PDA

View Full Version : great lvl 10 deal!!!

yeahthatsme
11-23-2002, 08:20 PM
paintballgear.com has lvl 10 kits for 68.90. their out of stock right now but they will probably get more soon, thats an amazingly good price.

yeahthatsme
11-23-2002, 08:27 PM
wait, i just realized it could be a typo and they might have just reversed the 6and 8. lets hope not though:D

FordPrefect
11-23-2002, 08:30 PM
snakestang, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Some manufactures have the policy that retailers can't sell under the MSRP, but most don't. And it isn't a law or anything that you have to sell at the MSRP. It is just a suggested price.

Spray Painter
11-23-2002, 08:45 PM
yathatsme- it's not a typo. it went from 85 at the begining of the week to 75 on wendsday to 68 yersterday
(i been christmas shopping/dreaming this last week :D )

yeahthatsme
11-23-2002, 08:47 PM
i'm ordering one right now. even if their not in stock its worth the wait!!!!!

Spray Painter
11-23-2002, 08:51 PM
so am i(really soon):)

FordPrefect
11-23-2002, 09:13 PM
snakestang, I wasn't saying that you're wrong that AGD and Action Village have an agreement, for I have no idea on if they do or not. I'm going to have to take your word for it.

I'm saying that you're wrong in saying "Manufacturers have set prices for products that retailers are allowed to sell". In general, retailers can sell the products as low as they want to. Otherwise, there couldn't be a sale on a product.

OldSchoolMag
11-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Personally, I agree with FordPerfect, and then some - paintballgear.com sells Automag Classics for the respectable price of $219.00, while AGD sells them online for the MSRP (I assume, for obvious reasons) of $245.00. Now, unless they only have this "agreement" on the Level 10 (which doesn't make much sense, but I'll go with it for a second), I've never heard of that kind of thing, and have only heard Tom Kaye say other wise.

I recall, and will post quotes later, TK saying that he sold at the MSRP and that other stores sold BELOW the MSRP so that the manufacter could get his product around. So if he's not the only one selling it, and other people are selling it in more places (and be honest, Tom's making more money than if he just set up a little lemonade stand on the corner with "Level 10 Here" written in backwards letters) but for cheaper, encouraging more people to buy his product!

OSM

OldSchoolMag
11-23-2002, 10:05 PM
Got bored:D :D :D ...

Kevmaster
11-23-2002, 10:06 PM
yeh, snake

i dont know the specifics of AGD's dealer contracts. howver, i do have a lot of experience with pb contracts such as this.

lets suppose that AGD has three prices: wholesale, lowest advertised and MSRP. in a typical contract with AGD you are suggested to sell at the MSRP and are not allowed to sell below the lowest advertised. if AGD were to catch you selling below the LA, tey wuld revoke the dealership

however, most stores can get around this because of places like National PB and Paintball Inc. they sell to us dealers at the same price that AGD sells to us(they get distributor pricing--thats their profit). however NPS and PI dont have a lowest advertised, so we are free to sell it at $0.01 above that cost from PI or NPS if we wanted to.

thats probbly what PaintballGear.com is doing, either that or AGD doesnt have a LA price.

hope tat is coherant

Tunaman
11-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Actually what they are doing is taking preorders to see what the interest in the product is. Only a retarded, dumb businessman would reduce the price of a level 10 to this low, at this time. They probably dont realize(maybe they do) that they are cutting the throats of all the smaller dealers out there. Dealers take note! Do this with 32 Degrees stuff! Not AGD stuff. In order to compete, I have to lower my prices and that stinks. So I hereby state that if this price is correct, email me for a lower price. Frig them. You get tired of the stupidity...:mad: Its a Dog eat Dog world out there, so here is to you Paintball Gear..WOOF WOOF!:mad:

Kevmaster
11-23-2002, 11:24 PM
Tuna--

Trust me, PBGear knows they are killing the small fields...i havnt sold an angel in th epast two years at my field(ok, weve sold 1 to a non employee)...we used to sell high end guns almost weekly before this internet revolution
**edit** oh yeh, and the reason? PBGear sells them at a price that is BELOW my Level 4(Best price) Dealer cost. yeh, its bullcrap **/edit**

oh well...they know whats up, but they can make enough money selling at only a small amount over cost

hardr0ck68
11-24-2002, 01:21 PM
hey Tuna, I have met you I enjoy hanging out with you, you helped me out at LI...so you are the first place I look when I need something. To me your prices are more than fair, and I would be willing to spend the extra buck. I try to support local shops as much as I can, I am sponcered by one in my area so I try to buy alot of stuff from them also. I like to know who my money is helping to support, that is why I buy from local stores and that is why I wont buy brass eagle or smart parts (anymore).

::Edited for spelling, I think I got them all::

Xerces
11-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price

yeahthatsme
11-24-2002, 03:58 PM
i seriously suggest talking to tunaman about anything you want to get, he is very helpful and will make sure you get what you need, i am sorry if posting this undercut your business tunaman.

TheJester
11-24-2002, 09:52 PM
paintball wizard has them for 80, and in terms of MSRP, i don't know, but if you ask me, no matter what the retailer has to buy them, so AGD is getting the money befor they're even sold, the retailer can sell them for what ever they want, now if they're gonna make a/how much profit or not is up to the retailer

joeyjoe367
11-24-2002, 10:10 PM
Well, There's capitalism for ya. I guess it ends up sucking for SOMEONE in the long run.

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 12:06 AM
see the problem is that when big internet stores who buy cockers by the hundred(yes, they buy them in shipments of 100 at a time from WGP) sell items at prices so low the local stores cant comepte, local stores go out of business. when local stores go out of business, fields close....

i have been a long proponent of a Lowest Advertised pricing system, however, to date i know of MacDev and CenterFlag that actually enforce this rule......

adam shannon
11-25-2002, 12:25 AM
From my understanding of how the big grocery stores and the likes of walmart work...they may discount one tiem and advertise it in their flyers, but they make up for it by selling you other items at the same time at a good profit margin. action village may be doing this....they will sell you a marker for sheap....but they get you on the shipping, and pods, packs, goggles, and all the other sundry items. it doesnt work with savvy buyers that just buy the super discount items...but a newbie's mom doing the xmas shopping is gonna break close to even. i try to support my local shop and field...but its hard when you can get everything they have cheaper and on your doorstep in less than a week...especially since my local shop takes months to get items i want to buy in stock. the online shops are killing the local guys...and since most local shops run all the local fields, its sad where the sport for rec players is going. in my area weve lost 3 fields in the last couple months. getting spanked on retail sales couldnt have been good for those shops.

prodiGyBNTY
11-25-2002, 11:29 AM
snakestang, you are wrong, sorry! setting minimum prices is call Price Fixing, and has been deemed ILLEGAL in this country. Setting MAXIMUM pricing can be done, but is subject to litigation.

So, if AGD wants to keep it a competitive market, they will sell to ALL retailers/resellers the products at the same price, then it becomes "set your margin and run your risks" kind of market. But if one retailer buys better than another, oh well! They can sell it for less than another buys it for if they wish. It's their loss of margin. In that case, If i bought for more than someone sold for, even another retailer, screw buying from Manu, buy from where it's cheaper, but still dont expect the kind of turnout the other retailer has. If you dont believe me, do a quick search on "Price Fixing"

warpfeedmod
11-25-2002, 11:36 AM
I tend to agree with Prod, seems that there's nothing against them selling it for less then the manuf. I've seen plenty of places do this in the past, and not just with paintball stuff, computer parts, etc. It's always done that way. And unfortunately the "little guy" always gets screwed in the end because he/she ends up losing customers to the big "dot coms" who can purchase alot for a little, and sell at a low price.

prodiGyBNTY
11-25-2002, 11:39 AM
It's called a free market. Thats why .coms did so well. Low overhead. As far as selling so low and making it up elsewhere, that is a very typical tactic in the open market. Thats called Loss Leading. Lead off a sale with something everyone else wants, at a LOSS, because the add-on sales will make your margin up.

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 05:01 PM
well, if its illegal to set minimum prices on items that dealer can sell at, you might wnt to file a complaint with the FTC and DoJ against CenterFlag and MacDev :rolleyes:

CRog075
11-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Snake wtf, why you worrying to much that they are selling at a low price? I think people would be happy that its alot cheaper, buy you keep saying its against the rules and like you want it to be full price :rolleyes:

pbmanic
11-25-2002, 09:12 PM
they are selling them for what, 68 dollers. go to adg and you can buy them for 60 if you trade in your old superbolt. you can buy these bolts for $10 on these forums. so i dont see why you think its so low bc you can get them for almost the exact same price when you add up everything

snakestang
11-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Forget I was ever in this post. I have given up all hope of explaining myself.

I do not come here to argue. I come here to help. If I want to argue I will get off my butt and go in the other room with my wife.

pbmanic
11-25-2002, 09:44 PM
i understand what your saying. if your refering to me, i dont want to argue. i see the problem of these places selling stuff for so low. it does suck for all those who own small buisnesses.

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 09:48 PM
snake, i understand what you are saying. i am the manager of a PB field...i uderstand DEEPLY what you are compaling about