PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed, Worth It?

mjs1217
11-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Assuming i had an rt pro with intelliframe and retro and 12v revvy, would it be worth it to buy a warp feed? it would lower the rof to 16bps, but i wouldnt really be able to shoot that high anyway...

so is it worth it to buy a warp feed?

benzy2
11-22-2002, 07:00 PM
sell the rvey and buy a halo b or if you dont want a halo get the eggII. Both of those will feed faseter then a warp/revy on LONG strings. Then you could spend the left over money on paint. Just my 2 cents

mjs1217
11-22-2002, 07:02 PM
but the warp feed also lowers the hopper alot...plus i can barely shoot 16bps! why would i need a better laoder if i cant keep up with the current one!?

shartley
11-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by benzy2
sell the rvey and buy a halo b or if you dont want a halo get the eggII. Both of those will feed faseter then a warp/revy on LONG strings. Then you could spend the left over money on paint. Just my 2 cents
This is very true.... however, have you tried to shoot a Halo or Eggo upside down, or at odd angles?

The reasons someone would (IMHO) want a Warp Feed now have changed VS the reasons 2 years ago. And this is because hopper technology has advanced past the need to use a Warp Feed JUST for high rates of fire. So, the reasons to have a WF would be because of the lower profile, and shooting at odd angles.

So, if your reason for having a WF are those... I would say yes, it is worth it. (But I am going HaloB first because of MY needs.)

Xzion
11-22-2002, 07:45 PM
I find a X-Board/'evil' impeller and warp combo work nicely for my needs, the warp tends to play catchup for any gaps the revvie might cause. :)

spazzed
11-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Yep, I never outshot my classic w/ 9vrevvy +vortex impellar & warp.

As for is the warp worth it, all I have to say is DUH!! :D

benzy2
11-22-2002, 08:53 PM
ok i misread that. I thought you were sad that it limited it to only 16 and wanted more. If you dont need it for pure speed reasons but for more compactness then go for it. I thought the issue was only speed. I think it would be a great upgrade if you have plenty of money. Other wise i would stick with a 12v revy and a lvl ten(if you have a mag). I have a question on the upside down thing. It would only last for a 7 shoots. Once the warp is empty the hopper wont keep feeding . Also wouldnt upsidedown make you less compact cause of the lack of training that way. I can see wierd angles out of a bunker or what have you but upsidedown. Yeah im all for you getting this if you are for compactness/speed instead of pure speed. Halo is a big bulky thing.

sniper1rfa
11-22-2002, 08:59 PM
actually, if you at a wierd anough angle, emptying the warp just causes it to go back to gravity feed (assuming you have a warp p/f or other warp specific feed). so its more like 20-35 shots, depending on how long your hose is.

benzy2
11-22-2002, 09:49 PM
no it would still only be 7 cause once the warp box is empty it cant push the ones in the hose. You see what i mean. It can only keep feeding if more come into the warp. Otherwise you only have abouyt 7 or so.

K-villeplayer
11-22-2002, 10:47 PM
I would deffinatley say that the warp is worth it. After I got mine, I couldn't beleive how many games I stayed in longer because I didn't get any of those annoying hopper shots. I love the thing. It also lowers my profile, and being 6' 4", I need to lower that all that I can.

All in all, I would get one.

Andrew

darklord
11-23-2002, 12:11 AM
It's probably great for speedball, but not for woodsball. I used to have one, and found that it made my gun too boxy and less manueverable. It's really awkward to try to grip the gun while tilting it at a 135 degree angle, let alone aiming with it. Not only that but it's damn near impossible to crawl. My advice is to try the warp out first if you can. You can either get a HALO or Eggo II, or see if just the intellifed revvy is fast enough for you.

oldsoldier
11-23-2002, 02:42 AM
If you decide to buy one, PM me. I just happen to be getting rid of a smoke warp w/an extra length of hose.

Dayspring
11-23-2002, 03:45 AM
Not true. I could think of MANY times the Warp was usefull at Skirmish's Scenario games. More for the "odd angles" than anything else. Plus- it scares the bejeezus out of some people.

Originally posted by darklord
It's probably great for speedball, but not for woodsball. I used to have one, and found that it made my gun too boxy and less manueverable. It's really awkward to try to grip the gun while tilting it at a 135 degree angle, let alone aiming with it. Not only that but it's damn near impossible to crawl. My advice is to try the warp out first if you can. You can either get a HALO or Eggo II, or see if just the intellifed revvy is fast enough for you.

Scorch
11-23-2002, 05:09 AM
Whether you are a back player or front player or in between. The Warpfeed adds a new dimension to your game. With my old angel + warp (and cocker+warp), I found that I could out snap shoot someone better than me with a simple trick... drop to the ground and shoot semi-inverted on the opposite side of my bunker at near ground level. :) I'm already a good snap shooter but being able to do this was all due to the warp.

As a back player, the warp offered two large advantages. My op back players could hardly see me and often confused my peeking with me shooting :). In games that we were down, I am sure that by being a much smaller target allowed me to at least get a few rushers if not change the course of a game. Getting through 5 or 10 more seconds of play can mean a lot to a last in back player.

Now that I'm back playing Mid, I REALLY miss my warpfeed. Tom, if you are listening, I would be happy to evangelize the warp again! Hint hint ;)

mjs1217, no matter what your mrof is, you'll find the greatest potential of your RT Pro with a warpfeed.

Scorch

sniper1rfa
11-23-2002, 11:43 AM
i know that, but (excluding vert feed) have you every tried simply flipping the gun over? you lose the force feed, but it will still shoot like a regular p/f mag (or left feed mayhem, in my case).

Trench
11-23-2002, 12:57 PM
I want one just so I can get the hopper off the top of the gun... That or a no rise body...

Marek
11-23-2002, 01:24 PM
If all u want to do is just add the warp to ur current setup (no Halo B) than yes get it. It makes your setup more compact and eliminates the hopper from the top. As an added advantage, its helps the feeding process, but only as much as you hopper feeds it. Its all what u want and need that matters. Hope this helps.

Kevmaster
11-23-2002, 06:04 PM
im gunna run a warp and Halo B....muhahaha!!

Devil
11-24-2002, 11:44 AM
I tried a warp at SC:AO on an Rt, and I loved it! I'm going to purchase one as soon as I come up with the $$(I already have a seller) it was great for me...I could play in different angles because I didn't have to worry about my revy in the way and all...so....YES to WARP!

Kevmaster
11-24-2002, 12:35 PM
yeh, i was lucky enough to win a Warp at the dinner party...muhahahaha!!!

i would have bought one anyways as my CnC Emag and Rainmaker will both be WarpFeed only