PDA

View Full Version : mirco mag on Emag.. possible?????????

boomerfoxtrot
11-22-2002, 08:51 PM
Is the Mirco Mag body, interchanable with the Emag body???

personman
11-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Ah yes, even the infamous moose has given in to the power of MICRO E-MAGS!
I really dont know the answer to your question, dont you have a friend with a micro e-mag? He was at SCAO..
Why dont you just try to put his body on your grip frame..
Make sure you dont forget to take off the rail :rolleyes:

boomerfoxtrot
11-22-2002, 08:57 PM
well.. I'm thinking about it... but I have a feeling that I won't .. I might build a micro RT ..

dogEmedic
11-23-2002, 08:10 AM
I think you can, I emailed PTP about buying a body, this is what they said.

Satin balck is $199.95 and Nickel or Ultra Black (polished black) is $249.95. Please keep in mind that the new vertical feed Micromags take an RT style frame and not and automag frame. That was so we could put the e-mag frame on our body.

56kSomeGuy
11-23-2002, 08:57 AM
It is possible to put a micro body on an e-mag but you will need a micro-e on/off pin(it's shorter than the stock e-mag pin due to the body being thiner or something)

cphilip
11-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 56kSomeGuy
It is possible to put a micro body on an e-mag but you will need a micro-e on/off pin(it's shorter than the stock e-mag pin due to the body being thiner or something)

You also need a Micro E Sear assembly and sear scew pin from PTP. Its slightly different. Larger pin hole in the micro E.

The Micro E pin is .670-.675 I think. Shorter than an Emag pin. Both size Emag pins are longer than that. And RT P pins are much longer too. You can make one though if you have a nice set of calipers.

Also PTP uses a spacer between the grip and the body. You probably need that spacer. Its a 1/8 or so inch piece of metal all the way down the body. I would assume that would come with the body but you better be sure. Its important.

lopxtc
11-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Everything you need to know about getting a micro-e body on a e-mag ... including pics of one with it ...

Originally posted by thlibo
Ok, I can see this becoming a topic of discussion. Further inquiries should go in the Tech forum, but here is the summary.

You start off with an AGD E-mag. You remove the body rail, and the E-mag body. Then you replace the sear for a micro mag sear, and buy a spacer to go between the micromag body and the E-mag grips. Then you change the on/off pin to an Emicro pin, and you have an E-micro.

Aaron

Trench
11-23-2002, 12:50 PM
Moose, why dont you just get an x-mag? Oh yeah, your broke! *Grin*

Personman, our team mate was borrowing Uncle Phil's...

boomerfoxtrot
11-23-2002, 01:10 PM
ah.. forget that..

I'm just going to wait for the Xmag bodies...

magmonkey
11-23-2002, 01:22 PM
i don't think that a emag sear will fit into the slot in the bottom of the micro body without milling because the emag sear has bushings where (atleast on my) micromag it uses the old style sear

MinimagRockin'
11-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Do you have to do that if you want to make a micro rt (I would be using a rtp valve). Also does the level 10 fit in the new ones or is that still a problem?