PDA

View Full Version : new idea....

yeahthatsme
11-24-2002, 09:52 PM
what if somebody used an autococker trigger and setup but instead of all the stuff it normally does it will just release a spring loaded bolt and then pull a spyder like valve open. like a hammer would normally do but instead it would open the valve instead of a hammer. and to counter-act the hard trigger pull you could use magnets.... could this work?

poopthatkilledelvis
11-24-2002, 09:54 PM
huh?

11-24-2002, 11:17 PM
well, in a spyder, the bolt is linked to a hammer, the only reason it is not one piece, is ease of manufacturing. this one piece, if made as one piece would be the bolt.

an autococker trigger setup, on a blowback gun, would keep the gun cycling in full auto all the time. (the sear stays down, when the trigger is held back, allowing the gun to cycle automatically.... too fast to feed paint by normal means)

what is the difference between pulling a valve open, and pushing one open? it is all the same amount of force required.

the same amount of mass would be required in the hammer/bolt assembly to operate the valve, either pushing or pulling it open as a conventional spyder.

springs get heaver as you pull back, magnets get weaker as they seperate, there is no magic setup for giving you almost 0 trigger pull.

milf350
11-25-2002, 01:08 AM
Actually 314, a company called Deadlywind modified a spyder to work like a cocker. And they did it quite well too. Here's a link to the site Deadly Wind (http://www.deadlywind.com/rail.html)

11-25-2002, 01:19 AM
i know they do, and i know it works well.

but you cannot leave the spyder a blowback, and have it use a cocker frame.

milf350
11-25-2002, 01:23 AM
Ah ok now I gotcha, I just kind of blew through your post. Your right though, in the Deadly wind they disconnected the bolt link pin connecting the bolt and hammer.

11-25-2002, 01:41 AM
have you seen pmi's new evil gun? it is a closed bolt blowback. it looks like a stock piranah with the following modifications:

1) bolt no longer attached to hammer, there is a bolt catch that is now attached to the hammer. the bolt catch would be like the sterling/rainmaker hammer assembly. the bolt catch would grab the bolt when it went foward, and release it when it moved to the farthest point back.
2) the bolt and spring lay in front of the bolt catch.
3) the feed tube is positioned so it is a vertical tube, which lets the bottom round sit to the bottom right of the chamber.
4) there is an flexable arm, almost like a teder tolder. this would be made out of a flexable, springy material. one side of this is on the right side of the ball stack, one side is back by the bolt path, and is pushed outward when the bolt passes it (forces the round in the bottom of the feed into the chamber). the piviot point is somewhere between these two points

also, it has an electroframe, although, it should be able to be used with a mechanical frame.

bryan
11-25-2002, 06:02 PM
that evil gun is called the omen, and supposedly its good enough for a couple pro teams to use it for the 2003 season..? thats what i can remember off the top of my head

milf350
11-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Just because pro's use the guns don't mean there any better than the other guns PMI makes. They're probably just sponsored by PMI, and the company wants to get some free advertising for them.

bryan
11-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Oh i totally agree.
I guess my snide emotion didnt come across in my post. A new gun could hardly be as good as a refined gun, thats gone through years of improvements.

11-25-2002, 11:14 PM
bad company shoots em1 spyders

milf350
11-25-2002, 11:30 PM
Bad Company used to shoot EM1's they shoot the AMGs now.