PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro and Angel Air

minion450
11-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the Angel Air working on the RT Pro. My gun seems to work fine with my Raptor Rex but when i tried my AIR it would just leak down the bolt. It would start leaking when i would get the output pressure at about 200 psi I have my raptor set at 800 and it works. So this is very wierd.

Butterfingers
11-24-2002, 03:43 AM
You need a quick burst of air into the RT valve to seat the 0-rings. If you turn the AIR on too slow there will not be enough pressure to seal the RT valve.

Contrary to other guns the RT likes its gas up Fast, Hard and Rough.

toymyster
11-24-2002, 08:14 AM
Indeed, they like it when you talk dirty to them, too!!! lol!!!

minion450
11-24-2002, 11:48 AM
thanks guys, that makes sense. also do you think its even worth it to use my raptor rex on it. I think i am getting shoot down when i fire fast, or could i be short stroking it. I have never fired a mag before so this is new to me.

RetroEclipseMan
11-24-2002, 02:07 PM
Also another thing to solve that problem is to hold the trigger down while gassing it up.

Butterfingers
11-24-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by minion450
thanks guys, that makes sense. also do you think its even worth it to use my raptor rex on it. I think i am getting shoot down when i fire fast, or could i be short stroking it. I have never fired a mag before so this is new to me.

your kidding right?

www.butters.org

All vids done with a Raptor Rex.

doughboy
11-24-2002, 10:35 PM
another solutiont is to use a proconnect that way you can gas up the lines and hook it up when at full pressure.

minion450
11-25-2002, 12:01 AM
well if those are done with a raptor rex i must be short stroking it then because i am definatly getting shoot down if i try to fire fast. but if i pull normal as fast as i can its fine. I just thought i was shooting faster so it was starving for air and i know the RT valve couldn't be starving because there was no way i was shooting 26 bps.

Xzion
11-25-2002, 12:24 AM
if I understand you correctly, you have tha Angel AIR output pressure set to 200 PSI? if so, thats probably the problem. 'mags tend to like around 700 PSI input pressure, as the valve regulates it down to about 400. you might want to try putting the output pressure of the tank at least over 400 PSI, not sure how well it will work as ive never tried it in the 500ish range.

Otherwise, not giving it a quick burst of air might be your problem, as stated earlier. hope this gives you another alternative to whats going wrong.

minion450
11-25-2002, 12:30 AM
no thats not it :) Butterfingers figured it out. it needs the quick burst of air. I would have my angel air connected and start turning up the gas and when i got to about 200 it wouls start leaking so i realy couldn't get higher. But right now i am using a raptor rex which the pro shop set it for me at 800 psi. And again butterfingers told me, or showed me threw the vids on his site, that the raptor rex is fully capable of handling the high rate of fire of this gun. So i am concluding that its just my newbie-ness on a mag that i must be short stroking it and so its not firing right so i was getting shoot down. just need to play with it some more