PDA

View Full Version : i just dont understand???

code 1033
11-24-2002, 09:51 AM
i am expecting my brand new minimag any day now. (i upgraded from a 98c) my main issue is DISTANCE !!! alot of the guys i play with at my local fied shoot angels and autocockers that can shoot through a hole in the fence at 40 yards away!! this just blows my mind as i am walking off the field wondering why i cant even lob a ball that far!!! why is this?? is it there freaks, hpa, certain upgrades...???? i am definatly running hpa on my new mini but dont know if the freak is worth the money, if it is not as affective on mags. can someone explain this?!?!?!?!

Skeetmaster
11-24-2002, 10:02 AM
Hi.
What gun are we talking about, that cant lob 40ft?
It sounds like the velocity wants winding up a bit.
Gaz

spazzed
11-24-2002, 11:23 AM
I don't have time to go into the spiel, but in the shortened condensed form, you my friend, have fallen for they hype ;)

Davinci
11-24-2002, 11:27 AM
I don't think it's the gun, It's probably the player j/k. I play with code 1033, we are running are markers at legal velocity level 280 - 290's but don't seem to have the same accuracy at distance that the other players mentioned above do. His 98c would fire nearly the same distances but just not with the same oomph and pinpoint style accuracy. So I believe he is looking for ACCURACY.

sniper1rfa
11-24-2002, 12:32 PM
bah, good barrel will fix that right up

Kevmaster
11-24-2002, 12:55 PM
ill go into a condenced version of the anti-hype speach

there is NO paintball marker that will shoot a ball further than any other paintball marker if they are both at the same velocity...sorry, thats Physics. Can't dodge Newton just for paintball

now, accuracy, thats another ball game...acording to my man Bud Orr "90% of accuracy and velocity fluctuations are in the paint to barrel match" yes, you have to get the right barrel for the paint you shoot, thats why many players have 3-4 barrels in their barrel bag

thats the mini version, be happy i didnt do the full version

toymyster
11-25-2002, 07:59 PM
Kev pretty much summed it up!!! And as far as my personal experience goes: Freaks are not worth the cheap aluminum they're made of!! As I have said before, my crown point barrel shot better than my whole Freak set!! Try switching barrels, and if you are in the market for one with inserts, bells, whistles, whips and chains, then get the Equation Multiple Switch Pro set!!

penndragonn2001
11-27-2002, 01:51 AM
I have a MicroMag...and those markers you mentioned along with Shockers have been kicking my butt for quite some time...Whats the deal...yes I am using Compressed Air...He's right....their accuracy and distance seem to far outweigh my Micro...whats with that?? Love this Micro, but if I can get it to al least compete with these markers...then off to EBAY it Goes....

Butterfingers
11-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Im not sure if this is a troll or not... but if he really refuses to beleive the laws of physics let him sell the micro.

no time to argue anymore

shartley
11-27-2002, 10:45 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that folks think one marker shooting a paintball at 290fps can shoot farther than another marker shooting 290fps.

What I DO see at crono stations though, is that some of us make darn sure we are at the max fps for the field and that our markers are shooting consistently. But I watch others seem to not care. If the fps limit is 290 they will mess around with their markers and end up leaving shooting 265, 240, 258 etc….. then off to the fields they go. And then they wonder why some folks are shooting farther than they are, or are more accurate than they are.

“We are all shooting at the same field, and all cronoed at the same station, our markers should be shooting the same. My marker must be a real dog, it just can’t shoot as good as Joe’s.”

But then again, I am sure folks will come back and swear on a bible that they were firing at the same velocity.

Kevmaster
11-27-2002, 11:17 AM
sam, imho, i sacrafice a little range for the improved accuracy i see when im shooting around 280, not 300. i think that my shots are more consistant and dont hook as often when im at 280 or so....

shartley
11-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kevmaster
sam, imho, i sacrafice a little range for the improved accuracy i see when im shooting around 280, not 300. i think that my shots are more consistant and dont hook as often when im at 280 or so....
Yup, and that is a personal choice. I keep mine at right about 288-290 and it shoots darts and shoots as far as any other marker cronoed the same. ;) Each player needs to determine what is best for THEM, and not worry what Bob is doing next to him/her.

Of course we both know, if you lack “game”, it is easier to blame your marker and say it is because it can’t shoot as far as the other guy’s. ;):D

Bront
11-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by penndragonn2001
I have a MicroMag...and those markers you mentioned along with Shockers have been kicking my butt for quite some time...Whats the deal...yes I am using Compressed Air...He's right....their accuracy and distance seem to far outweigh my Micro...whats with that?? Love this Micro, but if I can get it to al least compete with these markers...then off to EBAY it Goes....

A lot of that is human perception. It's easy to loose sight of your paintballs after some distance, but it's pretty easy to see them coming at you. Of course, most people equate this with "He's outranging me". Just because the opponent at the other end isn't ducking doesn't mean they're not getting there. He may just be brave/foolish enough to not duck, or just be taking the chance.

There is one single way to increase your range. Get heavier paintballs. They'll have more momentum, so will slow down slower, giving them a longer range. Not that much, but a bit. However, they will probably effect your effeciency too.

Consistancy is the key to accuracy, and that's gained with a good paint-barrel match, a good barrel, a well regulated system, and quality paintballs (Which help with consistancy, as they are more consistant with size and shape). Of course, as you get more accurate, your effective range will increase.

digitard
11-27-2002, 11:59 AM
I love when people say that "cockers and angels always beat me" ... and think its the gun, nope its the player. At my local fields my classic mag takes out about 85% of those guys. The only advantage they have over me is their ROF is higher since I'm using a classic valve still so they can lob more paint. But I shoot just as far, just as straight as they do ... and i do it VERY quietly :) I love how quiet mags are.

Sincerely,
Dave K

toymyster
11-29-2002, 05:22 AM
I know why they seem to have superior range over your markers: The are shooting hotter!!! Like everyone mentioned: If discharged at the same speed, a paintball, or any projectile for that matter, will travel the same distance, no matter if it comes out of a 'mag, a cocker, a talon, or a wrist rocket!!! Quit falling for the hype people!! Next time you see a gun shoot further than you, take both to the chrono and see for yourself!!!

penndragonn2001
11-29-2002, 01:13 PM
You guys dont seem to get it.. I know all the facts...everything you mentioned and everyone eles.....we did chrono our markers.......for some reason, unknown to anyone, and not HYPE AS YOU SAY. no disrespect intented gang, the Shockers line of trajectory is, or appears to be soooo much more linear....I just want my Micro to have the same affect....period...I dont need a Physics lesson, or hear all the crap about PAINT/BARREL match. As I said, I know everything is SUPPOSED to be equal, but isnt. I have stripped and restripped and replaced everything (internals) on my Micro numerous time....everything known to GOD!! Chrono is fairly consistance at 280 +/- 3. Intelliframe doing its job...its wired to Revy also...works great...JJ Ceramic 14" Barrel...nice and quiet.....32 Degrees Team Colors Paintballs.....good match....So why does this Damn Shocker outperform me in accuracy and Distance!!!!!! Last time gang...do I need a Level 10 or Retro Valve to get me up to snuff? As always, thanks in advance, and hope I didnt offend anyone. Just want to get this resolved.

Shirow
11-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Read what people are saying. Obviously there is something going on, or you do *not* have a good paint to barrel match. Neither a retro or a level 10 is going to make you shoot straighter or farther.

RetroEclipseMan
11-29-2002, 03:09 PM
One other thing is that accuracy isn't just about the marker it's about the person holding the marker. Maybe these guys with angels and cockers that you're talking about having better accuracy than your micro just know how to aim their markers better than you. So when you're thinking about selling your micro mag because it supposidly doesn't have the accuracy of a cocker or angel maybe you should think about going out and just doing some target practice.

yeahthatsme
11-29-2002, 08:37 PM
its really funny when somebody asks for help then blatantly denies any advice given to them.

i hate to sound mean or whatnot but if your shooting at the same speed with a ruffly equal paint/barrel match its not your gun its you thats messing up.

penndragonn2001
11-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Okay,

I'll end this guys. What does amaze me is the responses you get....people always jump on the perception that your a newbie...guess what...I'm not!!! You guys can keep those newbie remarks to yourselvs....dont get me wrong, I appreciate the info very much so...I will take what I can use and run with it, the rest I'll dump...so we'll end this topic like gentleman...thanks again all...Still love all the feed back I get from this Forum, regardless of whether its positive or negative. Keep up the good work gang....

yeahthatsme
11-29-2002, 09:51 PM
i surely hope you didnt take what i said as noobie bashing becuase it wasnt. i was simply pointing out what i saw. maybe its just they way your looking at it. o well.