PDA

View Full Version : Impulse or Bushy

MikePotter
11-24-2002, 12:39 AM
I was wondering what everyone knows about the impulse and how it compares to the bushmaster. DOes it have an adjustable trigger pull, and is it a pain to mantain?

AcemanPB
11-24-2002, 09:42 AM
The stock impulse doesn't have an adustable trigger, but you can purchase an adjustable trigger for just 20-30 bucks and those are fully adjustable.

Impulses aren't that hard to maintain, but you do have to grease up the bolt and all with shocker lube after every day of play. Other than that there is really nothing to it.

As far as performance goes I think they are pretty much identical. I have alot of experience with impulses, but not too much with bushys but from what i've seen they are pretty much the same. The only advantage I can think an Impulse has over a bushy is the vision eye, but now the new bushys have that PDS thing so I don't know.

Jonno06
11-24-2002, 11:31 AM
the bushys come with an adjustable trigger,an exellent reg,switches to change ur mode of fire(semi,full auto,or burst)

i like the bushys better...the imp trigger seems longer,and somewhat sloppy,while the bushy trigger is so short and sweet.

bushys also look better imo

fearc7
11-24-2002, 12:34 PM
ya i think bushies look way better!:rolleyes:

FeuerFri
11-24-2002, 01:47 PM
i dont know much bout bushys besides i almost bought one but got an imp instead. my imp is fantastic though, with the magnetic blade trigger, the pull super fast and snappy, and has like 6 adjustable points so it is nice, and was only 25bucks. and if you are wondering, the vision is not needed if you buy a force feed hopper like an evoII, so save yourself 100bucks on that. and i dunno, the impy looks real nice imo, plus you can buy a body kit for them soon if you realy dont like it.

magman007
11-24-2002, 01:59 PM
go for the bushie, i believe their lighter... Personally i like the bushie much more... new hot mill patterns (search for dirty bunny's old one) the pds... new barrel systems etc etc... There really nice... vapor mods etc..

Ov3rmind
11-24-2002, 04:23 PM
I personally think, that between the lower level Bushys and Imps, the Bushys win. They're lighter, smaller, more visually appealing, and have better triggers. However, between the $850+ Imps and Bushys, the Imps win. I doubt any Bushy can touch the performance of an AI.

speedyejl
11-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Impulse (please note that I have owned a Bushmaster)
This is why, a Stock Impulse is about $30 less than a Bushmaster. With that you can buy a TapeWorm and an Adjustable trigger. Also the Max Flow is a better reg compared to the 2K3 Regs on Bushies. When you compare it to even earlier generations its much better. I would recomened getting an aftermarket Imp they are an awsome value and very nice.

MikePotter
11-27-2002, 11:56 AM
What threads do bushies and impulses have, and is the eye nessasary?

cris8762
11-27-2002, 12:50 PM
i dont think that the vision eye is necessary on a impulse, i had just a plain 12v revvy for 3 months b4 i bought a halo a, and a upgraded revvy to use, and the plain 12v worked fine

i did have to turn down my ROF a bit (there is a pot of the board that you adjust to change the rof) but it still shot super fast, and was very consistent, i'm getting a variation of about 3-5 fps difference btwn. shots on my imp right now, and when i get my LPR for x-mas i'll be getting like 2-3 fps difference btwn. shots!!

TRIAD
11-27-2002, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't get either one, I'd go with a 'mag. Reliable, fast with retro and intelli, no chops with Level 10. What more could you ask for?

EsPo
11-27-2002, 02:43 PM
dude, look at the 2k3 bushys, they are sooo hot, with PDS you prolly wont chop either..

AutoMaggot
11-27-2002, 03:04 PM
an exellent reg

Im sorry, but you can't compare ICDs regulator to the Max Flow... dont even go there! ;)

As for which gun is superior, I would hands down take an Impulse over anything made by ICD. The quality control that I've seen has been MUCH better from Smart Parts. A nicely tuned Impulse will run circles around a bushmaster... the annodizing is better, the internals are much easier to deal with, and the upgrades are incredibly simple.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Bushmasters, and my old team mate said the only Bushies at the 'Cup were the ones that were all fried and busted getting worked on.

AcemanPB
11-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by AutoMaggot

I would hands down take an Impulse over anything made by ICD. The quality control that I've seen has been MUCH better from Smart Parts. A nicely tuned Impulse will run circles around a bushmaster...

My field is mostly run by Impulses and bushmasters and I have to say the Bushmasters have no problem keeping up with the impulses. Usually it's the Impulse that has the catching up to do. Also I have seen some NEW smart parts equipment that was made rather poorly. Like when my friends order some tapeworms and 2 out of 3 were messed up. (the hole for the air to go through wasn't milled)

But over I really think both guns perform indenticly

magnj
11-27-2002, 07:27 PM
ok A few more questions, I hear impys are chopper without vision, Should I realy not get one or should I go out and spend the money just t be safe, I want it to be as fast as possible?

Are the vert reg maxis any worse performance wise? I know they are hard to hold but i hold my drop?

Whats the best vale Vision impy?

magstevo
11-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by magnj
ok A few more questions, I hear impys are chopper without vision, Should I realy not get one or should I go out and spend the money just t be safe, I want it to be as fast as possible?

Are the vert reg maxis any worse performance wise? I know they are hard to hold but i hold my drop?

Whats the best vale Vision impy?

Impy's are not choppers without vision.:D Mine works fine with a Halo B on top. U should spend the money to buy an Impy. Hasn't let me down!!!:)

magnj
11-27-2002, 08:39 PM
I have an x board revvy, will it be ok?

magstevo
11-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Oh Yea!!!

magnj
11-27-2002, 08:51 PM
now Im realy tempted, I could get a nice imp for that price, what do you suggest, Ive been looking at nasties and rats
i want to spend 7 ish

magstevo
11-27-2002, 08:54 PM
cool place to buy impys (http://www.e-paintballoutlet.com/)

Here U go!!!

Go w/ the rat!!:D

Nitroduck
11-27-2002, 09:03 PM
I'd sugguest the Bushmaster 2003.......

For under $600, your gonna get the same or more preformance than most aftermarket Impulses. You get a LPR, awesome gripframe, delrin bolt, 2 piece barrel, PDS (anti chop eye), 36bps board, and all the other goodies..All at a price comparable to a stock Vision Impulse.

A nicely tuned Bushmaster will run circles around the Impulses, I have yet to see any Impulses get 3000 shots per 88/45...

I've owned enough Smart Parts products to know never to buy anything else than a Freak kit...I've been impressed with everything ICD has done to the Bm2ks, on my team, we shoot all kinds of Bm2ks, the old 1st generations, a 5th gen, and my Sonic Bm2k (as well as Angels, Mags and Cockers), never had a single problem with any of them. My Sonic has yet to chop in a game as well as the guy w/ the 1st generation Bushmaster, only time the guy w/ the 5th gen chopped was because he was shooting too fast for his hopper.

The Bm2k is faster, lighter, doesn't need a single upgrade stock, why wouldn't you want one?

magnj
11-27-2002, 09:12 PM
hmmmm, hmmmmm, Im realy liking impys...

magstevo
11-27-2002, 09:29 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/6f26bbee/bc/My+Photos/impy.jpg?BC7IY59AJ6pc_iJv
Old pic!!! It now has a HALO B and 68/4500 on it!!!:D

TRIAD
11-27-2002, 09:43 PM
Bud, if you're going to spend 700, you could get a VERY nice ReTro 'mag setup. You could easily get Level 10, intelliframe, etc. That is DEFINITELY what I'd go with. Either that or an RTP, most of which don't really have chopping probelms and thus don't require level 10. That is THE way to go.
EDIT: JERK! ;)

jah871
11-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by TRIAD
Bud, if you're going to spend 700, you could get a VERY nice ReTro 'mag setup. You could easily get Level 10, intelliframe, level 10, etc. That is DEFINITELY what I'd go with. Either that or an RTP, most of which don't really have chopping probelms and thus don't require level 10. That is THE way to go.

yah you could always use 2 level 10's.:) :p :p

Spray Painter
11-27-2002, 10:10 PM
just thought i'd share this vid. this isn't mine, it's someone elses here on AO. it's a bushmaster with warp feed:

-edit-stupid 56k won't it load off my harddrive. i'll find the link

Spray Painter
11-27-2002, 10:42 PM
this is what he said:
"That video is me dumping a full loader from my warped slightly modded bushy in SEMI AUTO with NO Breaks."

here's (http://www.paintballtrader.com/warp1.mpg)the vid

magnj
11-28-2002, 08:08 AM
i already have a retro mag, I want to go electro, I dont know though, ive hadso many problems with mine. But it finaly works so ill try it out this weekend

Mr. T!
11-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Out of the box, imps need a couple of upgrades, 1. Tpaeworm-no bolt stick 2. LPR-No bolt stick, smoother gun cycle 3.Adjustable trigger- Better trigger pull 4. Dlerin bolt- Smoother cycle

Out of the box, bushies have 1. LPR 2. Adj. Trigger 3.delrin bolt 4. 2 piece barrel 5. Diff modes of fire.

The bushy is lighter, faster, not as tall or wide, and better grip frame (Their new 90* grip frame with adj. trigger and pivot points.

MikePotter
11-28-2002, 08:21 PM
No more mags for me, i have had 2 and they have both sucked, i am only still on the forum because there are alot of people here.

TRIAD
11-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Intelligent comment there bud. That was not a very nice thing to say on the 'mag boards, and it was also completely wrong.