PDA

View Full Version : spyders can shoot faster than mags

keebler
08-22-2001, 05:38 PM
ok i am sick of hearing this guy i know say his spyder can shoot just as fast, if not faster than my mag. he says his spyder is just as good as a mag and half the price, i say bologne. so could somebody give me the bps the spyder is capable of shooting a second. please.

thanks

pumpamatic
08-22-2001, 05:51 PM
I don't know but the first time i used my mag my friend challenged me to see who could shoot faster me or him with his griffin. We were actually equal, then he picked up my mag and really let em rip.

Major Ho
08-22-2001, 05:53 PM
Does bps reeeeally matter? You just show him whos boss when you take him out 4 seconds into the game and do a victory dance(behind a bunker of course http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif )

keebler
08-22-2001, 05:57 PM
thats what i say is that bps realy doesnt matter, but he says i am just saying that cause mags are slow. somebody has to know this..

XspyX
08-22-2001, 06:03 PM
I doubt it will go higher than 9bps. It will skip shots and sputter after that. I got my old piranha to lock up and cease to fire a few times...he eh.

seekandestroy
08-22-2001, 06:08 PM
how about the one were spyders can be upgraded to the point where they blow all other markers out of the water i hear that one all the time

------------------
essayons

booyah
08-22-2001, 06:10 PM
Both guns are capable of about the same ROF. both a mag and a spyder can outshoot their loaders (minus warp feed). at my site

www.geocities.com/adamscr (http://www.geocities.com/adamscr)

I have a wav file of my mag and a mp3 of my old model 98 the 98 (i was more used to the trigger) was about 10-12 bps the mag is 8-10, i can shoot my mag faster now (and during a short burst i wont chop) but with the right work, spyders, model 98s, piranhas and most anything else can shoot very fast...

-Booyah

Cha0tic
08-22-2001, 06:31 PM
spyders can shoot pretty fast as well as mags. here is a site where a guy is ripping on his stock shutter. www.team-spyder.com (http://www.team-spyder.com) its called the spyder of death.

Avenging_ronin
08-22-2001, 06:44 PM
not my sutoresponse...itfores faster than any spider.

Whisky
08-22-2001, 06:50 PM
Actually it is www.teamspyder.com (http://www.teamspyder.com)
I`ve seen the video, very impressive for a spyder.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

Cha0tic
08-22-2001, 07:11 PM
thank you whiskey

TylerDurden
08-22-2001, 07:20 PM
I'd like to see the EM-1 do 26 bps like the E-Mag.

tysonmachado
08-22-2001, 08:00 PM
I really don't think the point of high end semis such as the automag and autococker is to shoot faster than the mid range semis. Most markers will fire as fast as most people can pull the trigger. The real benefit of high end semis is quality manufacturing. I have played with a few different spyders and every one siezed the first time it broke paint, the space between the bolt and body is large enough for shell to lodge tightly between them. And there was a fifteen foot standard deviation in range due to velocity inconsitency. Even on the Shutter with that stock regulator. My wife's model 98 never breaks down but the accuracy is not any better than the spyder, and it's like a foot long without a barrel or tank!
When you shell out the extra money for the automag you are buying solid engineering and quality craftsmanship. Look at the powerfeed on a mag and notice that they took the time to smooth the weld bead. This does not just look better, any mechanical engineer will tell you it produces a much stronger weld. Next look at the size of the gun. Not just a valve and bolt assembly in a six inch long tube but a regulator as well! Your automag is only six inches longer than the barrel you put on it! Most importantly is precision. The automag uses a far more precise mechanism than the mid range semis providing much more consistent velocity shot to shot. Without a precise gun the player can not make accurate shots. Sure the spyder and automag can both hit a man-sized target in the chest at 50 feet. But go out and find a player who is 50 feet away peeking at you through a two-inch fork in a tree; try hitting that with a spyder.
In short, if you just want to shoot fast buy a tippmann or a pirahna or a spyder. If you want to hit your opponent without blowing thirty rounds buy an automag or 'cocker. If you want to shoot really fast and still be able to aim when you want to buy an e-mag.

Bub3814
08-22-2001, 08:06 PM
who cares about BPS...i played with my pumps for years against semis...and i still won...its not the gun or the bps that makes the player...

Both guns are fast but no gun can recharge as fast as a RT...so end it there...the spyder would sputter and lock up before a RT would...

------------------
~Bub~

"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
-Dizzy Dean

Cha0tic
08-22-2001, 08:11 PM
high ROF is here to stay. that is what sells markers. the big thing about the rt valve is that is can shoot 26 bps until it gets shootdown. thats why people buy it.

magman007
08-22-2001, 08:20 PM
ok first of em1's are stupid fast, they cycle 20 bps, an e-mag olny gts 20 alos, this is b/c of the solenoid plunger and such, the rt and rt pro and retro valve are the fastest cycling systems, the sandridge f5 , rt/ rtpro/retrovalve,e-mag, and the em1 are the fastest cycling guns out there, i believe angels can olny squeeze out 18 bps

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

Nitroduck
08-22-2001, 08:47 PM
Depends on how he says "Spyders can shoot just as fast" .

Technically, a Spyder can do 11-13bps max because of internals limiting it.

A Automag does 22bps max (or it has been tested to that atleast).

However, a person pulling the trigger can be different.

I can do 11-12bps on my mag, and could do probabally the same on a spyder. However, if it was a in-game ROF (no trigger tricks, just pulling trigger) the mag would whomp it hands down.

FYI, a Angel does 23bps with a datalink cable. And the solenoid (the 14 way valve) does 220bps..........Its all a matter of what the shooter can actually pull.

Technically a Emag would be the fastest current electronic gun because ingame it can go RT/manual @ 26bps and still be classified as electronic.

[This message has been edited by Nitroduck (edited 08-22-2001).]

PsychoMag
08-22-2001, 09:37 PM
I think a conventional spyder can run off 12bps, but an EM-1 can cycle amazingly at 19bps

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

Bub3814
08-22-2001, 10:30 PM
The fastest finger I have ever seen...shot 14 or 15 bps, I forgot...with mag RT...no one is going to shoot 26 balls a sec, or above 15 for that matter...and if you can your extremely fast...this thread is becoming a flame of non-sense...and needs a voice of reason...

my 2 cents

------------------
~Bub~

-Dizzy Dean

Ni cD
08-22-2001, 10:36 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bub3814:
...this thread is becoming a flame of non-sense...and needs a voice of reason...</font>

I'VE GOT SOMETHIN' TO SAY!!! http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

I think stock 'Mags and stock Spyders fire at about the same ROF. By the way, I have seen a Spyder with a Booyaah grip do a full 15 CPS - didn't lock up or anything.

mykroft
08-23-2001, 09:36 AM
I've seen a Spyder SE w/ELCD cycle at 15bps (about 6 shots before chopping, really needs a warp) over a crony, don't forget the Angel, BM2K and EM-1 are basicly modified blow-backs. the main advantage of a Mag or Cocker, is better quality, and somwhat better out-of-box performance.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

KayleAGD
08-23-2001, 10:07 AM
Always remember the difference between balls per second and cycles per second. Also if the gun can maintain velocity at those rates.

------------------
"It's my buddies gun"
"I just bought it"
"It came that way"
"I borrowed it "
I HAVE HEARD THEM ALL, SO BE ORIGIONAL !!!

Webmaster
08-23-2001, 10:45 AM
Keebler - I dont know who you keep talking to - but you need to find some less combatitive people to talk with... yeesh...

------------------
Webmaster - AutoMags.Org
webmaster@automags.org
----------------------
"Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

RoadDawg
08-23-2001, 09:36 PM
I tested this today. I had my friend with my boo-yaah ELCD Shutter, vs my Micromag ReTroValve. With the boo-yaah grip the spyder kept up with me. Semi, full auto. just not burst. burst it blew me away. Full auto at 9 bps was as fast as we could get it to go before it went to chop city. Draw back was we didn't have a Revvy or any other type of agitating hopper. To low on cash at the moment. Anyways... With a normal hopper they are basically forced to fire the same rate cause the balls don't fall all that quick in a normal VL 200 hopper. None the less with a motorized hopper I think they would stay pretty close to the same. If anyone has 2 extra revvy's they could send me I would appreciate it http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif j/k. Well kinda. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Maybe someday I will get one and so will my friend and we will put them both to the ultimate test.

pbtaz
08-24-2001, 06:16 AM
Last night I took my four year old outside in the backyard and I figured that he could throw about 3 balls a second. Up to nine if he threw them a handfull at a time.

StevoC
08-24-2001, 09:02 AM
After watching the video from team-spyder (link posted by Whiskey above here), I have come to this conclusion....which I'm sure all of you would agree.

If an automag was set up the same as that spyder, the spyder would win hands down....mostly because it was using C02. A mag would have frozen quickly with that setup. using HPA, that may be a different story. But llok at all of the gas coming out of the spyder during that clip. That thing got pretty cold and kept going.

Just my 2 cents

Paintballer86
08-24-2001, 02:31 PM
Ok. In the first part of the clip, you see the guy firing the shutter. You can see the whole gun. I was not impressed by this, b/c I can do this on my TL+ by fluttering the trigger. In the second one, I was REALLY impressed, but I noticed he showed the gun, and than went off screen for a second, and than you see the barrel come out of no where and do this mad ROF. He could have easily had 2 diffrent aftermarket barrels on 2 diffrent guns and switched guns. His first clip wasnt nearly as fast as the second one.

------------------
If you run, you will only be marked tired
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/image001.gif

PAINTBALLA01
08-24-2001, 02:43 PM
hey my friend says his spyder will shoot faster than his mag he has both and he is selling his mag to further upgrade his spyder. i dont know what is wrong with him. it might be the fact the he is in 7th grade and he smokes

------------------
68 classic
INTELLIFRAME
blue warp
9 vlt revy
aci gas through foregrip
microlines
13"armson stealth
12" sp progressive
68 stub tank
tko drop foward

Hasty8
08-24-2001, 02:48 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keebler:
thats what i say is that bps realy doesnt matter, but he says i am just saying that cause mags are slow. somebody has to know this..</font>

Keebler. Tell you what you should do. Get your game REALLY good and keep tagging him. After his sitting on the sidelines a few times he'll shut up.

MarkedClown
08-24-2001, 02:57 PM
hmm smokes in the seventh grade... That's pretty sad i dont think he'll make is past 40.

MinimagRockin'
08-24-2001, 03:25 PM
That all depends on how long and how much he smokes...anyway go up to any paintballer and ask them whether they would like to use a mag or a spyder in the next game and I think you'll have your answer...

Bub3814
08-24-2001, 07:14 PM
well what I would like 2 know is what he is smokin' http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
~Bub~

-Dizzy Dean

LittMag
08-24-2001, 10:44 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pbtaz:
Last night I took my four year old outside in the backyard and I figured that he could throw about 3 balls a second. Up to nine if he threw them a handfull at a time.</font>

hahahahahaha... =P http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
The best secrets in life are kept right out in the open.

Automag cf011**
Minimag mm020** w/
Splashed Blue Barrel, Sight, and Rail

nastymag
08-24-2001, 11:06 PM
hey you guys i think on a mechianical trigger the spyder can only top of at 8 i read this on a lot of magazines even kingman accpects this.on elctro trigger i think its 15 bps. one thing is a mag with a good 2x trigger like a dye or a AGD intelli you can beat any spyder without elctro hands down. now this is not fanning whitch i dont think is a good thing to do. remember this is with out electro

MagMan5446
08-25-2001, 09:36 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MarkedClown:
hmm smokes in the seventh grade... That's pretty sad i dont think he'll make is past 40.</font>

I know 3 people that are addicted to cocaine. They just left 6th grade.

I also know people that have been smoking since 3rd grade.

All of them will probably eventually OD and die.

keebler
08-25-2001, 12:04 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nastymag:
hey you guys i think on a mechianical trigger the spyder can only top of at 8 i read this on a lot of magazines even kingman accpects this.on elctro trigger i think its 15 bps. one thing is a mag with a good 2x trigger like a dye or a AGD intelli you can beat any spyder without elctro hands down. now this is not fanning whitch i dont think is a good thing to do. remember this is with out electro</font>

yeah, but what about that vidoe at www.teamspyder.com (http://www.teamspyder.com) that spyder is screaming. that has to be more than 8bps.

Mr.E Mag Man
08-25-2001, 03:19 PM
What you have to realize, guys.. is that the RT was tested at 26 bps, no shootdown, yada yada yada..

But what limits a traditional valve and hammer design (spyder, angel, cocker)?
Two things: Air pressure recharge rate (shootdown, if the recharge rate is not fast enough), and cyclic speed (the amount of time it takes the parts to cycle, slowed down by friction, air resistance, the amount of time it takes air to flow through the solenoid or push the hammer back).

So, theoretically, if you got the air source that fed the Automag RT doing 26, feeding say a spyder, and the internals were polished enough to do that speed, the spyder could undoubtedly do 26 cycles per sec..

Now, I know the spyder can cycle at least 20+ cycles per second.. Try holding the sear in the up position on a spyder, and let that sucker cycle for all it's worth.. Let me just tell you, when I tried that while holding it in my hand, my hand was numb because it was vibrating so fast from the shots. Only one ball came out, the one that was in the breach. The bolt/hammer assembly was moving so fast that even the weight/pressure from a 20 ball stack couldn't push a ball fast enough into the breach to even chop the ball, much less feed completely into the breach.
I tried recording the spyder cycling freely, but even analyzing it frame by frame at 60 fps (frames per second, not feed per second), it was blurred.. I counted 21 confirmed cycles that I could see in the frames. There were more, but they were so blurred that I couldn't definitively count them.

Blah Blah, I know it's different from shooting semi-auto, and how fast people can pull the trigger and so on and so forth, and I know this is kind of a side-track, but I'm just addressing the capability issue.