PDA

View Full Version : Back from 1st day out playing w/new E-Mag!!

FaSSt
08-25-2001, 08:39 PM
Some observations:

1. Wow.

2. This thing gets more looks than any other gun out there (Angels, Excaliburs, etc.)

3. Insane ROF in Hybrid mode. The marker, for all intents and purposes, went full auto. After the first 4 balls (one in the chamber, three in the vertical feed) it went into full blender mode. It was kind of amazing. You NEED a Warp Feed for this mode. Let me say that again. Hybrid mode is almost useless, unless you are very skilled in very short burst, or unless you have a Warp. But still - Holy sheep-dip!

4. With the stock barrel, a full 12V Revy, and an adjustable 4500 psi 68ci system, the thing seems a bit heavy after about the 6th game. (I do have a cold, so maybe I'm just being a wuss today.) Definitely too heavy for my GF, though, or so she says.

5. Stock barrel is nice but loud. Easy to clean, though.

6. You can make a powerfeed barrel fit on a centerfeed Mag (Emag or RT Pro), but it's a pain. I had to insert my Boomstick into the marker, then insert a thin Allen wrench through the hole in the vertical feed, depress the spring loaded (thingy?), and slide the barrel over it. It kind of locked into place, and did not move. Of course, this is a pain if you break a ball. Luckily, I sold my Boomstick to a guy today.

7. It's basically impossible to chop a ball in Electronic mode unless you are an idiot like me, and forget to turn Revy on (twice!).

8. It's easy to inadvertently flip the selector level to Hybrid mode from Electronic. This happened to me twice. See #3 above.

9. I love the plastic safety clip. I have it on a lanyard connected to my barrel plug.

10. AGD should think about incorporating a set-screw into the top of the vertical feed tube. Putting tape around the hopper sucks. I am really hesitant about putting a set screw in there, since the gun is such a piece of art.

------------------
Centerfeed E-Mag

[This message has been edited by FaSSt (edited 08-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-25-2001).]

zvanut
08-25-2001, 10:02 PM
another satisfied customer. score 1 more for AGD.

------------------
My Mag can beat your spyder w/ no paint.~~~me

Dont worry if it wasnt for losers like u, There couldnt be winners like me.~~~me

My mag is my mag, not yours, so go get your own one and be happy like me. ~me

AGD
08-25-2001, 10:27 PM
Fasst,

Glad you like your new gun! Sorry about the vert feed cup but there is no standard size at this time that will fit all the loaders. We had to make it in the middle to try and get the most flexibility in fit. A good fix is get the aluminum tube spacer that goes in the feed neck of the Rev to expand it.

AGD

rictus
08-26-2001, 01:33 AM
Just played today with my E-Mag for first time. Beautiful. No way an Angel could be better. My friend has a new Gen-X Cocker and we switched one game. Lets just say I couldn't wait till that game was over so I could get my E-Mag back. Now my friend is thinking of getting one and selling his Cocker.

Whisky
08-26-2001, 07:22 AM
Yes my Emag is doing damage to the competetion too, 2 of my friends will sell there Angel to get an Emag.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

Load SM5
08-26-2001, 08:06 AM
I played a 6 hours big game all day with my E-mag and the only time it ever seemed a little heavy was when I was just walking around with it. When the shooting started it was like a feather.

Out of the 90 players there today I was the only one with an E-mag. They actually called me "E-Mag" all day. I let as many people fire it as they wanted too, and I made a lot of converts. Including a guy with a very nice looking Sandridge Cocker. I'm sure I won't be the only E-Mag out there for much longer.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Vil3
08-26-2001, 10:04 AM
you dont shoot to fast i chop all the time on E mode... i outshoot everything even warp.

-§on-
08-26-2001, 12:10 PM
When I play at a Secenario game that lasted about 6-7 hours With my Emag,Lapco bighshot, 68ci 3000psi alloy tank, Full hopper, and Ball hauler. I was Pooped at the end of the day. My Arms felt like rubber, oh yeah, did I mention I shot A LOT OF PAINT? http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif It was fun.

------------------
Aim: TacticalJay
Email: TacticalJay8@adelphia.net
EMAG WITH:
Blue Warp Feed
Blue 12 Volt
68ci 3000psi Stub
Lapco Bigshot
Black CP
Cp Black Flame drop
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

slayer
08-26-2001, 11:57 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vil3:
you dont shoot to fast i chop all the time on E mode... i outshoot everything even warp.</font>

I thought I did too, but it turns out I was outshooting the revolution that fed my warp. Also make sure you do a 9V mod to make sure the warp has enough juice.