PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Level 10 Setup Story

Phil
11-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Ok I installed L10 in my emag and it went fairly seamlessly. It pretty much worked right away. So I tell my buddy I will install L10 in his RTPro.

I started (12:30pm) with the 1.5 carrier and it gassed out the front like mad. Ended up all the way down at the .5 carrier. Gass it up with the middle spring. Gun wont fire and eventually starts gassing out the blow off valve in the back. Go to smallest spring. Cant get velocity above 260 and the gun doesnt fire reliably. Call AGD and they say to trim down the middle spring until the gun works. I cut little peices off of the spring and re-assemble gun 999 times. Bolt starts sticking. I call AGD. They tell me to add more shims till it stops sticking. I add shims one at a time till I run out. Bolt still sticking. I get my LV10 kit and use 2 more shims. Gun finally works at 3:30pm.

My observations: The kits need more shims. Actual numbers would be nice on the carriers vs. dots and lines. The kit needs more springs. The AGD guy was great. I didn't get his name. I couldn't have done it without his help. Just thought I would share.

Philip

BajaBoy
11-22-2002, 09:35 PM
i do agree about the shims, maybe two more. But about the Numbers on the cair. i dont think thats nessary (sp) because after its set, no need to fool with it

RetroEclipseMan
11-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem. I started with the 1.5 carrier and 1 shim with the medium spring and it was working fine.Then the o-ring broke in and started leaking so i dropped down a carrier size but couldn't get the bolt to recock and kept adding shims until i ran out and it still didn't work. By the time i got it to work decently with the medium spring the thing started to leak again(not because of shims but the o-ring)so i went down to the .5 carrier and now it won't work at all. It seems odd that the o-ring would wear that fast so i think it must just be a bad o-ring so i'm going to retry with a brand new o-ring and see what happens. I totally agree though that there needs to be a few more shims added just in case they are needed or if a few get ruined.

Smoken
11-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Polishing the bolt pin (the thing that slides into the power tube) does wonders for alleviating boltstick problems. I was having similar issues with my gun, then I polished the pin and BINGO. My gun now runs flawlessly.

Dayspring
11-22-2002, 09:50 PM
Did we oil the o-rings? Common mistake in the install is that it's not done.

FutureMagOwner
11-22-2002, 09:54 PM
did you remeber to put the oring into the other carrier? i didnt realize i didnt and my gun wouldnt work all day :rolleyes: