the new batteries) and the Warp should stop spining unless you tap it, fire the gun, ect.

Try this and let us know if it works.

xen_100
11-22-2002, 03:31 PM
that is my suggestion as well. the warp circiut is a voltage controled circiut. when you up the volts you up the sensitivity. try turning that sensor down and it will work fine. I had to do that on mine when I made it 12 volts.

Tunaman
11-22-2002, 03:47 PM
This problem will persist unless you install 2 100 Microfarad capacitors. I each in the regulator input and output. Apparently it is "electrical noise" that is the problem. This will do the trick.:D :D

TheTramp
11-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
This problem will persist unless you install 2 100 Microfarad capacitors. I each in the regulator input and output. Apparently it is "electrical noise" that is the problem. This will do the trick.:D :D

All I had to do was turn down the sensitivity and it was fine.

synreal
11-22-2002, 03:54 PM
i run the caps on mine, and have never had an issue. splurge the extra $1.49 and do it right.

hitech
11-22-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
All I had to do was turn down the sensitivity and it was fine.

That's what I did, and it worked, for a while. Then one day I counted turn the sensitivity down enough. You will probably need the caps at some point.