PDA

View Full Version : Hat Logo Winner!!!

AGD
11-22-2002, 02:44 PM
AO,

Thanks again for being part of the AGD design team and making sure we have the coolest stuff for you! Winner, by popular vote is Omni's hat logo!! Congrats Omni and tell us if you want the Iframe or the Warp! We also need vector artwork if you have it. We will be doing black and white hats and will substitute the X-mag for the Emag.

Thanks to everyone who participated, as usual there were lots of great ideas and the competition was really tough!

AGD

digitard
11-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Congrats man, I REALLY like that design ... very simple, but very noticeable and effective ....

I'm gonna order a black hat .. protect my head from getting nailed again (I got shot right int he dome last time)

Sincerely,
Dave K

Remington
11-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Good job Omni! Nice hat! Any idea when they'll be available Tom? OH! OH! :D Tom, you should really consider making the hats stretch-fit. That way, you can make fitted hats but still have them fit everyone!

Devil
11-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Great job!
This one is a nice one...it wasn't my pick...it look great though...I will definately have to get one...enjoy your prizes...!

If you're ever at a tourney with me, you gotta sign it!

shartley
11-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Way to go Omni! Congratz.

I however would not buy it. I personally don’t have a problem with the design, just it’s placement and size. I thought part of the reason AGD was going to make new hats is that the ones they have now (which I actually like), were not easily recognizable at a distance. I really don’t see how this new design helps that.

And it is just not my style.

pito189
11-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Definately stretch-fit is key. Other than that. I like the nice simple design. Is there going to be anything on the back?

Scooter/Cootie
11-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Congratz! I like the design! :cool:

cphilip
11-22-2002, 03:28 PM
Congrats Omni!!!! :D

Center it in the middle though... ;)

Ironmag
11-22-2002, 03:40 PM
it should be made pro style, but fitted would be a good alternative. Nice design btw.

scarpa43
11-22-2002, 04:06 PM
I am with Shartley on size and placement, I think that a lot of people will wear this when playing and the strap on your goggles will cover up the logo.

dre1919
11-22-2002, 04:11 PM
I may be missing something as I only halfway followed the whole voting process, but if this is the only hat to be made, what about those of us that don't own an Emag? I liked the other entries, mine and a bunch of other peoples, that focused on the AGD brand name or the lions or something along that vien. I like Omni's design just fine, especially the minimalism of it all...but again, if I don't own an Emag, why get one?

magman007
11-22-2002, 04:11 PM
omni, great work as usual.... But TOM they are right.... If i were you, atleast go the Grafiti style... that is nice, big and visable... its really up to you guys, but you said... i want it to be visable from afar etc etc.... well that isnt..... it wont be visable unless you really really look at it... Omni, good work bro....

Webmaster
11-22-2002, 04:15 PM
I didnt vote - but that was my favorite. A very clean, hip design.

Shartley - lots of the more modern stuff like this is off kilter and a bit obtuse. Kids dont want to wear a big "eat at joes" in 72 pt arial on a white cap. Still - everyone has preferences.

magman007
11-22-2002, 04:20 PM
Steve, good to see your imput... Personally tho, that has started to be come a style.... I dont really like it... but i know alot of people who do... its all because of shows like jackass and stuff...

PErsonally as i said above, the grafiti one is still the best, most visual idea... and i truely feel it should be changed.. Omni would still be the winner, and we would have a hat visual from a distance

alkafluence
11-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Again, I would have to agree with the others that stated, the offcenter and small logo will not make it any more "visible" than the older lions logo hat. In fact, if this hat is worn backwards under a mask, the goggle strap will cover up the logo.

Now if you were going to pick one, I would pick omni's graffiti one, as I voted for before in the other thread (it said AGD in graffiti letters) as being easily visible and discernible, even when wearing a mask.

CRog075
11-22-2002, 04:37 PM
I like it. But its kinda plain. Thers one small logo but then the rest of the hat is black. :(

shartley
11-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
Shartley - lots of the more modern stuff like this is off kilter and a bit obtuse. Kids dont want to wear a big "eat at joes" in 72 pt arial on a white cap. Still - everyone has preferences.
HeeHee That is true... almost like the generation that thinks it is cool. ;)

I will stick with the classic looks, thank you. :D But like you said, everyone has preferences.... And I am no sheep. ;)

ADDED: Oh, for those who say it will be too small to see when turned around backward while playing, or that your mask strap will cover it up… sorry… but I don’t think people pay attention to the back of other people’s heads while playing. The important thing is how it will look when NOT playing and turned around the correct way. ;)

AllAmericanMag
11-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Awwww, I want one with the Regular E-Mag :( But whatever, I'll buy either :D

beam
11-22-2002, 05:15 PM
Congrats Omni! Good work...but has anyone actually tabulated the results of the voting thread?

I came up with Omni's grafitti (front design only, back undecided) one as the winner 21 votes to 16 over the current winner. The winner would still be Omni. Oh well. Man, I must sound like a sore loser! :D Again, congratz Omni!!

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=515977

Riotz
11-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Congrats Omni.

Not my fav, but I guess I should have voted. =| Laziness 6 - Riotz 0.

BTW, Tom originally stated that they were going to make these Flexi-fit hats.

Statik7
11-22-2002, 05:47 PM
:( i made the hat but with omnis logo...congrats to you man

yeahthatsme
11-22-2002, 05:56 PM
i like the one that got the most votes, the one with agd on the front and the ao sign on the back.

the one that they say won i dislike. its way plain and looks kinda stupid. might just be me though, but i wouldnt wear it.

omni
11-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Yay! Early Birthday Gift from AGD!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to sit down this weekend and learn Vector Graphics :D

I have an original larger dimension version, but will try converting it, if it makes things easier.

"substitute the X-mag for the Emag." Currently That is a E-mag?

Who do I contact about my address and such?

Thank you !!!! :D

Statik7
11-22-2002, 06:11 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55913&perpage=30&pagenumber=1
bottom of page

AGD
11-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Omni I emailed you the info.

AGD

magman007
11-22-2002, 07:06 PM
so no comment tom???? :confused: this slightly bothers me...:( i understand it is your decision, but myself and other members are telling you it may not be a good one..

tom it would be good it hear what you have to say...

tunaman jr
11-22-2002, 07:44 PM
i remember that one... good job

paintslinger
11-22-2002, 08:01 PM
yay thats the hat i wanted to win. im gonna buy one yippeee!!

Creative Mayhem
11-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Good job omni! I too would like to know if there is any writing on the back("Airgun Designs")

BTW Omni, if you already have the i-frame and warp, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands.:D

C Mayhem

Kevmaster
11-22-2002, 09:55 PM
i agree. im against the idea AGD posted...too smalll...wont work for AGD on the field...everyone will have to take a close look to see what it is....oh well

happyDruid1972
11-22-2002, 11:19 PM
so when can i order one:D

DiRTyBuNNy
11-23-2002, 02:51 AM
when they actually have a chance to make them...that's when..

magman007
11-23-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by kevmaster
i agree. im against the idea AGD posted...too smalll...wont work for AGD on the field...everyone will have to take a close look to see what it is....oh well

Tom, wasnt that the whole point of a new hat design????? something easily seen? I have said this many times.... I want to hear your imput!!!

i know that unless some one in the AO community sees me wearing my hat, it will not be recognized...... thats bad! If they see me with a huge AGD on my head, they will ask.. and i will tell.... the current is too small tom!

petefol
11-23-2002, 10:26 AM
maybe tom just didnt like the graffiti style hat.

omni
11-23-2002, 10:41 AM
In my case, I like small logo's and nice design, simple but does its perpose. I'm sorry to the guys who think some 8 foot logo on a hat is going to be more effective than a smaller one. The hat isn't going to tell people how Great AGD is, that's where the head under the hat comes in ...

omni
11-23-2002, 11:06 AM
The back of the Hat is also Open for an Idea I think, as there doesn't seem to be one selected. This is where the Whole AGD visible text could come in play.

petefol
11-23-2002, 12:17 PM
they could use the graffiti style text since that seems popular, but i would redesign it with bigger letters to be easily read. they could also use these.

magman007
11-23-2002, 01:56 PM
omni, you know what i asked for.... that foo fighters text, same one rice rocket used, but in white... i will try to find the pic of what he did for you

magman007
11-23-2002, 01:58 PM
here it is http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=513679

Punkerx2
11-23-2002, 10:58 PM
i also like omnis graffiti hat better...

but if this is the hat agd chose, then i wont argue.. but please make it have a regular 68 mag too, it would feel weird waering a emag hat and shooting a 68 classic...

but even if that doesnt happen its still agd and i would buy it anyways :D

JEDI
11-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Omni, in my opinion the hat design is perfect. A couple of my snow board caps have the same off center design. I couldn't have done better myself. I was consider a hat for off the feild wear.

I'm not really concerned about what I'm seen wearing on my head when I play. I'm not a big fan of the LOOK WHAT I'M WEARING logo off the feild either. Its too NASCAR for me.

I'm sure the small gun logo will be an attention getter any way. Again, good job

magking1971
11-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Nice hat but what kind of box will they come in?:D