PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with a marker; post 9-11

Zumina
11-25-2002, 04:52 PM
I'll be flying home for christmas break this year and I'd like to bring one of my markers so I can do a little playing back east. I haven't flown with a marker since the summer of 2000, so I'll assume regulations have changed a tad. Back then, I simply disassembled the gun (removed barrel and grip frame) and put the parts at oppossite ends of a locked, checked suitcase. Has anyone flown with a marker lately? Will my precautions be enough, or will my paintgun get confiscated as "Potentially dangerous materials"?

digitard
11-25-2002, 04:54 PM
Last time I checked I believe you have to book it in storage type luggage (non carry on) and make sure your co2/HPA is drained fully ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

EsPo
11-25-2002, 04:57 PM
make sure that your tank is COMPLETELY empty.

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 05:12 PM
pack your marker in your luggage and make sure you can PROVE yout tank is 100% empyty(preferably with the valve off the bottle, but an on-off valve, or gague will usually due)

Wheelman
11-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Good tip on your Tank, take out your fill nipple or burst disk, that way you don't have conflicting pressures outsid and inside your tank.

Zumina
11-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Last I checked the cargo compartment of a comercial airline is pressurized. A pulled burst disk is a good idea though. However, I won't be traveling with a tank as I'm buying a new one at home. All I'll have is an Autococker (hardly reseembled a gun with the barrel off), mask, rev, squeegee, and a pack.

Wheelman
11-25-2002, 05:37 PM
okay, then don't worry about the tank (see I knew that wouldn't be a problem)

Even some empty tank aren't entirely empty, it could be just enough to blow a tank during takeoff. But I do think that storage is also pressuized