PDA

View Full Version : What gun has the quietest operation (ie audible noise)?

Templar007
08-23-2001, 04:29 AM
Hey all,
I was just wondering what you guys think is the quietest operating gun (non-pump)? Is it a Matrix with Trinity reg and Armson Stealth? Or a Angel with Boomy? What do you guys think? Oh, just aftermarket barrels no homemade silencers.

j_gets
08-23-2001, 04:42 AM
Shocker w 16 in AA.

Josh

Peanut The Paintballer
08-23-2001, 06:10 AM
Not ANY angel with ANY barrel is quieter than other guns lol.

Tbone
08-23-2001, 06:13 AM
I also agree with Shocker

slayer
08-23-2001, 06:58 AM
I also agree with shocker with stock barrel, although I have not been around a ton of different types of guns. Also, that barrel that comes with it is really long and has tons of porting, both of which really help make it quiet, and suck air like an asthmatic fat man running up Mount Everest.

martlet1
08-23-2001, 08:01 AM
My icd alley cat with the 14 inch smarts parts barrel was the quietest gun i have ever had. there was a small hole over the ball feed, which i taped over to keep the rain out one day, and the gun just went totally silent. The only thing you could hear was the recock. From a distance all you could hear was the balls coming at you. My friend has the identical gun, and I hate playing woods games against him because all you can hear are the balls hitting around you. Now that I have a micro, its hard to keep the same stealth, but its worth it.

Muzikman
08-23-2001, 08:08 AM
The quietest gun I ever heard shoot was the Nova. You couldn't hear it at all. Most cockers are pretty quiet, except for that damn clicking of the back block http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Other than that, yeah Shockers are quiet.

------------------
Jason "Muzikman" Beam

68 Automag
68 Automag (Pumpmag) w/ 6-Pak+
Automag RT
Sydarm

http://www.pittsburgh-music.com/paintball

PyRo
08-23-2001, 08:50 AM
I would say, a cocker with a boa conceler barrel on it http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

mykroft
08-23-2001, 09:02 AM
Shocker or Matrix, or a cocker with the back block unthreaded so it doesn't ping. All American is just about the quietest barrel I've run across. The Mag with an AA is pretty bloody quiet too.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

Whisky
08-23-2001, 12:52 PM
I have to say that the quietest i`ve heard is the Matrix, it have been modified by one pro team that i don`t remember the name, but that baby was really quiet.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

Nitroduck
08-23-2001, 12:55 PM
The 2 quietest guns I've heard are Shockers w/ long barrels and the new stock bushmasters with the line-ported barrels.

However, the quietest you could get would be a Prolite with a 18" Smart Parts Teardrop and internal modifications to diminish the "ping" to nothing.

magattack
08-23-2001, 02:26 PM
The bob long intimidator is pretty quiet too

XspyX
08-23-2001, 02:31 PM
I'd have to say my Automag is pretty quiet. Maybe not the quietest but it is quieter than my friends Shocker s/f and 16" AA.

emaggot4life
08-23-2001, 02:34 PM
I would have to also agree on the Shocker with the AA barrel. I love my cocker and it is very quiet, but the back block going "Click" is anoying.

Micromag5371
08-23-2001, 02:56 PM
Ooh, boy I can tell you what the lodest is.
my friend had a micrococker, and it had an aluminum dye (I think) and he was dryfiring it in the staging area to get the timing down. Boy oh Boy, damn i thought i had a 30/06 besides me. I took out my micromag, gassed it up and dry fired it and every body just kinda gave me a wierd stare...my gun was wispering compared to that micrococker.

------------------
"It takes a man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at him."

micromag s/n 003554
need a pic?- http://www.geocities.com/unblood/Paintball.html

[This message has been edited by Micromag5371 (edited 08-23-2001).]

MagMan5446
08-23-2001, 05:56 PM
What about an excalibur? They don't have a bolt to make noise with.

Cha0tic
08-23-2001, 06:05 PM
ecalibers have a bolt.... its made by aka.
www.akalmp.com (http://www.akalmp.com)

the epic doesn't have a bolt, it uses a trap door.

LittleJP
08-23-2001, 06:10 PM
in regards to the autococker dryfiring, they are one of the loudest dry firing guns you can get...i live in the city and i got the cops called on me cuz i was dry firing in my "yard"...dont even ask how that ended up...but load a cocker with balls and a nice barrel, and it is pretty frickin quiet...

my 2cents

MagManChris
08-23-2001, 07:19 PM
Yeah, both cockers and angels are extremely loud when dry fired. Just add paint and they will be quieter than your mag. Well, most mags.

------------------
PF Black Teflon automag
10" dye stainless/14" BoomStick
benchmark double trigger
68/4500 Armageddon
PMI Perfect drop foreward
DYE Stickies

Chris
08-23-2001, 07:25 PM
Novas were the quietest guns. Under 95 PSI operating pressure, no bolt...the thing sounded like a wet fart.

-Chris

MagMan5446
08-23-2001, 07:46 PM
Yeah, Epic, thats what I meant.

Anyone ever here one of these in action?

DOZY
08-24-2001, 10:22 AM
i would have to say either the shocker or the matrix, both very quiet. both excellent guns

------------------
dozy is uh pymp

Mojojojo
08-24-2001, 12:59 PM
my brothers stock f4 is fairly load, and the ............what is the name of the gun.....o' well, it's a spyder rip off the is sooo load...and packs a punch...

Eric

------------------
"Blood is foul, The Flesh dross. My Ascendance thirsts for life itself"
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/shootingsoldier.gif

Hasty8
08-24-2001, 02:26 PM
On the opposite end of the spectrum is my Model 98 with a cut down stock barrel. Mainly used as an intimidation tool to scare the bejeesus out of the opposition. Thing sounds like a cannon. Swear to god but I have to use ear plugs when I play with it.

Accuracy goes to the dogs though.

Ever hear about the dislexic insomniac?
He kept lying awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

PsychoMag
08-24-2001, 11:07 PM
well, we all know that mags are not the choice of snipers since they arent too stealthy, but I do like the silence of the shocker, and dont forget about the pumps, If you think a cocker is kinda quiet, try a sniperII which is the pump version, no noisy pneumatics...delrin bolt...whisper quiet.

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

Templar007
08-25-2001, 12:57 AM
Man my friend just got a matrix with shocktech reg. (110 psi operating preasure). The gun is very quiet, he has a AA 12" freak barrel system with it and man when he playes back I bet you can't even hear anything but the balls hitting the other bunkers.

M-a-s-sDriver
08-25-2001, 09:53 AM
I know, Semi's. But two of the quietest guns ever are pumps.
The first belongs to one of my teamates. It is an OLD sniper, ss6975 with one of the original Smart Parts Spiral ported barrels. This barrel is one of the prototypes for the famous AA barrels, and is made out of a stock 14" long WGP black tube.
The other gun is a ported barrel Palmer's Houndstooth pump.
Both of these guns are so quiet, that all you hear when they fire is the hammer hitting the bolt, and the ball whizzing by. Just a small click and a buzz. On the cocker you get it that quiet by letting the pump handle cycle back a little by just releasing your grip. It's great playing rec against "POPS" with his Sniper. You get hit, and never hear the shot. Pretty fun stuff.
Brent Jackson, PFB

------------------
Drink! for you know not whence you came, nor why. Drink! for you know not why you go, nor where.

[This message has been edited by M-a-s-sDriver (edited 08-25-2001).]

Muzikman
08-25-2001, 09:57 AM
M-a-s-sDriver:
First off, he said non-pump...

"I was just wondering what you guys think is the quietest operating gun (non-pump)?"

Second, my Houndstooth is far from quiet. Now, I do not have any porting, but still far from quiet.

I don't know if you ever heard the Nova shoot, but it is hands down the quietest gun I ever heard.

------------------
Jason "Muzikman" Beam

68 Automag
68 Automag (Pumpmag) w/ 6-Pak+
Automag RT
Sydarm

http://www.pittsburgh-music.com/paintball