PDA

View Full Version : AGD barrels?

Marek
11-24-2002, 07:59 PM
Im here at work, burned the wrong TV shows (burned season 1 episodes, not 2) and so now have to sit around for 4 hrs. Hour 1 has just passed, and then i got a thought.

Since AGD makes some great products, and make purty good stock barrels, why dont they dabble in the arts of barrel making? Not sure if this is even a viable path to take (not to sure on the money making properties of barrel making) but like i said, have nothing else to do right now. Dont no if this has been posted ever, im sure it has been, and i readily wait for a post sheriff to point that out. :D

darklord
11-24-2002, 08:09 PM
I thought they already made crown point barrels or whatever.... anyway that's a good question, I'd love to see AGD come out with a two piece barrel or something.

HoppysMag
11-24-2002, 08:26 PM
they do make the crown point, but all those were an old style of stock barrel that they found in the attic and decide to resell

pbguy888
11-24-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah it would be awsome if AGD made barrells! Expecially if they came in other thread's also... So I could put em on my micromag:D

FreshmanBob
11-24-2002, 08:38 PM
I think the problem with AGD making a 2 peice is most of the viable designs have been either taken or patented by other companies, it'd be tough to do without a lawsuit or some very creative engineering.

Marek
11-24-2002, 08:39 PM
And SFL's as well. :D Would be nice to have a barrel kit from AGD. Im sure, like all their other products, that it would be top-of-the-line ingenuity. 2 hrs and 20 mins to go....

Kevmaster
11-24-2002, 09:01 PM
they are. it comes standard on hte XMags. two piece barrel

petefol
11-24-2002, 09:14 PM
i thought the xmag came with a j&j edge. that would be nice if agd made a better barrel tho, that way my gun would be one part closer to being all agd, and they probably will start making cocker threaded barrels tho since the xmag and slugo body will are cocker threaded.

Marek
11-24-2002, 09:40 PM
I really cant see that AGD would be lacking, even if other companies have patents on existing products. From what ive seen (on the brief period that i have been in pball) AGD usually gets something that seems to be good and makes it 10 times better. Im mainly referring to AGD making a barrel or barrel kit (would be sweet) cocker threads and mag twist and lock, for production outside (not sure which barrel is on the Xtreme) of the Xtreme. Just a thought.

TNS2k2
11-24-2002, 09:49 PM
I am pretty sure that the Xmag comes with a PMI perfect barrel. that is what i have seen on most of the factory pics, other than the J&J i see on others. Also i have heard of the Xmag not coming with barrel because people change them anyways.

petefol
11-24-2002, 10:00 PM
well the xmags on the front page of www.airgun.com have j&j 2 piece barrels, and i think it was discussed awhile ago and said that it wouldnt be good for such a high end gun to come with no barrel.

Cypres0099
11-25-2002, 12:00 AM
If AGD made a barrel kit with a little bit of research behind it, I would drop my freak in a second.

govnamac
11-25-2002, 12:02 AM
AGD is making their own barrel for the XMAGS. Tom had one at SCAO

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 12:03 AM
TK Told me at AOSC that they XMag he brought with him had a custom AGD barrel that would accompany all XMags sold...if anyone else heard this, please chime in...or even better AGD himself :)

govnamac
11-25-2002, 12:04 AM
Beat you to it. :D

Marek
11-25-2002, 12:26 AM
All the pics of the Xtremes that i have seen have a J&J. As well, how does this barrel compare to other barrels on the market, since it would still be considered a stock barrel. (Not knockin them, just stating the obvious) Will they be sold to the public separately?

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 09:39 AM
damn you govna!!

and i doubt theyll be as nice as the aftermarket ones, but i bet theyll be better than spyder/tippy stock abrrels(not that that says much)