PDA

View Full Version : sweetspot on a Z-Grip

Ryknow
11-23-2002, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone, last night at my local shop's tryouts for their Jr. team, I was using a friend's z-mag and managed to find a "sweet spot" on the trigger (he has a ReTro valve) and it bounced like a RT would...has ne1 else done this? I'm just curious b/c it was like 18 bps. Just wondering if any Ao's have done this...

magman007
11-23-2002, 11:58 AM
im sure people have... and i know on a non z grip there is the vids found here. www.butters.org

Temo Vryce
11-23-2002, 12:10 PM
I haven't personally done this but i have alos used a RT with an Z-Grip. It was realy nice.

tunaman jr
11-23-2002, 12:45 PM
i can do it too.
i would say it is because the internals are broke in

zbody
11-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I could get my zgrip to sweetspot much easier than any of my other frames.

Trench
11-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Hum... Thats sweet...

boomerfoxtrot
11-23-2002, 01:04 PM
yeah.. that's the only thing I DIDN'T really "love" about the Z-Grips...

the only tourny I know, are the small local and "AO Events" that will let you play if your gun sweetspots...

it's great for rec play, and even for the fact that you can show off, but if your playing a serious tourny, you'll get pulled for sweetspoting... that's why the Tippman RTs aren't allowed in tournys.. cause they were built to fire in runway mode...

if I were you, and you are planing on playing tournys... double check everything in your gun... yeah it's great and all to shoot that fast, till you get yanked durning a game.... if not, then I suggest you find a way to fire fast without "sweetspoting" your gun....

8-)

just my 2 cents

Smokee_2_7
11-23-2002, 05:33 PM
Gee, I wonder whoes gun that was. . . . . . .

Yup, Tyler here happend to be playing w/ the gun when everything got broken in just right. Ive been able to shoot insanely fast with the setup, but have never sweetspoted it. All of a sudden, he found it. Wow. that was my first experience w/ a sweetspotting RT. I haven't tried to find it myself yet, though.- - - It was pretty insane, especially b/c the gun didnt miss a beat while shooting paint.

- - - need to get an adjustable air system so I can calm her down for tourney play- - -

here's the setup on the gun:

Crossfire 45/45 prests nitro system.
AGD z-grip
Retrovalve (on/off pin set by agd)
Warp feed- - - modified revolution.
dye stainless barrel.

Here she is:
http://www.xpb.us/Images/zgrip2.jpg

Ryknow
11-23-2002, 11:51 PM
It's my gun Carl!! well...actaully I'm creating "Carl's Z-Mag Jr" but yeah......hey Carl...we have named my gun..."Mini Me" heh, when do you think my drop will be in/ready...if I can have it b4 xmas...I want it more than the standard ASA...lol...but anyway, I'm outta here, later all..oo and Carl one question, how do I put a pic in my sig??!!
EDIT: oooo yeah Carl, I found the sweetspot on your other mag today...then the lvl 10 went pissy on me, but I fixed it (all it needed was some oil and a squeege thru the body)