PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Automag, check it out!

tysonmachado
11-23-2002, 10:08 AM
Here is the latest piece I have completed, the dragon body sleeve. It is made from a pair of sight rails and designed to slide over the standard mag body.
http://cpc.wox.org/dragon/dragon1.jpg
http://cpc.wox.org/dragon/dragon2.jpg
http://cpc.wox.org/dragon/dragon13.jpg

You can see more pictures here:
http://cpc.wox.org/dragon.html

What do you think?

EsPo
11-23-2002, 10:13 AM
that is friggin awesome!! how much will they cost, can you make them for hl or hr?

Muzikman
11-23-2002, 10:13 AM
That's cool. Can't wait to see what you can do with one of them new Slugo bodies..;)

Kevmaster
11-23-2002, 10:16 AM
thats friggin awsoem!!

Creative Mayhem
11-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Once again Tyson, you have done it again. That's unbelievable! FANTASTIC!

C Mayhem

azzkikr
11-23-2002, 10:54 AM
dude that is supersweet, and needless to say. I want it. great job. later AZZKIKR

Emagster
11-23-2002, 11:00 AM
I WANT ONE....omg...that is fantastically awesome

magman007
11-23-2002, 11:15 AM
thats fantastoriffic! i cant wait to see your sluggo body incarnation, and what you so with an x mag man! its gunna be awesome! good job tyson!

The Frymarker
11-23-2002, 11:19 AM
kudos Tyson, that looks awesome!

Brak
11-23-2002, 11:20 AM
aweosome! i want one of those!

tunaman jr
11-23-2002, 11:26 AM
nice...very nice

EsPo
11-23-2002, 11:35 AM
i replied first i should get one free:D

ShooterJM
11-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Isn't just freaking awesome! When I first saw the pic my jaw dropped! Saphires are going to be mounted in the eyes shortly. I'll take some more pics when they're in.

Also. I can't say enough good things about tyson! Extremely professional, amazing communication! A great experiance dealing with the guy! And Geez! Look at his work! It's gorgeous! Now that's a custom looking mag!:D :D :D :D :D :D

shartley
11-23-2002, 03:02 PM
LOL Now THAT is creative! Good job. Not my style, but I appreciate the skill and time needed to make it. :D

You get a thumbs up from me... http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

InfinatyBPS
11-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Wow, that is realy slick. Thats the kinda thing that almost makes me wish I woulda got a mag instead of a cocker(I said almost:) ) But ya, some kinda jewel type thing in the eyes would look nice, mabe some of that reptile powdercoating that RedRider does(did?) And some of those grip pannels with snakes on them. Then that is like the ultimate looking mag...

Will Wood
11-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Name the price. :D Yes.. Very sweet indeed.

Trench
11-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Ah... True mag lover right there...

Give us some specs on amount of time it took, cost, and such...

And, how possible would it be for you to make more?

56kSomeGuy
11-23-2002, 04:53 PM
WOW that is awesome!:eek: i want one!!!

flatacid
11-23-2002, 05:04 PM
im wondering how you got that design on the body rail. very interesting.

the123
11-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
That's cool. Can't wait to see what you can do with one of them new Slugo bodies..;)

As would I!

RetroEclipseMan
11-23-2002, 08:39 PM
That is so sick man.

FordPrefect
11-23-2002, 09:30 PM
That is REALLY original. What is on the body rail? And how did you get that coloring so detailed, I mean what is it, powdercoating, annos, what?

The dragon theme doesn't appeal to me, but the quality looks just great!

StuDawggie
11-23-2002, 10:49 PM
The Dragon theme, isn't really my thing, but that just looks so sweet.

tysonmachado
11-24-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. The dragon sleeve took me around 20 hours of work, but I think the next one would be a little quicker. I started with a pair of the squarish sight rails. The front one I cut to slide past the powerfeed, then I just carved away at it until I was happy with it.

The sight rails cost $10 each, so $20 in parts. It's not too difficult to cut them to fit. Almost anyone could do it. At $20 for the pair they are cheap enough to experiment with and they are aluminum so they could be annodized.

I charge $60-$140 including parts, this design would be on the high end of that range. Anyone interested should pm or e-mail me so we can discuss details. I don't really like to talk too much about price in the forums.

The body rail and foregrip are pieces I did a while ago. They were annodized black when I got them. I used a ball peen hammer and a punch to create the dimpled surface. Then I sanded and polished them to remove the anno from the raised surface. The black is the anno that was left in the dimples. I don't think I will be doing any more pieces in that manner because I found out how to replicate the hammered look with a Dremel. It is much safer and faster that way. I think I know how to duplicate this finish but I don't have annodizing equipment yet so I can't do it myself.

Devil
11-24-2002, 11:35 AM
This is a beautiful piece of artwork...it I had the $$ I would invest in minutes...but sadly my pocket $$ is dwindling quicker than I can make it...:(

but keep up the awesome, beautiful work man!

ShooterJM
11-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by shartley
LOL Now THAT is creative! Good job. Not my style, but I appreciate the skill and time needed to make it. :D

You get a thumbs up from me...

Yeah, I like it a lot! The thing is, I just told Tyson a vauge idea of what I wanted and he came up with the whole design!

Yeah, dragons aren't many people's thing, but I really wanted something to seperate my mag from everyone else's. After hearing some guy go on for three hours extolling the virtues of his dragon timmy, I figured I'd try to find someone who could give me a real dragon mag, not just some screw on spikes! Tyson's name came up and here we are with a finished product! The mail in my area takes a bit longer then normal, but it should be arriving on monday. I'll be able to get the sapphires in the eyes quickly and snap some pics if I can borrow my works' digital camera.

Badmovies.org
11-24-2002, 01:41 PM
That is pretty cool. It reminds me of the bad guys' laserguns from "Starcrash" though. You would never want to trip and fall on your gun.

Those guns had more spikes than a morning star. Ouch.

magman007
11-24-2002, 01:49 PM
shooter, are you planning to anno it? i mean personally i would, just to get that colored automag everyone wants... it looks slick...

ShooterJM
11-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by magman007
shooter, are you planning to anno it? i mean personally i would, just to get that colored automag everyone wants... it looks slick...

I'm not sure at this point. If I do anything I'm leaning toward plating it actually. I'm leaning toword nickle or copper at this point. I kinda like the idea of a copper plate and a clear coat.

ogre55
11-25-2002, 12:58 PM
A work of art.

'Nuf said.

automan39
11-25-2002, 03:20 PM
whoa thats really awsome

FutureMagOwner
11-25-2002, 08:38 PM
im confused 140 for the dragon thing or dragon and the grip and rail? that is great work and im definantly gunna buy it!

Nomad
11-25-2002, 10:56 PM
DAMN YOU TYSON!! NOW I HAVE ANOTHER WAY TO DUMP CASH INTO MY MAG!!

Oh well, that was sweet ***. When the slug bodies comes out for classics, and when I have the cash, I'm giving you a call. :D

BTAutoMag
11-26-2002, 12:57 PM
i cant see the pics. can someone repost them

Will Wood
11-26-2002, 01:00 PM
His site is down now it looks like just have to wait..

ShooterJM
11-26-2002, 01:04 PM
I actually got it in the mail yesterday so I'll snap some pics of it on my mag. It'll be a few days before the right resin gets here so I can mount the saphires in the eyes though. Actually it probably won't be for a week because I'm leaving town for thanksgiving tomorrow. There are a bunch of pics on tyson's website though.

ShooterJM
12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Decided to get it copper plated. Nice, shiney, and different.

Unfortunately I'm having problems finding a place to get it plated. Especially in any reasonable amount of time. Anyone know a good place? Or has anyone tried those caswell plating kits?

The Frymarker
12-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Oooo like the copper idea! Just remember though that copper does oxidize when expose to a fair amount of moisture and oxygen. You might want to seal it after.

I could see if some where around here will be able to do it. There's a lot of jewelery factories around here.

Let me know.

ShooterJM
12-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to clear coat it so I don't get the old green look.

Yeah if there is someone around there that can do it for a decent price I'd appreciate the info! I'm a bit reticent to do the plating myself. I've nickle plated things before, but it's a bit difficult to get the deposits evenly distributed. Worst case scenario I will though. I'll just have to time it right and dip plate it instead of brush plating.

The Frymarker
12-05-2002, 01:42 PM
Okay shooter let me see what I can do.

What are the dimensions, width, length, thickness.

ShooterJM
12-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Thanks! I'll get the dimensions once I get home from work! I appreciate the help!

The Frymarker
12-05-2002, 02:19 PM
don't thank me yet, I've got to ask around first!!!!

;)

Take care

Maghog
12-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Nice work Tyson, good to see you're still doing stuff, and selling it too.
Keep going man, you're on the right track.
Dan@Triggernomics

Trigger_Happy
12-06-2002, 02:06 AM
I saw a thread back in the day that talked about snake/dragon drop forwards! Can somebody find that? That'd make the whole thing perfect!

[TSS] Dake
01-13-2003, 05:22 PM
perdy.

shartley
01-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Trigger_Happy
I saw a thread back in the day that talked about snake/dragon drop forwards! Can somebody find that? That'd make the whole thing perfect! \
Actually, I don’t think a snake or dragon drop will make it perfect. I think what WOULD be, is a custom drop that looked like the front legs of a dragon with its claws holding the tank/regulator for the tank. :D

cphilip
01-13-2003, 06:22 PM
No comment...period! :D :D :D :cool: (inside joke-nothing more)

shartley
01-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
No comment...period! :D :D :D :cool: (inside joke-nothing more)
LOL

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
01-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Looks really good to me:rolleyes:

ShooterJM
01-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by shartley
\
Actually, I don’t think a snake or dragon drop will make it perfect. I think what WOULD be, is a custom drop that looked like the front legs of a dragon with its claws holding the tank/regulator for the tank. :D

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. But the problem is I can either spend the money to finish my mag, or for the same price pick up an emag. And um....I kinda want an emag. :p