PDA

View Full Version : Idea for partial Full Auto

Trench
11-24-2002, 08:08 PM
*Note* This thread was deleted by me in Paintball Talk *Note*

I started thinking about how you make a marker be basicly full auto, without being full auto...

So, to figure this out myself and my dad who is smart as everything and worked this out... Tell me what you think this would be...

Ok, according to the NPPL rules the trigger must move back and forth once, and fire only once. (If this is wrong, dont read on) so, if you were to put 2 electro-magnets (The polarity can be changed with electricity), one up and left of the trigger and one down and right so that they are pulling against each other. In this case, and everything was wired, you could set the magnets to change polarity 20xSecond... This would mean 10 BPS... Ok, then you would pull the trigger and move your finger out of the way and the trigger would go back and forth, only firing once every pull and release...

Now, I started thinking that if you programed this into a board in the E-mag say, then you could set it to require the trigger pull to begin, and if the bolt didn't move once (Your put your finger in front of the trigger to stop it) then it would cut off... This wouldn't work with LX unless you just dealt with it...

Well, what does everyone here think?

*Note* This thread was deleted by me in Paintball Talk and move here *Note*

bryan
11-25-2002, 06:17 PM
You need to look at the definition of a trigger.
It's something along the lines of "a movable mechanism or lever wich requires force applied by the user to activate."

I would look it up on nppl.com because that was just off the top of my head.

I doubt that your idea would be practical or legal

FreshmanBob
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Are you kidding me? Like people pulling 12 an 15 bps isnt fast enough?

flanders
11-26-2002, 11:59 PM
yea that's basicly a magnetic rt trigger for a tippy

athomas
11-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Any mechanism that fires without the direct interaction of the user is illegal and dangerous.

The rules say that the gun must only fire once for each trigger pull and release. What you are saying is that you can pull the trigger once and it will activate itself continuously after that until you stop it. What would happen if someone bumped the trigger and it fired and kept on firing. Someone could really get hurt. Any mechanism on a gun that requires intervention to stop it rather than to make it operate is extremely dangerous and wrong.

I strongly urge that you don't go ahead with this idea.

Trench
11-27-2002, 02:55 PM
I should have said in the above post...

I have no intention of trying this out! I am poor and stupid and just came up with this...

hitech
11-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Trench
*Note* This thread was deleted by me in Paintball Talk and move here *Note*

Why? Didn't you like the responces you got in "Talk"?

Conqueror
11-28-2002, 09:09 PM
IIRC, the rules require the user to be making a conscious effort to pull the trigger. That rule is to prevent hair triggers and runaway RT guns. Your idea would kinda be a combination of the two, so it would probably be tourney-illegal.

CQ