PDA

View Full Version : Hearts in Atlantis

shartley
11-24-2002, 07:42 PM
Great movie…. Very refreshing for these days. I recommend anyone who has not already seen it, to do so. Another fantastic performance by Hopkins.

spazzed
11-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Under normal circumstances, this movie would have Absolutely NO appeal to me, but seeing as how I've been really enjoying Anthony Hopkins' movies lately, I just might see it.

Thanks for the heads-up Sam :)

davidb
11-24-2002, 09:55 PM
I second that emotion, that was a great movie.

bornl33t
11-25-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by davidb
I second that emotion, that was a great movie.

motion, not emotion
And yes it's good!

The Frymarker
11-25-2002, 07:28 AM
yes good movie

luke
11-27-2002, 08:07 AM
Hey shartly, if you liked the movie you should try the book. The movie did the book justice until the end. One of the most disappointing things was the movie only covered the first ¼ of the story.
Hearts in Atlantis has ties to The Dark Tower series which was not portrayed in the movie either, I guess I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't read the book first. I wish they would have considered a 4 part mini series like they have done with other Steven King stories. The book wasn't so complicated that they have done it.
The movie was "clean" and straight forward and Hopkins did a great job with the character in regard to the script he was given.
Anyway, that's my take, see in the funny pages. ;)

govnamac
11-27-2002, 09:41 AM
The book was soo much better

shartley
11-27-2002, 09:53 AM
Thanks.... I may have to pick it up. :)

davidb
11-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Heat

motion, not emotion
And yes it's good!

Wow... That's news. :rolleyes: You should have a comma in between "yes" and "it's". ;) j/k :D I know it's motion, "emotion" is commonly used in the phrase as a play on words.

Anyway, I think the movie probably wouldn't have been quite as enjoyable if I had read the book.
Watching the movie in close proximity to Red Dragon really gives you a strong appreciation for Hopkins' acting ability.

FutureMagOwner
11-27-2002, 08:01 PM
cool movie but for some reason i kept expecting him to kill the kids mom and eat the kid and his girlfriend

davidb
11-27-2002, 08:20 PM
He didn't?! Wait, what movie are we talking about again? :D

Cope
11-27-2002, 08:21 PM
I saw "Hearts In Atlantis" too.
Anthony Hopkins was wonderful as usual.
There were some very poignant scenes of childhood,and the ending was bittersweet.
I enjoyed the film very much.