PDA

View Full Version : Gun Recommendation help.

Allen
08-24-2001, 07:06 AM
I will be getting alot of money soon($850), and I was wondering what your opinions are on getting
A RT Pro
Parts for my current Mag(like a ReTro valve)
A Black Magic
Or STO
Or vertical feed
Or standard feed cocker.
I seem to play better with the cocker I have now than with my mag, but it may be because of the Z-Grip. Looks are semi-important- you can't go on the field looking goofy, now can you?

------------------
"It dosen't matter if you're skinny, dosen't matter if you're fat, you can dress up as a sultan in your onion head hat!"
Cake, Title:Fasion Eagle CD:Fasion Eagle

[This message has been edited by Allen (edited 08-24-2001).]

wyn1370
08-24-2001, 07:22 AM
well what type of accessories do you have right now?
tanks, loaders, regs, barrels, ect...

------------------
retro mini (http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/wyn1370/mag1.jpg)

And shepherds we shall be
For thee My Lord for thee
Power hath descended forth from thy hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomine patre, at file, spiritus sancte.

- MacManus Family Prayer

Allen
08-24-2001, 07:38 AM
I have a Flatline 68ci tank, a 12v rev(hopefully a Ricochet soon), 12in J&J ceramic mag barrel(if I bought new stuff for my mag, I'd get a color matching J&J 2 piece), and I'm selling my cocker with all the stuff on it.
I also have a warp feed, but I have yet to use it in a game. I lost the battery lid the one day I actually had it mounted, and just haven't gotten around to re-mounting it.
If I bought the vert or standard feed cocker, I'd need a barrel. Other guns would need nothing more for me to play with.

------------------
"It dosen't matter if you're skinny, dosen't matter if you're fat, you can dress up as a sultan in your onion head hat!"

Paintballboy
08-24-2001, 07:50 AM
If i were you I would diffently look at getting a Black Magic or Sto 2001.

------------------
*My Mag*
-68 Mag w/ p.f.
-Tru Flight 8inch
-S.P. Gas Thru Grip
-PMI Perfect Valve
-P&P Drop Forward

wyn1370
08-24-2001, 08:04 AM
I'd say go with a rt pro. you've got an adj. tank and a 12v. And if you wanted to set your warp up on it you could even get it with the warp body.

FeelTheRT
08-24-2001, 08:35 AM
well myself, i am a 'cocker guy. IMO i think the Black Magic Autococker is a waste of $$. it's just a STO with more attractive millings. I say go for a vertical feed Autococker and upgrade your way up. The sweetness of an Autococker is that there are so many different ways of upgrading it, almost every single Autococker is different an unique. The reason i say go for the vertical feed rather than side feed is that it can sell much more later on. My Autococker is a side feed and if it were a vertical feed, i could sell it for around 700-800, since it's only a side only about 600-700, big price diffrence especially if u put more than 1000 bux into it.

mykroft
08-24-2001, 08:39 AM
I'd go for the Retrovalve, and maybe a Freak kit, and a good 45 frame like the Intelliframe.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

cphilip
08-24-2001, 08:41 AM
I like mykroft's suggestion the best. Only I might add a Warp to that list.

DOZY
08-24-2001, 10:01 AM
u should get either a matrix or an RT pro

------------------
dozy is uh pymp

Plastic_Mercenarie_39
08-24-2001, 10:08 AM
Dude to words "Black Magic" oh and the only thing i dont like about the reg cockers and so does everyone else here IS THE BODY!!! lol i mean its plain and the sto is tight but id spend the extra like $100 dollars for the body of the Black Magic the pictures of it will never to it justice until u hold one in your hands and admire the beauty of that awsome machine!!!!!! Oh and the only reason i say dont go with the RT (by the way i love mags dont get me wrong here i have one) is because it just feels wierd the trigger like thumps your finger forward feel weird...hope this helped...

------------------
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
-Automag-
classic
-Intelliframe-
12" 32° Carbon
16oz Co2
CP lightning DF
Macro Lines
_ _____________________ _
Co2 is King in Florida
-------------------------
Run fast,Slide Low,Shoot Straight
-------------------------
Accuracy Prevails over Speed

Allen
08-24-2001, 11:08 PM
I'm kinda leaning towards the Black Magic, but I would have to hold it to see if I like the 15 degree front ergo regulator (ever seen that word in full?) Getting the vertical feed 'cocker or building my own mag would allow me to hook up my own color scheme, but the Black Magic, and the RT Pro comes black & chrome, and I think those colors look sweet. How does the stock RT preform compared to a stock 'cocker? I (unfortunatly) have never shot anything with a reactive trigger, and I am not shure if I would like something so radically different. However, people said that about constant air.
Golf delay during Craig Kilborn? WHY!
I do like the style of the RT Pro, but does it come in a low rise vertical feed? Would I just be better off getting the ReTro valve and some cosmetic upgrades for my current mag than getting the RT Pro? I've heard (here) that the RT Pro has a crisper feel than the valve Sorry about all these questions, but for this amount of money, I want to be shure about my purchase. I am going to the two local stores tomorrow to repeat most of these questions, but both are relativly anti-mag, but hard to judge about stuff like that. I always get nervous around such a large amount of cool markers!

------------------

shagman69
08-24-2001, 11:34 PM
blackmagik with a pivot trigger

------------------
PAINT-BALLHAiR

68. Automag with PF, 14" aa, 10" dye aluminum, benchmark 45 1x trigger frame with trigger job, SP vertical 4 grip, pmi perfect D/F, Crossfire 51 stinger.

MagMan5446
08-25-2001, 07:04 AM
You should save up the money and get a Sandridge Cocker. I'm not sure how much they are...but they shoot like a dream. The electronic pnuematics eliminate the timing that is usually needed for a regular cocker...also known as a big pain in the *** .

Xugg'420
08-25-2001, 10:27 AM
http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/P&P_Limited/P&P_Limited_header.jpg