PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 probs that are not norm

pimped mag 01
11-23-2002, 11:36 PM
my friend has a mag with a retro valve, air america apoc tank with 850psi output pressure and lvl 10.

the prob is he can't get the bolt to recock with the midspring,1.0 carrier,and he's gone up from no shims to 5 shims and it still doesn't recock,he also turned up the velocity like he's suppose to,and hes thinkin also to call up AGD cause it seems like the o-ring is wearing in too fast,he went from the 2.0-1.0 carrier in like 2.5 tanks of air and it started out not leaking on the 2.0 carrier. it'll vent on the short spring,but when it hits your finger with 1.0 carrier and 1 shim but it's not nearly as fast as it should be joeyjoe from AO was at the field and was trying to get it to work and nothing we did worked

thanks to those who reply u guys at ao r really the best

:) !
V

my gun

BlackVCG
11-24-2002, 05:14 AM
Are you tightening the field strip screw with an allen wrench? If so, then only hand tighten it and that should make the problem go away.

RetroEclipseMan
11-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks pimped mag for posting this for me. Just didn't have time last night to get it up here. Yeah I always tighten the field strip screw by hand.Joeyjoe and I have no idea what the heck is going on. Have tried to tune it with everyspring and just can get it to work. It seemed to work ok with 1.5 carrier, med. spring, and 1 shim but after a few hundrend shots the carrier would start to leak so we'd drop down to 1.0 carrier and then no matter how many shims we tried couldn't get it to recock right. It would either take a long time to vent and then recock or not vent at all.

joeyjoe367
11-24-2002, 05:38 PM
Yes, this level 10 has me absolutly baffled. I've installed lvl 10 on 3 guns already, and THIS one, I just can't seem to get right.

When we get it Firing, it'll work OK, but if it is blocked by something (paint or finger) it'll lock up, and get massive bolt-stick.

Sometimes it'll reset, but REALLY slowly.

BlackVCG, not using an allen wrench to tighten the field-strip screw.

RetroEclipseMan
11-24-2002, 08:43 PM
I think that I'm just gonna give the guys at AGD a call and see if they can figure it out.

Havoc_online
11-25-2002, 04:51 AM
When we get it Firing, it'll work OK, but if it is blocked by something (paint or finger) it'll lock up, and get massive bolt-stick. your bolt stem may be off then. got any calipers-should measure 2.010"?

joeyjoe367
11-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Bolt Stem? Would you care to enlighten me?

Havoc_online
11-25-2002, 01:03 PM
The stem on the bolt that the o'ring grabs on. The bolt is not one piece, it is two. The stem is where the bleed hole is that lets the pressure out when you stop the bolt on a ball or your finger. If the stem shifts or is in the wrong place, the bolt will just vent or it wont vent at all.

joeyjoe367
11-25-2002, 01:17 PM
Oh, ok. So from the front of the bolt, to the end of the stem should be 2.010?

I have some calipers... RetroEclipseman, we should meet up sometime and check that out.

RetroEclipseMan
11-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Yeah, we'll have to meet up then and check it out. How about wednsday? One other quick question for ya Havoc. So if the stem isn't 2.010" then what would have to be done? I'm guessing that i would need a new bolt since isn't the stem and bolt one piece now? Let me know man.

Havoc_online
11-26-2002, 12:21 AM
you could fix that one. If it's too long you could take it out, scrape off all the old glue around the top of the stem and inside of the bolt. use RED loctite to get it back on the right length. take off any excess glue. give the bolt proper time to cure and all.

joeyjoe367
11-26-2002, 01:54 AM
Meh, sounds like too much of a hassle, and you could screw up again.

What would you use to take off the stem anyway?

I think you're better off having AGD send you a new bolt.

RetroEclipseMan
11-26-2002, 09:58 PM
Yeah, that seems quite a bit of hastle. We'll get it measured tomarrow and see what's up and then i'll give AGD a call I guess. Thanks for your help Havoc.

Havoc_online
11-26-2002, 10:46 PM
np pm me if it's off.

IcantBelieveit
11-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Do you have an Electro Trigger? Like the Boo-Yah or somethign? b/c i know a guy tryin to put the LX in a buddies gun and we will get it all setup up, and it will not shoot BUT if we take it and put the valve and bolt on my gun, it shoots flawlessly, Somthing in the electro trigger assembly

RetroEclipseMan
11-27-2002, 01:36 AM
nope, running an inteli-frame on it. I'll let you know tomarrow Havoc when I get a chance to check it.

joeyjoe367
11-27-2002, 07:23 PM
Measured that bolt

2.015-2.018.

My calipers aren't the best, but they're accurate enough to tell us that they're off. The measurements varied a bit depending on how hard I pressed on the calipers. I believe 2.015 is the most accurate one.

Looks like you need a new bolt brandon.

RetroEclipseMan
11-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Yeah I guess I will. I won't be able to give AGD a call till either Friday or Monday. I doubt they'll be open on Friday since Thanksgiving is Thursday.