PDA

View Full Version : all american vs. teardrop,

fuzzbubble
11-22-2002, 10:35 PM
well, i'm getting a freak, and i cant decide on the all american tip, or the tear drop one, i'm not sure the differences of the two, aside from apperances, so i'm tryin to get feedback on both, and see who likes which

a_malfunction
11-22-2002, 10:38 PM
It really doesnt make that much of a difference... just pick the one you think looks better.

datapimp69
11-23-2002, 12:12 AM
well i think it does matter,

the all american is ported the whole way down,

where the teardrop is only ported the last 4"

so i say teardrop all the way.

Mossman
11-23-2002, 12:22 AM
I like the look of the teardrop, but the all american has its place on some guns. You may notice slightly quieter operation and slightly worse efficiency on the all american, especially in one of the longer tips

bornl33t
11-23-2002, 01:47 AM
for some reason I always though the teardrop was quieter.... but whatever, get a boomy front :D that's what I use. Well I should say have, i haven't yet tried to USE it yet... .but ya know

Sinistarr
11-23-2002, 02:04 AM
If you are looking for quiet, get the AA, if you are looking for a barrel that clears well after breaking a ball, get the Teardrop. The teardrop shape on the holes pulls paint away from the porting and clears better. Even with the LX in my mag, I have had paint break half way down the barrel and it cleared after a few shots. The AA clears ok, but not as well, however it is quieter on most markers. I have and use both. AA on my tippman and a freak teardrop on both tippman and mag.
Now, that said, the 18" teardrop freak is by far the quietest barrel. I am thinking that the longer the teardrop the quieter, as with the AA. I don't have the same length AA and Teardrop to test side by side.

G

oldsoldier
11-23-2002, 03:02 AM
I think the teardrop is more asthetically pleasing. The AA, to me, just looks like what it is; drilled holes.
Having said that, I have a black 14" teardrop tip for sale :D

Won Hunglo
11-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Try the new Falonian Tube barrel AA just released. It is awsome!

TNS2k2
11-24-2002, 10:04 PM
http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/freakmods.jpg

Now these are some pretty crazy freak tips. I like the Bigshot out of them. I also like the Boomstick which i am thinking about getting.

I have a teardrop. It looks nice and it also cleans after breaks well. It is fairly quiet too.

minion450
11-25-2002, 12:18 AM
what barrel cleans the best after a break other than these two