PDA

View Full Version : How much would you PAY for a Milled Slug Body

datapimp69
11-25-2002, 11:46 AM
I am trying to figure out what a Expectable price for a completed slug body.

I mean Milled, anoed and assembled.

Please dont vote if your not serious.

And please vote for what you think is a fair price, not what you would like to pay.

EDIT** this would include the body, not just the milling.

Muzikman
11-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Seeing as you can get milled cocker bodies for $200-$250 I would think that is a reasonable price range. But I think it would also depend on the complexity of the milling. I have work rapid proto typing my American Flag sluggo. We'll see how it turns out. If it works, then I might just ahve to get me one of these bodies.

FutureMagOwner
11-25-2002, 03:20 PM
300 ish range seems fair if you supplied the body or something

aaron_mag
11-25-2002, 04:01 PM
I'd pay in the $200 to $300 range depending on the complexity of the milling. Other questions would be if it included an angel threaded feed tube that matched the milling, integrated sight rail, etc.

cphilip
11-25-2002, 04:04 PM
I putting together a Sluggo kit if anyones interested. A do it yourself home kit. $200.00 shipped!

You get One sluggo, a copy of that "Sounds of the Sea" CD and one rat tailed file...

:D

thecavemankevin
11-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

a copy of that "Sounds of the Sea" CD
:D

"sounds of the sea?"....

is that so you have some sort of target for practice after your new body is complete?:D

Muzikman
11-25-2002, 04:53 PM
No, it's so you can relax after spending 40 hours trying to mill our body with the file:)

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 05:16 PM
i think for some good, nice, quality milling, 2-300 is very reasonable....not sure i would get one, but very reasonable

Bartman
11-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Totaly unique I would say 200-250

Some one elses design, with multiple knock offs of the same body (not unique at all) I would say 150-200 .

Personaly I would rather jsut buy my own body hnd have it milled with my design. Unless of cource your goingot offer custom one offs, then as I stated I would say that it was worth 250 range.

Also if I was gettinga unique design, I would expect to be given a word of honor that you wouldn't use my design for some one else.

Just my thoughts, Its like the ripper kits,they where nice and unique on day one, but once hundreds of people had them, they aren't as cool any more.

My 2.5 cent worth

Bartman
team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

IAMJaws
11-25-2002, 07:48 PM
well also have to conside the fact that alot of us are going to have to buy new barrels, due to the cocker thread.

mag-hatter
11-25-2002, 08:15 PM
about 150-200

RamboPreacher
11-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Bartman
Totaly unique I would say 200-250

Some one elses design, with multiple knock offs of the same body (not unique at all) I would say 150-200 .

Personaly I would rather jsut buy my own body hnd have it milled with my design. Unless of cource your goingot offer custom one offs, then as I stated I would say that it was worth 250 range.

Also if I was gettinga unique design, I would expect to be given a word of honor that you wouldn't use my design for some one else.

Just my thoughts, Its like the ripper kits,they where nice and unique on day one, but once hundreds of people had them, they aren't as cool any more.

My 2.5 cent worth

Bartman
team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org my thoughts out of your mouth - heheheh...

milling is just becomming too popular, and the demand is high enough to justify a lower cost, overall.

Cliffio
11-25-2002, 11:37 PM
if your supplying the body, milling, annodizing, assembly, plus time

150 for the body
100-200 for annodizing
75-100 for milling

so 450 max

i think thats pretty fair

Cliff

mag-hatter
11-26-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
if your supplying the body, milling, annodizing, assembly, plus time

150 for the body
100-200 for annodizing
75-100 for milling

so 450 max

i think thats pretty fair

Cliff

450 eh? well all of us (like me) airnt "bling bling in the hizzle" is it were and i think that that is a really steap price.

Laser
11-26-2002, 12:29 AM
I sure won't be paying $450 for it.

Cliffio
11-26-2002, 12:30 AM
he didnt ask what you could afford, he asked what was fair

if he is including the body, milling, annodizing, assembly, and labor 450 is more than fair imho

Cliffio
11-26-2002, 12:38 AM
let take the example of a cocker, and lets say G3PB

-annodizing is $120
-milling is $90-$110 but if your going to want to mill it like some of the people in the proto thread, then its gonna be between $110 and $150
-bodys are $150

plus labor and shipping charges, so all you people who say 150-200 are way off, the body itself if 150

it may not be what you want to pay but its fair

Cliff

RamboPreacher
11-26-2002, 08:51 AM
guess, I didn't realize that ano and assembly were part of the cost... I'd bump to about $300 for mass-made copies, or $400 or more for specific one-off unique.

Muzikman
11-26-2002, 09:01 AM
The body better not stay at $150. I mean it's a lot simpler than a cocker and you can find raw CF cocker bodies out there for $100. Milling has become so common now that it should not cost alot to do a simple mass produced body design. I still stick to the $250 range.

The Frymarker
11-26-2002, 03:45 PM
I putting together a Sluggo kit if anyones interested. A do it yourself home kit. $200.00 shipped!

Your so funny cphil.

Yes I agree that if you are going to spend that much time on them than they should be in the $300-400 range.

However most people can't afford that.

I think the body price is way too high. It doesn't give the miller enough chance to make a profit.

fearc7
11-27-2002, 02:10 PM
I think if they are mass produced, I don't see how they should be so expensive. BTW, doesn't the aluminum bodies cost agd less to make also? I don't see why a factory upgrade should neccesarily be so expensive just because its a new design. Other brands in the industry lower their prices on older designs, so that the new designs can be sold at the retail price of the older designs, not just keep upping the prices on the new ones like agd is doing. The way i see it, a lot of guns in the automag price range come with stock milled aluminum bodies, and we have to dish out the money just to bring our guns up to the standard?
Now, i know im kind of flaming. I love my automag, and think its a great gun, but when i see agd doesn't even have competetive prices, I don't appreciate that, and it makes me start looking at other brands.:rolleyes:

aaron_mag
11-27-2002, 03:09 PM
I don't think that AGD has set any prices on milled bodies yet (or even the unmilled ones have they?). So before we start expounding the evils of AGD and Tom Kaye we might want to see the finished product and the price....:)

RamboPreacher
11-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
I don't think that AGD has set any prices on milled bodies yet (or even the unmilled ones have they?). So before we start expounding the evils of AGD and Tom Kaye we might want to see the finished product and the price....:) The unmilled slug bodies are $150 (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57972), though I believe these are prototypes and I would hope that they would drop in price as they started "manufacture" of them (if they start).

RetroEclipseMan
11-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Depending on the complexity of the milling and anno I would say a fare price would be around $350 with that price including the price of the body. Personally I wouldn't pay that much cause you still gotta figure in getting a feed tube, barrel(for those of us that don't already have cockers) and ball dedent for it so then you looking at at around $450-$500 to get a complete setup. Personally I don't got that kind of cash to drop on that when I could save some more money and go buy a used emag and have 2 guns rather than just one.

Realistically speaking I would pay around $150 for one but that is in hopes that Tom is gonna put out some bare bones ones that are milled down and polished to the normal size of the emag bodies cause I just want something simple but that's just my opinion.

aaron_mag
11-27-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
The unmilled slug bodies are $150 (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57972), though I believe these are prototypes and I would hope that they would drop in price as they started "manufacture" of them (if they start).

Oh...well now we can start expounding about how evil he is I guess:D

Well he said it was a limited production run. It is just for people to test out and make some unique mags (machinists which I am not). I would hope that if someone makes a cool design and wants to buy them in bulk (to sell to us poor fools who cannot make our own/don't have the time) they would be able to get them at a more competitive price...

ß.C.
12-16-2002, 04:02 PM
I would of voted for $150-200 but for some reason I haven't been able vote in a while. But aren't the new slug prices $100? And also didn't he ask for how much you'd pay for a milled body and only milled? Not annoedizing? I'd pay around $100 for milling, I'm looking to get the sweetest mag ever! YOU GUYS WILL SEE, THE SLUGGO WOULD NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO COMPARE!!

RamboPreacher
12-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ß.C.
I would of voted for $150-200 but for some reason I haven't been able vote in a while. But aren't the new slug prices $100? And also didn't he ask for how much you'd pay for a milled body and only milled? Not annoedizing? I'd pay around $100 for milling, I'm looking to get the sweetest mag ever! YOU GUYS WILL SEE, THE SLUGGO WOULD NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO COMPARE!! milled, and ano'd - finished was the original question.

and yes thet price has dropped.

Xzion
12-16-2002, 06:38 PM
I think 250 - 300 Minimum is fair for a custom milled body, with the customer providing the body. Of course, it would vary with complexity of the design and whatnot.

Jack & Coke
12-17-2002, 04:07 PM
Would it be possible for someone to provide a running list of people here who can actually do the milling jobs?

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Considering the simplicity of the shaping of the slug bodies, getting a complete body should not be $200+. If current Mag owners are stuck with their ugly quarter-turn bodies because mass-production of simple-cut black or grey (pref. black) completely ready-to-go slug bodies is not something AGD is ready to do either by resources or choice, and the Mag owner's next choice is blowing another $250 into their gun to get a better barrel thread, feed setup, and look, I assure you the majority of customers (who are the majority of AGDs business might I point out) will go with Autocockers or another marker and not buy another Mag and let their old one sit in the closet. I know I am holding out to see what AGD will do. I have been steadily upgrading the first marker I bought, an AGD Minimag, and as long as I can keep it modern in looks as well as performance at fair prices I will do so. I accepted the body design when I bought it as a newbie but figured when the XMag came out with new AGD body design, a new body will be in the near future to switch into old Mags.
Don't you think AGD wants all their guns looking good, not having outdated designs on the field to show up in all the Magazines? Not everyone can afford XMags or even whole new $600 guns. It's the same idea of the valve tradein program which I think is smart, they want the new valves out there instead of the old ones they throw out when they get. But if I have to waste $250 to get a new body, I assure you a Cocker will be in my future because $250 for the body+$100 for the Intelliframe I was going to buy+$225 for the cash I was going to spend on the Xvalve+whatever I can get for the Mag will put me in line to get a high performance Autococker, probably Orracle, and at least with those I will know I can continue to upgrade over the years with no ridiculous expenses as this is looking to be.
I know lengthy and whiney post (again), but I only attempt to point out to AGD and the devoted customers that populate this site that those of us posting on this site are probably 5-10% of AGD's business, and it's the other 90-95% that prefer to buy their markers from stores and get easy upgrades that require minimal knowledge of installation that fuel AGD's business. Mags are already down, especially with electronic markers being available in the $500 range, and if previous owners can't be helped out of the "old" image, they'll walk, and AGD will be down AND out (of business) because they didn't keep up.
All I ask from AGD is news that loyal Automag and Minimag customers are being looked out for, and that AGD has in the works a way for older customers to have their markers catch up to the new look for Mags presented in the XMag design. I have heard nothing so far, and it seems something that shouldn't be too tricky or expensive (especially not $400). It will refresh the image of Mags as the old design is "dead" (a quote from a major dealer in my area regarding Mags in general as well) and give them a better presence on the field.