PDA

View Full Version : What is a good tinker gun?

56kSomeGuy
11-24-2002, 05:38 PM
I can't really tinker with my micro-e since it's already perfect.

My tippy is ticked out so there is nothing i can do to it now except put an e-bolt but i like it mechanical.

So now i an in search for a good tinkering gun. My vote right now either goes to the rainmaker which is very cheep (99 bucks!) or a cocker which is about three times that cost. The rainmmaker is winning in my opinion right now.

Explain which you think is a better tinkering gun.

halB
11-24-2002, 06:37 PM
welp, i just ordered a rainmaker today, and id say go fer it, theres a lot you can do, and a lot of it is stuff you do by yourself, or custom orders. i mean its not much tinkering if you can buy some product any other joe schmoe has and just install it. also that 99 bux will only last tillt here aint no more rainmakers.

Trench
11-24-2002, 06:38 PM
I think the rainmaker sounds fun *Grin*

Kevmaster
11-24-2002, 06:59 PM
rainmakres rule.......woohoo!!

Fred
11-24-2002, 07:48 PM
A good tinker gun is one that will work, and perform decently, no matter what stupid stuff you try doing to it...

Since I compulsively take apart my markers, Nelson based pumps are great since there isn't anything that I can do to screw them up... sheridans are too, but you can screw up the valve if you aren't careful.

Cockers are called tinker guns, but I don't like any marker that I HAVE to tinker with to keep it running at optimum.

Go with the rainmaker, you'll have a lot more satisfaction when you're done. :) and you'll probably have the only one on your local field too!

---Fred

confedman75
11-24-2002, 09:04 PM
talon

CpSuPeRkId
11-24-2002, 09:17 PM
omg rainmakers for 99 bucks!!! im gonna go buy a few!!!!, jj. but i am going to go buy one because i shot one for the first time this weekend and i was VERY surprised. wasnt bad at all. nothing compared to my ir3 but i just want a fun lil gun i can mess with. so where can i get them for 99 bucks???

halB
11-24-2002, 09:30 PM
pbgear.com
just wish i had money to buy more than one

K-villeplayer
11-24-2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah, Rainmakers are supposed to be great guns to mess around with. If I had not just spent money on another gun (E-MAG), then I would have tried to pick one up for 99 bucks. That is a deal for almost any electro gun.

Hope you have fun with what ever you get.

Andrew

TNS2k2
11-24-2002, 10:21 PM
id have to say cocker. they are always coming out with ways to make em better. also new ways to make it more efficient and lower pressure. Soon they will be operating at 50 psi get 300 fps and get 3200 rounds of paint all while pinching a ball like LX.:p :rolleyes:

FreshmanBob
11-25-2002, 04:23 PM
I think it's really up to you, cockers have about 300 different things you can do to them but rainmakers have the uniqueness goin for them, that an they're inexpensive. The rainmaker trigger is weird though, stock it's very long and soft compared to most electro's. Of course I'm sure you can change that.

halB
11-25-2002, 05:16 PM
ya, if ur a true tinkerer you can get an angel ir3 trigger frame on your rainmaker