PDA

View Full Version : Missouri AO meet? Anyone?

ShooterJM
11-25-2002, 04:59 PM
TWO Missouri AO Days in the works! Come one, Come all!

CURRENT INFO:

FEB AO DAY

FEB AO DAY

Battle Creek Paintball, www.battlecreekpaintball.com
PRICES: Avoid the rush & save. Prepaid entry is $10.00 and $60/70 for a case of paint (Diablo)
Walk on Entry is $30.00 and $70.00 for a case of paint.

PREPAID DEADLINE IS FEB 17! BEYOND THIS POINT YOU CAN'T CHOOSE SIDES. MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOU'RE WITH THE AO GROUP SO THEY PUT YOU ON THE UN TEAM.

Coordinator/Host: Tack!

SCENARIO:

The threat of a nuclear detonation is worse than ever. After the fall of the Soviet Union, several small republics have controlled their arsenals of nuclear weapons. Now, a Far Left Extremist Group has seized a warhead and plan to detonate after launch from Siberia. The prevailing winds will carry the fall out toward the western seaboard and across the Americas. The UN has launched Operation: Frozen Arse. A specialized multi-national task force has been detached to locate and disarm the warhead. They must be stopped at all cost.

GAME FORMAT:

The playing area for the game will include all of Battle Creek's playing fields except for the speedball courses. All the wooded fields, lagoon area, The Compound, and all the land in between. The entire perimeter has been marked with yellow caution tape and will be in play. Players will be able to reenter the game after being eliminated every twenty minutes. The actual game set up and rules will be posted soon. The game will began with the Red Team as the UN Force (aggressor) and the Blue Team in defensive position as the Extremist Group for the first three hours (10am -1pm) After lunch break, we will switch sides and roles. The points earned in either capacity will be cumulative and totaled after both segments with a winner declared after the tally

TIMES:

Registration begins at 7 AM
Player Orientation at 9 AM
Game Starts at 10 AM
Lunch Break at 1 PM
Switch Sides and Resume play at 2PM
Game Ends at 5PM

Scores and Awards at 5:30 PM.

WHO:

AO people and the famous German Tank General from Oklahoma D-Day, Bill Bailey, will be attending the game with one possibly two of his mock tanks. He and his crew will operate their tanks for the UN Forces during each segment of the game. Plus, Battle Creek will be operating an armored dune buggy fitted with a dual missile launcher for the Extremist group

MISC:

You can prepay by calling Battle Creek at 573-642-7246. Rick or Ed will fill out a receipt and mail it to you for conformation.

AO is the UN (Red) team. Rick said that would be no problem. He only asks that we prepay so we can have a better head count as well as know how much paint to buy.

Also, If it is too hard for you to make it to the field by 9AM, Kingdom City has several hotels. They are about 10 min. from the fields.

FOOD MENUS:

Food will be sold during the game. Check out the website for the full menu. I’m too lazy to type it all out.

Now that you've read all that.....skip to the end of the thread and you have all the info you need!
:D

TecnoRobo
11-25-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm from the kansas city area...
drop me a pm if you wanna talk about
possably getting one together

Skoad
11-25-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm in Rolla for school, and near St. Louis back home. If your gonna do springfield do during next semester :)

TecnoRobo
11-25-2002, 09:34 PM
My granparents live in Rolla and i know what college your talking about..
its nice

Hey stop in Johnny Smoke Stacks BBQ

My grandpa owns that restaraunt, pm me about it

lopxtc
11-25-2002, 10:15 PM
<-- Saint Louis myself ... willing to travel a small distance to play.

Aaron

Tack
11-25-2002, 11:50 PM
I live in the Columbia/Jeff City area, I am willing to travel as long as it's not more than a couple of hours. I will however make a suggestion of my field in Kingdom City. It is almost half way between St. Louis and Kansas City. It's Called Battle Creek Paintball, we have several wooded fields, two speedball fields, and a bunch of old house trailers hooked togather to form the compound. It's really cool. If you all are interested let me know, I can work things out with the owners. Check it out at www.battlecreekpaintball.com.

FeuerFri
11-26-2002, 12:28 AM
another go for an mo ao would be awsome, being as the last one was me, tack, chilled, doobie and his girl, lol not sucha great turn out. kingdom city would be cool to do too being as is kindly half way for every one. if it were to be durning the next school semester(after january) i would more than deffinatly be in, and i may be able drag a friend along too.

Shane-O-Mac
11-26-2002, 02:57 AM
well, i was just pm'ing agdjon about doing this in st.louis (actually 20 minutes away from downtown in illinois)i was thinking around easter, we have an easter big game at our field. www.xtremepaintballpark.com it is usally the weekend before easter, we have great fun and actually have plastic easter eggs with small prizes and candy spread around the field. i can work out a price deal for AO'ers. so what does everyone think? i can set a date within 2 weeks and start working on getting the word out. i could also get my team Total Greif involved as a co-host. i'm ready if other people are!
Shane-O

p.s. Tack, tell bill bailey i said HI!

ShooterJM
11-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Cool!

Spring sounds good. Isn't Easter in April? If we give it that much time we should probably go ahead to build it up in Illinois and surrounding states as well. But that's cool.

Xtreme looks pretty cool, and I wasn't able to open Battlecreeks website.

I'm not sure how far people are willing to drive, but unless there's a decent illinois presence then Battlecreek would probably be a bit more centered for most people.

Anybody want to take the lead on this? I'll do whatever it takes to help out, but being out of state kinda limits me.

Scorch
11-26-2002, 11:25 AM
The is a pretty new Indoor field in Rolla (very central to all of MO). Its call Outerlimits.

That could be a great place to have a AO Meet. :)

Scorch

Tack
11-26-2002, 01:12 PM
So far we have Rolla, Kingdom city, St. Louis as possible sights.

Lets see if we can get some more people involved, if you want to try and get your field to host the sight, talk to the owners, and list it here. in about a week or so we could post a pole with all the fields and let the members who want to go vote. Try and get the field's web sight if they have one, that way we all can look at eachother's fields and make a choice.

So far we have
Battle Creek Paintball, www.battlecreekpaintball.com
Extreme Paintball Park, www.xtremepaintballpark.com
Outer limits in Rolla, No web sight as of yet.

dre1919
11-26-2002, 01:19 PM
I'm totally down for a MO AO meet. We talked about doing another one awhile back but it kind of fell by the wayside. I agree, I think Battle Creek would be the best choice as well. I mean, I live in KC and we have some great fields here, but that would mean people driving here. I really wouldn't want to drive all the way to St. Louis to go to Xtreme, so it's not real fair to ask the St. Louis' AO'ers to come to KC. I say we go with Battle Creek and get a date picked out. I can come, as well as a few of my teammates and a couple of my female friends from Columbia that want to play. I'll help set this up in whatever way I can, just let me know.

ShooterJM
11-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Sounds good.

Tack, I agree. Just post up information on each field, and any applicable discounts if there are people who have connections.

The more central the better.

Tack
11-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Battle Creek holds open play on Saturdays and Sundays but we can always get a reff and have a AO only day. Last meet we did we ended up not haveing enough players to play by ourselves so we played open play. It was still fun and it's what ever everyone wants.

I'll give this about a week or so to see if anyone else wants to throw their $.02 in, and get the vote for location and date up. personally I like the spring but it has to be early march, or late april. My first baby is due around Apr. 7, so that time is occupied.:D :D :D

laysomepaint
11-26-2002, 02:13 PM
i live near st. louis and might be able to attend a MO ao meet.

FeuerFri
11-26-2002, 03:38 PM
where are doobie and ice-chilled? they would proly go too.
if we can get enough ppl to go we should go for a privite game though, that would be sweet.

Shane-O-Mac
11-26-2002, 04:22 PM
how about this.......$15, including all day air! (bring your own paint). i was trying to attract chicago people also (6hrs away) agdjon said he might come down. maybe we can get Tom K down here also. we can do a private thing or do the big game thing. our big games arent that large though, like 50-100 people. but truth be told, i am going to have an AO meet at our field, it just that when to have it that is in the air.
Shane-O

ShooterJM
11-26-2002, 04:30 PM
I edited the first post with the current info (that I can tell)

lopxtc
11-26-2002, 07:39 PM
Im in for this ... havent played here since the Prairie State Games. Be nice to play there again.

Aaron

Originally posted by Shane-O-Mac
how about this.......$15, including all day air! (bring your own paint). i was trying to attract chicago people also (6hrs away) agdjon said he might come down. maybe we can get Tom K down here also. we can do a private thing or do the big game thing. our big games arent that large though, like 50-100 people. but truth be told, i am going to have an AO meet at our field, it just that when to have it that is in the air.
Shane-O

dre1919
11-27-2002, 10:15 AM
^^
Up!

giant1515
11-27-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm in KC now... moved here in June and haven't had a chance to play much, so I don't really know any good fields around here. I'll be moving again at some point ... by the middle of next year, but if it's before then and I manage to be in town that weekend I'm game.

-giant

Scootyd
11-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Tack,

I've already mentioned this to Rick in the past as a possability. He was all for it. That would just leave us with the details.

ShooterJM
11-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Scootyd
Tack,

I've already mentioned this to Rick in the past as a possability. He was all for it. That would just leave us with the details.

Is this Rick guy affiliated with BattleCreek or Xtreme?

Are there many AOer's in Illinois? I guess before we go much further we should determine if there is any intrest on that side of the state. Anyone want to start an illinois thread and see if we can get any interest there?

Scootyd
11-29-2002, 08:46 AM
Rick is the owner of Battle Creek in Kingdom City. His actual response was that It would be good to have an AO get together. He said maybe it would help give mags a push. At battle creek Tack and myself are the two main mag heads. We catch a lot of flack but I try to and know that Tack does, preach the mag faith. Tack will pretty much put his e-mag in the hands of anyone that's wondering what it's about.

Tack
11-29-2002, 02:18 PM
Too True, and usually I have to fight to get it back. There have been alot of neysayers feel the fury of my mag on the field as well.

I also talked to Rick about it in the past and he said it is cool.

Not to point any blame but the reasion the last AO meet fizzled out was that everyone wanted to have it at their own field so they didn't have to drive any where. I have stated before that I am willing to travle to KC or STL. However if we can't get a concicnsis about where to play this thread will die like the last one.

I'll try PMing Ice Child and Dooby about it since I havn't seen them on this thread yet.

ShooterJM
11-29-2002, 03:06 PM
Well, what are we looking at for field fee, all day air and paint (or is it byop) at battle creek?

At this point I think battle creek is more central location, and if the owner's cool, all the better.

If we can get the above information we should take a vote here by the end of the week.

or something like that....:D

Scorch
11-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Battle Creek does appear to be at the midpoint between StL and KC. I suggested Xtreme last time but it looks like there is more statewide interest this time.

I still think Outerlimits is a great choice because its indoor and they have a nice facility (nice staging area, lunch counter, and nice staff). Its relatively central.

Scorch

Scootyd
11-29-2002, 04:55 PM
I've dropped Rick at Battle Creek an e-mail and will stop by the shop after work tonight. I will give you guys the prices once I get them.

ShooterJM
11-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Scorch
Battle Creek does appear to be at the midpoint between StL and KC. I suggested Xtreme last time but it looks like there is more statewide interest this time.

I still think Outerlimits is a great choice because its indoor and they have a nice facility (nice staging area, lunch counter, and nice staff). Its relatively central.

Scorch

Cool, well if it's local to you, can you get a website or any other information? Especially price lists and pictures. I'll try to find a website or phone number or something.

Scorch
11-29-2002, 08:33 PM
I just called them for pricing...

Field+Air for players with markers is $15 and includes 200 paintballs

Players needing rental gear pay $20

Paint is FPO. Its Worr Games:
$53 Practice
$55 Competition
$65 Domination

The phone number is 573-368-5300 (Jason or Justin)

They are emailing me pics on Monday. I understand their fields are now sup'air and There is or will be an outdoor field also.

Scorch

lopxtc
11-29-2002, 09:26 PM
I gotta tell ya if comes down to FPO or BYOP, Im going to pick the BYOP location since I can get paint fairly cheap.

Aaron

Originally posted by Scorch
I just called them for pricing...

Field+Air for players with markers is $15 and includes 200 paintballs

Players needing rental gear pay $20

Paint is FPO. Its Worr Games:
$53 Practice
$55 Competition
$65 Domination

The phone number is 573-368-5300 (Jason or Justin)

They are emailing me pics on Monday. I understand their fields are now sup'air and There is or will be an outdoor field also.

Scorch

ShooterJM
11-29-2002, 10:50 PM
Well, I'm going to have to depend on you guys for prices. Around here the average field fee is $20-25, air is about $1 per 1000 lbs or $10 for all day air, and about $80 for a case of paint. I think there is only one BYOP place in colorado.

So basically all that stuff sound cheap! :D

So do I have it about right with the following locations (give or take):

Outer Limits -- 100 miles St. Louis, 200 miles to KC

Battle Creek -- 100 miles St. Louis, 100 miles to KC, 75 miles to Rolla?

Xtreme -- 20 miles St. Louis, 220 miles to KC, 120 miles to Rolla?

Tack
11-30-2002, 12:06 AM
You can check out Battle Creek's web sight for most of the information and pics of the fields. I think it is $15 for field fee and all day air if you have your own marker, $20 for rental markers (M-98s) Paint is Wargames and ranges from 55-80/case depending on the brand. It is field paint only.

Their web sight should be up and running. it's www.battlecreekpaintball.com.

FeuerFri
11-30-2002, 01:06 AM
do you think that if we do a privite game at battlecreek the owner would let us use our own paint? so ppl like lopxtc who can get decent paint at a good price can do so? that and the fact that if somone gets that paint and it is not a good barrel match than it proly is not going to be cool, plus i am sure they would make a good sum of money off of us to not need fpo. i am realying going to push this for battlecreek though i am going to tell you guys now; being as it is about equal distance for every one, plus i wont be able to go out to rola, or anyplace further away than kindom city unless it is close to osage beach;my mom is weird and told me that i need to be with in an hour eather my home here in O'fallon, or my grandmas lil summer weekend vacation area in osage, dont ask me why, she is odd.

Ice-Child
11-30-2002, 03:02 AM
Ill be there. You guys came to my field last time. My turn to head west. Just let me know the date. Sorry for not being on the boards as much lately. We picked up Racegun as another sponsor. They require us to hit a few more majors then we were used to. Still trying to get used to the set up they want. But if you let me know ahead of time I will make sure I can make it.

As for what you guys are talking about with paint. I can get you a good deal on Nitro Duck paint if anyone wants to go that route. I use the nitro Duck Pro Series paint myself. So if you want some for the meet and greet, just let me know ahead of time and I will bring extra with me to the meet and greet.

Rob
Ice-Child

ShooterJM
11-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Cool. Well at this point pretty much the only differences are paint (FPO or BYOP) and location. Field and air seem pretty much the same.

This Rick guy seems to be pro-mag and willing to do this AO day, so I'm leaning toward Battle Creek right now. Especially if he can cut us a deal on paint prices! Don't suppose he gets on AO does he?

I put a list of what I think are interested people in the first post so we can get a very preliminary idea of how many people are interested right now.

zvanut
11-30-2002, 01:14 PM
and dont forget about me.......

ice-child, send me a PM about the paint situation, i really like the nitroduck stuff (pink w/ black tigerstripes) :)

Scootyd
11-30-2002, 06:58 PM
I'm sitting here with the owner and field manager of Battle Creek. They that 10.00 field fee with all day air and 55.00 per case on worr competition or 60.00 per case for worr domination paint. It is a field paint only field. If we get 10 or more people we can have private play. They say we are more than welcome and they would be glad to have us. They want me to mention that they also have a campground (Crooked Creek Campground) with real restrooms, rec room and food available. If anyone is interested camping the night before would not be a problem. Primative camping (no electric or water hookups) is free for our get together and full hookup sites for those with trailer will be available at discount rates.

ShooterJM
11-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Wow. Well like I said, I'm used to $20-25 just for field fee and around $80 for a crap case of paint.

Thanks for the quick info and the great offer!

My personal vote is for Battle Creek.

Reasons: good location, prices, seems like cool management.

Shane-O-Mac
12-01-2002, 12:12 AM
if you guys want battle creek that is cool, but like i said in an earlier post, we will be having an AO meet at xtreme, it is just a matter of when. so you guys go ahead and decide on when to have it at battle creek and i will then schedule one for xtreme later on down the road. sound fair?
Shane-O

lopxtc
12-01-2002, 01:42 AM
I will definetly be at the Xtreme one, assuming everything at my work goes well. They just announced before we left for thanksgiving on Wed, that they are planning on laying off another 400 people world wide in the next three weeks.

Anyone need a Unix Geek for hire? :) LMK

Aaron

Skoad
12-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Ok i am in Rolla, few miles away from outer limits. Even though i would LOVE to have the meeting here just a walk from outer limits, I think it may be a little small if we get a lot of people to come. Its got 2 or 3 indoor fields, consession with pizza/drinks. cool people work there but its not very big. It all depends on how many people will go. I've never been to battle creek but the guy down the hall has, he says its a real fun park.

Also over the holiday weekend i went shopping with grandparents/parents and as we were driving ( i think it was around the Fenton area) my mom asked me what some thing was in a field and pointed at it, she said she thought it was a dog obstical course of some kind. When i look over theres a sup-air field ! look some more and theres 2-3 more speedball fields made out of various things with netting surrounding them all. I have no idea really where i was at, or what the place was called but it was cool :)

Skoad
12-01-2002, 07:54 PM
WAIT a second, there are TOO MANY Xtreme Paintball Parks

I thought you guys were talking about this new park:
Xtreme Paintball Park
939 Oak Terrace Court Fenton Missouri 63026
314-968-0911
The name speaks for itself..Xtreme Paintball Park truly is a park! The amenities were designed with large church, school and corporate groups in mind. Our staff is friendly and professional and our goal is to ensure that your group has a wonderful experience. We are a "family" business, there is NO alcohol, etc. allowed on the premises. Our rental package, group rates and paintball prices provide you with the very best for less. We offer a wide variety of playing fields, from heavy woods to "open" fields with man-made obstacles. If your group has played paintball before, we invite you to compare us to any other field in the St. Louis area...we are 15 minutes from south county (Just across the Jefferson Barracks Bridge) and 30 minutes from Chesterfield, Mo.

Warpig shows it having BYOP, N2 4500 fills, food, etc. And i'm pretty sure it has a Sup-Air field, i might call them but its long distance from rolla. I think its brand new looked cool when i drove by it :) Someone around there check it out please!!!

http://www.warpig.com/forums/fields/index/pg_Missouri.shtml

Shane-O-Mac
12-01-2002, 08:51 PM
yes that is the same one as the above posts. that is the address that the mail gets forwarded to..lol.
www.xtremepaintballpark.com
thanks for the complements, but we do not have a sup' air field. but we do have a ball wall field.
Shane-O

Skoad
12-01-2002, 09:12 PM
wait im still confused, even on your site on the "map" section it shows it in illinois...i'm pretty sure we didnt' cross the mississipi......unless i was sleeping

also the phone numbers don't even match from the place on warpig....are you sure these are the same fields?

Skoad
12-01-2002, 10:30 PM
also lets start tossing up some dates for this event, might be parting out some pieces of my gun sometime would like to have an operation marker for this :)

micromag02
12-02-2002, 01:43 AM
sounds great, too bad i'll still be in Okinawa. if it turns into an annual thing i will definatly be there next year. :cool:

Scorch
12-02-2002, 02:47 AM
Yes Dates please! :) Playing at Xtreme will be great.

I know the owners, greifers and even the occasional paintball celebs (Jessica & Dan) that you can find there are all Mag fans.

Shane, are any of the Total Greif purple RT's around anymore?

Scorch

Skoad
12-02-2002, 05:32 PM
up

ShooterJM
12-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Ok. So is the consensus that we'll be having two AO meets?

One at Battlecreek and then a second at xtreme (that will hopefully draw from both MO and Illinois).

Dates......Feb and then april maybe?

dre1919
12-03-2002, 03:58 PM
^^
I like the February and April idea myself. That would give people time to plan accordingly. Like I said before, if we have it at Battle Creek, I can bring around seven people possibly. I would be the only AO'er, so if you all want it strictly AO'ers then I guess they'd be out. Anyway, I would prefer Battle Creek because of the location, and the prices seem fairly consistant with all the fields here. As for FPO or BYOP, almost all fields trying to make any money and stay open will be FPO so I don't think that should be as big a factor in the location. Just my opinion though. Anyway, what date in February are you thinkin' Shooter?

dre1919
12-03-2002, 04:01 PM
I just read that first post where you listed who was interested in coming...(laughing)

"I got the ladies with me, and you know this..MAN!"

dcmander
12-03-2002, 04:22 PM
I'm in Overland Park (KC) and I'm interested.

ShooterJM
12-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Ummmm beats me! :D 15? 22?

heheh gotta love the ladies....:p

Shane-O-Mac
12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
how about april 12th, it is a saturday. as i said in earlier posts that date is the fields easter big game. we can all play in that or we can set a date of april 19th or 20th? that is the weekend after the big game and we can have a private game.
Shane-O

p.s. Scorch, there is one purple r/t still, and sal still owns it. but if he ever wants to get rid of it, i am first in line for it! but since i put a lx kit in it, he loves the darn thing again.

Tack
12-04-2002, 12:54 AM
Any weekend in Feb for the Battle Creek meet should be good for me unless I find a new job that forces me to work weekends. I'll let you all decide when and I can talk to Rick about it this weekend when I am up there.

As for the Xtreme game, I don't know if I can make the 12th. My baby is due on the 5th, so I probablly couldn't go anywhere for a while.

ShooterJM
12-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Xtreme on April 12 or 19 sounds good, that'd give enough time to properly promote the event and allow people to plan for a further trip.

Battlecreek say Feb 15 or 22?

Tack and lopxtc - FYI TRW just won a bunch of huge aerospace contracts. If you don't mind moving out to California they're offering $5000 signing bonuses....

Ice-Child
12-04-2002, 10:24 AM
One, it doesnt matter to me when and or where. I can make either or both. Just let me know early enough so I can make plans for it.

Second-worr competition or worr domination paint. Are you nuts. They were giving that stuff away at IAO for testing. We shot about a half a case apeice and that is about as bad as Brass Eagle paint. Broke about every third ball. I switched to my race with the ACE and was still breaking paint. So think about it. If I can break paint with an anti chop eye. That schit has got to suck. Bud Orr said he isnt going to have anymore made either. So what ever you have is probably all you are going to get. He lost his azz on the paint deal. To many people out here already making paint for him to try and jump on the wagon now.

Speaking of paint. If everyone can tell me how much they need. I am willing to bring paint with me. Nitro Duck and or Nitro Duck Pro paint. I can get it for a good price, considering they are my teams sponsor. Ill bring it and you just pay me for it there. That is if anyone wants to use it. Also saying the we can bring our own paint. If its fpo, please no worr paint. If that is all the field has, I will bring a tippmann to play with. At least it can take the gunk that will be left in it and wont kill it. :P

Webmaster
12-04-2002, 10:37 AM
I might be able to make it - I live in KC. Ill keep an eye on this thread for when the date/place is nailed down.

dre1919
12-04-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm cool with the 15th and 22nd of February either one.

How about we make a motion for the 22nd? Does anybody have a problem picking that date out of those two?

ShooterJM
12-04-2002, 01:25 PM
I'll second the motion on Feb 22 and Battle Creek.

About Worr paint. I don't know what to say. I've used it and haven't had any issues with breakage, even without a level 10. However, I did here the stuff they had at the IAO was terrible.

Tack - Are there any alternatives that Rick is willing to go with as an alternative?

Skoad
12-04-2002, 01:40 PM
I probably won't make it to the battlecreek one, even though the new "compound" looks like fun. I have no car, no ride and its like 2 hours from rolla :(

Most likely can make it to the Xtreme one, since its like 10 miles from my house back home ;)

Tack
12-04-2002, 01:46 PM
I don't think Rick is carrying anythign but Worr Paint. He has several grades, the higher grade is not bad paint. I can talk to him about it, maybe he can get something else in for us to use but I doubt it. I really wish he would go back to marbelizer and all star. Those were good paints.

As for the date thing, Feb,22 sounds good to me.

dre1919
12-04-2002, 02:24 PM
I'm with Shooter and Tack on this one..I've never had an issue with Worr Paint either. My team and I have shot it before without incident. I'm diggin' on the 22nd at Battle Creek, sounds like the way to go.

Ice-Child
12-04-2002, 02:33 PM
I mean if I have to use it I will. Not saying Im gonna like it. I didnt have any luck with it. To be more precise. The store threw the last four cases of it away. No one wants to use it around here.

If he wont budge on the fpo, I will use the worr paint. But I wont be using my normal marker. I have several markers I can pick from. Its just I dont wanna take my race out there and run that paint through it.

Let me know what he says about the paint deal. I can go either way.

ShooterJM
12-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Anybody else want to chime in on the date or is Feb 22 at Battlecreek good? Once we get the date nailed down I'll submit this to Riotz.

Shane-O-Mac -- It'd probably be a good idea to use the Feb 22 meet as a kind of stepping stone to build up the meet at xtreme in april. My personal schedule is really up in the air for all of april (business travel), but hopefully I'll be able to make it out there. And april 12 is as good of a date as any. :D

Tack -- If you could check to see if Feb 22 is ok and see if there are options, I'd be gratefull.

Shane-O-Mac
12-04-2002, 06:14 PM
feb 22nd for battle creek sounds great. i will try and get a few greifers to come along with me. whatever paint they have should be fine, but maybe it should be suggested to buy some polar ice for that weekend, it may be pretty cold.

now, which date do you guys want for the xtreme AO meet? i want to get the date set by next week, so that i can get the ball rolling to let every AO'ER know that we will be having it. april 12th (big game) or april 19th or 20th (private game)

Hey ice-child, we ever met before? have you ever played at xtreme? i am the fat red headed guy on greif....lol. what i am curious about is, what do you mean that you wont shoot worr paint through your racegun? will certain paint brands ruin your gun or something? just wondering

Shane-O

zvanut
12-04-2002, 07:10 PM
im thinking private game for the xtreme meet

just my 2 cents

Vegeta
12-04-2002, 09:01 PM
I could possible make an extreme meet (Millstadt IL right?)

My mag has not performed the best the past 2 times i have played tho. dmn co2. I push it too hard.

So if it is in the summer/ late spring im okay. i think

Tack
12-05-2002, 12:05 AM
Shooter, I will check on Sunday when I am up there, I am sure we won't have any problems. Battle Creek has enough fields that we can get a private game togather on one while open play is ran on a nother. Another option is possibablly run a private game for the morning, and then go into open play if there is a good crowd that day.

Skoad
12-05-2002, 12:38 AM
If i'm correct Xtreme is in Fenton Missouri....i think mildstat is their mail address... (i think)

dcmander
12-05-2002, 12:53 AM
Make sure you guys get your official AO jerseys before the event!! :) :) :D We'll all look good.

I can probably make Feb22.. but I'm in Kansas City, how far away is Fenton?

Shane-O-Mac
12-05-2002, 01:04 PM
it is is millstadt IL, the mailing addy is fenton, but thats only a 20-25 minute diferrence. a few have expressed interest in the 19th or 20th date (which? sat or sun?)so it is leaning towards the 19th or 20th. keep posting your choice.
Shane-O

ShooterJM
12-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Well between the two I'd choose the 19th. That way I can drink with the people who shot me and still have sunday to recover! :D

EDIT: Hey I updated the first post of the thread with what I think is the current info. Shane, I put you down as the coordinator/host for Xtreme's AO day. Does anyone want to volunteer to be the coordinator for the Feb AO day?

lopxtc
12-05-2002, 09:29 PM
I will make the Xtreme one, but I will not be able to make the Battle Creek one.

Aaron

Tack
12-05-2002, 11:41 PM
Since I made the suggestion and it's my field, I guess I could get the ball rolling. I can get the framework set up Sunday when I am up there, then from there I will need to know how many. like Scootyd said, we need at least 10 to be able to play by ourselves.

Ice-Child
12-06-2002, 07:41 AM
Tack-I know how you feel. When I set up the one at Wacky Warriors. The post showed like 18 or so gonna make it. You were there. So you know the turn out. I will make both. Unless something drastic happens, count me in.

Shane-O-Mac-No, its not that it will mess it up. Its just that with the luck I had with the paint at IAO. I am very doubtful of it. Some people may be having good luck with it. I didnt thats for sure. It wont mess up my Race. Its just the cleaning time. I clean it after every use. I chop like 1 ball out of a case, on a very bad day. And thats me firing to fast is all. Normally, I dont chop at all. I just dont like to have to do a bunch of extra cleaning due to paint. When I could use a good paint that I know and have it cleaned and oiled in like 10 minutes.

Either way I will make both. Using fpo or byop. Prefer the later but can work with either. Just see if he will let us bring our own.

Sorry, am just a very picky person when it comes to my markers.

ShooterJM
12-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Tack
Since I made the suggestion and it's my field, I guess I could get the ball rolling. I can get the framework set up Sunday when I am up there, then from there I will need to know how many. like Scootyd said, we need at least 10 to be able to play by ourselves.

Good to hear! All in favor say aye. AYE! Opposed say nay..... Done. You're the Battle Creek coordinator. After sunday I'd submit the info to Riotz so it can go on the official list. Then we can start seeing who's gonna show.

dre1919
12-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Sweet. Well, I can tell ya I will defeinitely be there and I'm certain at least two of my team members will ride with me, and I'm about 90% sure I can get some girls to come too. I'll talk to everyone in my posse and then post back with what's up.

Ice-Child
12-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by dre1919
I'm about 90% sure I can get some girls to come

Tell me he did not just say that.

Just kidding :P

Bring them on. The more the merrier. Would love to see a big a@@ group out there kicking the crap out of open play, or another group.

After talking with my team mates. I know the one that was with me at Wacky will be thee. I think we have2 others that might be able to make it. Just have to wait and see. As the time gets closer I will have a better idea. But count on at least two of us being thee for dang sure.

GOD I LOVE THIS SPORT. ALMOST as good as sex.

Scorch
12-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Ice-Child, you should consider having your cocker tuned by Mark Bragg (G-Force Paintball). None of our cockers EVER Chop. Shane-O-Mac can surely attest to Mark's world class tuning skills. :) Check him out in APG April '02 Page 103

Feb 22 sounds good. Hopefully we will have a nice early MO Spring :D

Scorch

Tack
12-08-2002, 11:51 PM
OK guys, I have the basic frame work down for the meet. I will need to know how many players will be comming, who will need rental equipment, and a start time. I put down 10:00 as a start but if that is too early we can move it later if needed.

email me at tackmag03@aol.com if you are planning on going, also tell me if anyone is comming with you, and if there will be any rental equipment needed (M-98's)

Shane-O-Mac
12-08-2002, 11:55 PM
an update for the xtreme meet. the field owner is going to make the easter big game a "celebrity" big game and we will be having some industry people there. i cant reveal who we are working on getting, but it will be cool. so for the xtreme event it will be april 12th. one slight change will be that it will be FPO, but we will work a special price for AO members (details to be forthcoming). paint will be pmi products with several different levels available. plus we will be raffling off prizes.
Shane-O

ShooterJM
12-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Both days sound sweet! I'll find out if I can drag some people to play. Hey Tack, are there any hotels in the vicinity? I'm trying to convince one of my friends to go, but she doesn't relish the thought of camping....

dre1919
12-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Okay, I talked with some of my people and I've got some commits to go with me. My teammates Scotty (a.k.a "The Hatetrain") and Tyler (a.k.a "The Dirty Sanchez") will be there with me, as well as my female friends Lesley and Dawn. Scotty's wife might be able to go as well, and my brother might too. For now, I've got five confirmed (including me) though. Sounds like it should be a great day...hopefully the weather is nice to us.

Ice Child...that's funny.

Tack
12-10-2002, 11:29 AM
Kingdom City is less than 5 min. away on I-70. There are two or three hotels there. The field owners Rick and Ed are planning on talking with the management of those places and trying to get a discount for players. Also, If anyone is interested in big game/scenario games, Battle Creek is planning on running at least 4 this comming year. One will be part of a 4 game World War II series that includes D-Day in Ok. Another is a MXS production Packman and Mother came down last month and checked out the land and are very excited about running a game there.

lopxtc
12-10-2002, 11:36 AM
I will be making the Xtreme meet, but will not be able to make the other meet.

I will also check with the remnants of my team to see who would like to make it also.

Aaron

FeuerFri
12-11-2002, 02:12 PM
feb 22 would be cool, heh, 2 days before my 18th bday, so hopefully that'll be a good time. i am going to be getting out of high school at semester and i hope that i will be able to get a nice new emag for the event with my grad money and my new position at tacobell (crew trainer, i get paid more to pretend to like new people heheheh). i am going to try and get a friend or 2 to hopfully comewith me, i am 100% if either will come but the one guy told me he would.

i wanna make sure i am thinking of this correctly though as to battle creeks location. i get on 70, head up that way till kingdom city, get off on the exit with the McD's and ozarkland shop. turn left on the intersection and than it is on the left hand side of that road somewhere? this is coming from O'fallon/st.Charles area. i plan to get better directions i want to get a good idea as to where i am goin.

thanx alot to you guys who are rolling the balls and working those frames, hope we get a better turn out than the last time.

ShooterJM
12-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Ok so I tried to come up with a headcount for the Feb 22 meet. Please check, if I missed your name and you're planning on going, reply and let me know.

Tack
12-11-2002, 06:23 PM
FeuerFri, and all others who will be going west bound I-70. Go past the Kingdom City exit and get off at the Hatton Exit. It the next one past Kingdom City. Turn Right off th exit and follow the road. you will make three sharp turns, after the third turn you will began to see some of the fields. The Wooden fence is the Compound, past that are two speedball fields. Past the speedball fields you will find a fork in the road. Go to the left over the bridge. You will see a sign that says Cooked Creek Camp Ground and a road going up the side of a hill to the left. Turn there and follow the road to the top of the hill. You will see the battle creek store off to the left.

For East bound drivers, take the Hatton Exit and turn left. Take the same route as above.

ShooterJM
12-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Uppers, need a headcount.

FeuerFri
12-17-2002, 01:49 PM
sppplllaaaaaaaaat
ump
c'mon, get this stickyed, all the others get so

dre1919
12-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Shoota, I'll have five including myself. Mark it down, yo!

ShooterJM
12-17-2002, 04:43 PM
Sweet! Added it to the first post! That's a total of 11 right now. (IceChild, FeueFri, Tack, ShooterJM, dre1919 (+4), dcmander, scootyd )
Anyone else? Webby? TecnoRobo? Shane-o-mac?

Submitting the thread to Riotz.

Shane-O-Mac
12-18-2002, 01:14 AM
as of right now.......4-5 including me. but i might just play pump.......
Shane-O

ShooterJM
12-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Shane-O-Mac
as of right now.......4-5 including me. but i might just play pump.......
Shane-O

Cool, yeah tack mentioned he'd pm the interested people in January to check again. Pump eh? That'd be fun. If I can find all the pieces to my old trracer I'll throw that in the car as well!

Shane-O-Mac
12-19-2002, 12:21 AM
shooter,if you need a pump to play with, let me know, i will have an extra for you to play with. are you living in denver now? if so where at? i started playing in denver around 91.
Shane-O

ShooterJM
12-19-2002, 08:51 AM
Yeah I'm still in denver metro area. Just moved from Parker to Aurora. Yeah I first saw paintball in 90-91 in Connecticut. Gotcha guns!

dre1919
12-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Puttin' this back up on the opening page so it stays fresh in people's minds.

ShooterJM
01-02-2003, 11:39 AM
What a good idea! :D

Tack
01-02-2003, 01:12 PM
OK guys, I will be pm'ing everyone as soon as I get the time but if you want to, pm, or email me at tackmag03@aol.com if you are planning on going. I need to know how many of you will be attending as well as how many guest, as well as if anyone needs to rent equipment.

also, we need to set a time so everyone who is traveling can make it without being late. I put down 10:00 am for a start time when I set up the date but everything can be changed once we know when everyone can get there.

ShooterJM
01-02-2003, 01:16 PM
I'll probably be coming in on Friday, so 10's fine with me.

dre1919
01-02-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm like two hours from Columbia, so 10 would probably be cool. 11 wouldn't be half bad either, but I say that in regards to the late risers I have coming with me. I mean, c'mon, I'll have women coming with me! (ducking the flames now...) :D J.K.

AGDJon
01-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Maybe, just maybe, I will come down for a visit and say hi. If it happens to be on a free weekend (weekend I am not going out of town and the gf is free), i will head down and pay a visit for my fellow AO'ers as well as Neco buds in that area.

Tack
01-02-2003, 04:21 PM
For our little AO meet to be graced with the presance of the Master of Wang himself would be sweet. Perhaps he could bring down a new toy or two for a drawing;);) ;) Just a thought :D

Jon, it will be on Saturday Feb. 22 at Battle Creek Paintball.

ShooterJM
01-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Hmmmm a possible master wang presence!

That'd be cool if you can make it!

AGDJon
01-03-2003, 08:17 AM
I will let you all know if I can make it or not. It will be based on if there is an event (mardi gras or skyball) going on around that time. Let you all know :-)

Scootyd
01-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Way cool, now it is a possible celebrity event. I'm stoked.

sarpadian
01-03-2003, 12:12 PM
I am totally interested in making the April meet. Shane-O if you want to play pump, I will just have to polish up the old PGP and bring that with me.

I'm kind of on the fence for the Feb meet, so keep me in the loop if you could.

dre1919
01-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Bringin' this back up to the front page. Anyone else planning on dropping in?

lopxtc
01-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Again I am in for the April meet ... will have to make sure to bring my Sniper II with me for that one also.

Aaron

dre1919
01-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Once again, bumpin' this back to the main page for those who haven't seen it.

Tack
01-18-2003, 04:09 PM
OK Guys,

I have finished pm'ing everyone who even sounded remotely like they were interested. Please, PM or email me with the information so I can get things set up. Hopefully by then I'll have a new job and can afford paint.

Tack
01-23-2003, 12:16 PM
OK guys, Scootyed just told me about a scenario game that Battle Creek is holding on Feb 22. I havn't been to my field in a while because of the weather, football, and the fact I have no job and no money.

I am going up there this weekend to get the detailes. We could probablly still play as a group on one field, we could join into the scenario game (I am a scenario player myself so any chance I get I love to play). Or we can shoot for a different date.

Let me know what you all think

Skoad
01-23-2003, 12:28 PM
I really would like to come, but i have no ride.

If you guys decide to go for the scenario i might be able to convince some guys to go up there too. I go to school at Rolla. Hopefully someone else here wants to go :)

ShooterJM
01-23-2003, 12:46 PM
OK guys, Scootyed just told me about a scenario game that Battle Creek is holding on Feb 22. I havn't been to my field in a while because of the weather, football, and the fact I have no job and no money.

I am going up there this weekend to get the detailes. We could probablly still play as a group on one field, we could join into the scenario game (I am a scenario player myself so any chance I get I love to play). Or we can shoot for a different date.

Let me know what you all think

Yeah I saw that on their website. I've never played a scenario game, but they sound pretty fun. I'm up for that or on a seperate field, doesn't matter. Personally, the different date won't work for me, but if it works for everyone else I'd say switch it. Keep in mind that there's another in the works at Xtreme in April too.

dre1919
01-23-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm kind of in the same frame of mind. Whatever the group wants to do is fine. I've played scenario before and it's fun, and I think playing on our own field would be nice too. I can say for the people coming with me: my teammates would be all for either, but the two girls coming with me probably would rather play on our own and not scenario. But, ya know, it's an AO meet so members' needs should be met before any guests IMHO. Another date is fine too, just let me know what's goin' on.

Edit: That scenario game does look like fun, they need more details on it though. :)

Tack
01-23-2003, 04:12 PM
The only problem I have with another date is My baby is due at the end of March or early April. Thus, I shouldn't be planning too much past Feb.

Like I said, I love scenario games and We usually put on some good ones, even though they are rather small in comparison to others. If everyone wants to form a Special AO unit to play in the scenario, that's cool. Just keep the ideas up.

So far there are Me, Dre, and Shooter are for it, I talked to scootyed earlier and he is on the fence. I don't think he is too hip on a full day scenario in the middle of Feb. Let's pray that it will warm up by then.:D

Again, I will check on things on Sunday and know more about it then.

Skoad
01-23-2003, 05:44 PM
ok well i have me and 2-4 other guys ready to go wanting to play in the scenario...including my ride :)

ShooterJM
01-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Hmmm sweet. Well we could do the scenario, but if the girls haven't played before some of us could run a private game or two to let em get the hang of it. It's an AO meet, but it'd kinda defeat the purpose to not be friendly and make people more comfortble with paintball in general.

Skoad - Good to hear man! Glad you found transportation! The more people the better! :D

Skoad
01-23-2003, 10:42 PM
well, i doubt they will be using the speedball fields (at least maybe not ALL their fields for the scenario...maybe not at same time) I'm sure if they are cool at the field they'll let us kick around on other fields. Everyfield in MO i have played at the people who run them seem very cool and don't mind much.

Shane-O-Mac
01-24-2003, 12:16 AM
i may or may not go depending on wheather, but if ti is a scenario, that doesnt bother me...more targets...lol
Shane-O

Tack
01-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Sounds like we are still on for the 22. I'll talk to Rick this weekend on the detailes, They way the fields are layed out there may be some fields not being used but I don't know. As for first timers, I can't think of any beter type of game except perhaps just a walk on for players. The girls don't have to worry about being lit up as bad as if they were playing speedball, and it's a more focused type of game. Layed back but with a purpose.

When I get more info about entry fee and if we can set up our own AO unit I'll let you all know.

dre1919
01-24-2003, 01:04 PM
All I can say is, if we can roll in as an AO unit, we'll be bringin' the PAIN! P-A-I-N baby! "Mama said knock you out!" :D

AGDJon
01-24-2003, 02:38 PM
ok everyone,

because this is set for the weekend before Skyball, I cannot make any commitment at this time. I wil try to let you all know as soon as I can. I hope I have not disappointed anyone but will try my best. let me know guys

Jon

ShooterJM
01-24-2003, 02:52 PM
eh, if you can make it, that'd be sweet. But if not, no worries. That just means I'll have to fly my lazy butt out to a main event to meet everyone.

Skoad
01-26-2003, 12:42 AM
up

Tack
01-26-2003, 02:49 PM
OK Guys, I got the poop from Rick about the scenario game.

Since I suck at trying to scan pictures I'll just tell you what the flyer says.

The threat of a necular detonation is worse than ever. After the fall of the Soviet Union, sevarl small republics have controlled their arsenals of nuclear weapons. Now, a Far Left Extremist Group has seized a warhead and plan to detonate after launch from Siberia. The prevaling winds will carry the fall out toward the western seaboard and across the Americas. The U.N. has launched Operation : Frozen Arse. A specialized multi-national task force has been detached to locate and disarm the warhead. They must be stopped at all cost.

Avoid the rush & save. Prepaid entry is $20.00 and $60.00 for a case of paint (Diablo, They have switched back to Diablo because the War Paint sucked so bad)

Walk on Entry is $30.00 and $70.00 for a case of paint.

Registration begins at 7 AM
Player Orientation at 9 AM
Game Starts at 10 AM
Lunch Brake at 1 PM
Switch Sides and Resume play at 2PM
Game Ends at 5PM

Scores and Awards at 5:30 pm.

You can prepay by calling Battle Creek at 573-642-7246. Rick or Ed will fill out a recipt and mail it to you for conformation.

As for a AO Special Unit, Rick said that would be no problem. He only asks that we prepay so we can have a better head count as well as know how much paint to buy.

Also, If it is too hard for you to make it to the field by 9AM, Kingdom City has sevaral hotels. They are about 10 min. from the fields.

If you have any more questions call them or email/pm me or post here. If you are planning on attending let me know.

Thanks
Tack.

Skoad
01-26-2003, 03:03 PM
ok, hopefully im still coming, the cost scared off a couple of my friends but hopefully my ride still wants to go.

Tack, can you find out when the deadline for prepay is?

Tack
01-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Pre Pay deadline is probablly the week before the event. Sorry about the cost.

ShooterJM
01-27-2003, 08:09 AM
<===== Will definately have a hotel room. (Unless there's a nice warm front. Then I'll camp.)

ShooterJM
02-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey I got some info from rick about hotel rooms. PM me if anyone wants it.

Tack
02-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Rick has us starting as the UN forces. All we need to do is figure out how many AOers are planning to attend.

when you get signed up, drop me a e-mail or post here so We can keep count of how many.

Gerst
02-03-2003, 10:28 PM
I will be at both places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like it will be a good time. I have played at both places and for the most part like the fields they provide.
Can't wait to see all the Mags out there.

Gerst

ShooterJM
02-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Coolness! I'll preregister today. We should get some sort of staging area set up. Chairs, table, sign, etc.

PREPAID DEADLINE IS FEB 17! BEYOND THIS POINT YOU CAN'T CHOOSE SIDES. MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOU'RE WITH THE AO GROUP SO THEY PUT YOU ON THE UN TEAM.

Tack
02-05-2003, 04:17 PM
OK guys, here is the deal. I just talked with Perry today. He is the field boss at Battle Creek and is in charge of the game. Since we had originally planed to have our Meet and Greet that day he is giving us a discount on the entry fee. $10.00 plus paint cost, 60 or 70 a case depending on what you want. That is for pre regestration.

Give them a call and pre regester so they can get a good head count on the who will be there and can order paint. When you call tell them you are with AO and they will make sure they put you in with the red team. We will start out the day with the UN forces attacking the Russians.

Also, for you scenario players out there, Bill Bayley will be there with two of his tanks and about 20 people. As far as I know he will be placed on the read team to start the game. The UN forces will have Bill's tanks and the Russians will have a single Dune-Buggy style tank.

What I need from you is to pre regester and let me know so I can plan accordingly. Unless someone else steps up I may end up being the Red Team commander. If so, I would like to have a decient list of how many people I will have on my team.

ShooterJM
02-05-2003, 04:26 PM
heheeh sweet! yet again procrastination and laziness has helped me! (forgot to preregister after my last post).

$10 for a scenario game! Can't beat that!

EDIT: Um....anyone over 21 and gonna be around kingdom city the night of the 21st......?

ShooterJM
02-10-2003, 04:02 PM
TTT. Only two weeks.

More importantly though. Has anyone had trouble trying to preregister? I've called on four seperate occasions now (during posted store hours) and haven't been able to get ahold of anyone.

Scootyd
02-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Shooter: The best time to call and get someone is between 5:30p.m. and 7:00p.m. If you can't reach someone then let me know, I'll be headed over to register this weekend.

Note to all: Accuweather.com forcasts temps in the low 50's but icy rain the two previous days so prepare for mud. :)

Tack
02-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Have you tried on the weekend? They recently changed shop workers and are still trying to work out the bugs with people working there.

Keep trying, I'll try to get things cleared up asap.

Who is planning on going? As far as I can tell it's just me and Shooter. No one else has emailed me or posted that they are definatlly going to be there. C'mon guys, I need to know as soon as possible.

Remember, the $10.00 entry and cheeper paint only works if you sign up before the 17th.

dre1919
02-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Yo! Yeah, my buddies Tyler, Leslie, Scott, and I will be there for sure. I will call and pre-register either tonight or tommorow, so when it's actually inked in I'll PM you Tack. We got tanks for this? Wow...this your little sister's scenario game!

Shooter...yeah man, Tyler, Scott and I will be staying with some female friends I have in Columbia, about 25 minutes away from Kingdom City. We're gonna be going out Friday night, so if the AO'ers over 21 wanna hit the town let me know. We'll meet up and hit the bars. Everyone let me know if you guys want to go out Friday night.

ShooterJM
02-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Sweet!

Anyone heard from skoad, icechild, shaneomac, fuerifrie, gerst, or agdjon or anyone?

Tack
02-10-2003, 07:12 PM
I may be able to go out Friday night. I know several good spots, depending on what you all are looking for.

I got an email from fuerifrie, He can't make it. As for everyone else, I havn't heard. I'll shoot a email out to them tomorrow when I have some time.

Is anyone who is comming interested in stepping up to be the Red Force Commander? I could do it if no one else wants to but thought I would ask.

If you are interested in being the commander let me know, and tell Rick, Ed, or Perry when you call. Also, there is the Rules and Regs, as well as the points list on the web sight, so if you need any more info check the sight out.

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Gotcha, if ya need help emailing people let me know and I can do half or something.

As far as I'm concerned the whole red commander thing is all you! I just have no interest in that whatsoever!

I edited the first post of this thread with all the pertinent information.

dre1919
02-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey Tack, I'll command the Red Force if you don't want to. It's no biggie to me...I captain our Team Voodoo (haven't ran that into the ground yet ;) ) and I've done scenario before. But, it's up to you. I didn't get a chance to call them last night, but I will tonight. Big up's to you for securing that cheaper entry for us AO'ers...very cool. Anyway, I am definitely four people strong up there that weekend, so at least we have six now I guess. As for going out Friday night, I used to date a girl in Columbia (albeit some time ago) so I'm familiar with the bars there, but I'm sure we can come up with something cool between us all. I say we hit the bars and then go get Shooter a full back tattoo...but that's me.

AGDJon
02-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Guys,

I won't be able to make it to the event as I have way too many plans for skyball. I do apologize ahead of time but intend to make the next one if there are no other conflicting events scheduled around that AO meet. :( I hope everyone has a great time:)

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 09:52 AM
No worries! Theres another one Shane-O-Mac is throwing in April too.

I say we hit the bars and then go get Shooter a full back tattoo...but that's me.

Hmmm let me explain somethign here. On sunday I'm drinving down to springfield to see some friends. One particular young woman has a great affinity toword my curly hair......that I shaved off like 3 weeks ago. :p I'm gonna be in enough trouble just because of that! :D :D

Tack
02-11-2003, 10:38 AM
lmao, I kinda liked the idea.

Dre, If you want to run Red Force it's yours, Everyone tries to get me to command teams because of my military background and I am fairly successful at it, but usually I just like to play. I'm sure I'll get roped into running a platoon at D-Day this year. :rolleyes:

As for Friday night, Depending on what everyone likes to do, There are several types of bars, Country, Pop, or techno.

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Don't really care, but a country bar will require more beer..... ;) And I'd have to buy a cowboy hat!

dre1919
02-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Man...that would have made a great story too...the whole "Shooter got a full back tattoo at this AO meet!" thing, but it's eye-ite. :D

Actually, my friend Lesley that's coming with me just got her first tattoo a week ago. Anyway, that all sounds cool to me with leading "Red Force"...I'll make sure I mention that to the homies at Battle Creek when I call tonight. Any of you guys that want to meet up and hit the bars Friday night I guess just PM me some cell numbers or we could just decide on a place and a time.

Tack
02-11-2003, 01:45 PM
OK. I just shot off emails or PM's to Sarpadian, Shane-O-Mac, Ice Child, Dcmander,Scorch, Skoad, and Gerst. Hopefully they will be contacting me about their intentions.

As for meeting up. The best bet would be probablly to meet at someone's hotell room. That way we won't have any out of towners running around Columbia lost. :D

Sarpadian can't make it.

AGDJon
02-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Gonna "classic" this thread as it is coming up very soon guys :)

Tack
02-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks Jon. Too bad you can't make it. Hopefully I can make the April meet and catch up wit you.

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 01:59 PM
As for meeting up. The best bet would be probablly to meet at someone's hotell room. That way we won't have any out of towners running around Columbia lost. :D

Heheh wise idea. Well is anyone else even getting a hotel room? I had the impression everyone was local-ish....

As soon as I figure out which fine hotel I'll be staying in (hmmmm super 8 or red carpet inn, how can you decide between those!) I hereby volunteer my room.

Tack
02-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Shooter, are you staying in Columbia or Kingdom City?

I would volunteer my house but that would mean more directions and I think my Wife would kill me.;) ;)

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Shooter, are you staying in Columbia or Kingdom City?

I would volunteer my house but that would mean more directions and I think my Wife would kill me.;) ;)

Well the hotels rick sent me were in Kingdom city. How far from columbia is that?

Heheeh no worries man!

Skoad
02-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Anyone going through Rolla on the way there and back that doesn't mind picking up a stranger? :)

Tack
02-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Columbia is further west past Kingdom City. About 30 min. or so. There are alot more places to stay there but it is a longer drive.

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Hmmm you're what, like 60 miles south of kingdom city? Right off of 44-ish. If you can get there I can give you a ride back, have to get to bolivar that night anyway.

EDIT: Tack, if everyone is gonna be in columbia then I'll pull up good ol yahoo travel and see what hotel's are lookin like there. Either that or I'll check in and drive out to columbia.

dre1919
02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Shooter, it's probably just as easy to stay in Columbia really. It's like 30 minutes from Kingdom City like Tack said, and you might have a lot more choices. Me and my crew will be leaving early in the morning Saturday to get out there so you could just tag along right behind us.

I called Battle Creek and confirmed 3+1 for me and my attendees. I'm trying to get this other girl Dawn to join in, so who knows, maybe she'll join late. I also mentioned I might either be leading the Red Force per Tack's decision not to lead it, or maybe just leading the AO "Special Forces". The guy was crackin' me up because he was all excited my team was going to be representin' there three strong. I was like "Well, we're not famous or anything, just somewhat known in KC" and he was like "It's cool, nobody else knows that so maybe that'll draw some more in." :D

Look at us...becomin' celebrities!! Ok, well, maybe not.
But it was still amusing. Anywho, should be a great time all the way around. I might even have my custom grips back from Heather (Frymarker) to show off. From what I understand they are sweeeeet. ;)

Tack
02-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Heather is makeing me some stuff as well. I already have a set of her Emag grips. You can see them in her hall of fame. They are EMag grips with Black Widow spiders and black swerls through the clear resin.

I am haveing her make me a clear battery pack with a spider web design in it, as well as a small clear Hall Sensor plate with a spider web.

Once those come in and I get my new body from Extreme Depot, I'll be able to fix up my Intimidation Technologies Black Widow E-Mag.

too bad the bodies won't be ready until after the meet.

I could probablly talk one, maybe a couple of friends to join me for the Friday night, Pre Game actvities. Don't know if they will play or not the next day.

ShooterJM
02-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Sweet! Yeah, maybe I'll just do that then.

Hey yeah, you guy's will get to see the "Not really famous at all, but I'm gonna go ahead and pretend like it is cause I like it and Tyson Machado did an unbelievable job on it" Dragon Mag! :D

Shane-O-Mac
02-12-2003, 12:43 AM
sorry guys i cant make it, work issuse have gotten outta hand and i cant make it. sorry to all, but we will still be having the AO meet in april at our field. have fun everybody!
Shane-O

Scorch
02-12-2003, 10:24 AM
I'm in the same boat as Shane... work is totally in the way of getting play time right now.

'hope everyone has a blast!

Scorch

ShooterJM
02-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Preregistered last night! Now just need to buy a impy parts kit and maybe an eggo! :D

Tack
02-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Good Deal. If anyone has walkie talkie radios bring them along. They are allowed in Scenario games. I have two so if anyone needs one I could probablly lend one out. Also, I have a grenade launcer that can be used to kill tanks. The bugs in the launching system havn't been compleatly worked out but it still works fairly well. If anyone wants to use it. It is kind of heavy but it is the only way to kill a tank. We'll probablly need them in the afternoon when we are the bad guys.

ShooterJM
02-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Yeah I think I have like 4 of those 3 mile ones lying around somewhere. I'll see if I can find em and bring em.

dre1919
02-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Me and my people all have radios, so we're good to go on that.

ShooterJM
02-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Unless somethign weird changes from now and tomorrow I'll be staying in Kingdom City. For the same hotel it's around $20 less per night. No way I'm gonna drop $90 a night on a freakin red roof in! I'll meet you guys in columbia after I check in and drop all my gear off.

dre1919
02-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Sounds cool. My buddy buck 50 just joined up here on the boards, and he's one of the guys coming with me from my team. I've got the girls that are coming with us working on finding some clubs for us to go to Friday night...should be a great time.

Tack
02-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Well, Blue Note and DeJa Vue are good for the eye candy and popular dance mix. Tonic has the best drinks and has a house dj that mixes his own stuff. Really good Techno-Rock.
By Georges is more for the younger crowd (decent drink specials, but not too exiting).

If we all need to meet in Columbia, we should think of a decient place that everyone can find to meet up.

I'm thinking someplace near I-70 since that is localized to everywhere.

Who wants to be in charge of the phone calls. It would probablly be better if someone comming in to town would handel it since they will be the ones traveling and can call when they get situated.

ShooterJM
02-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Who wants to be in charge of the phone calls. It would probablly be better if someone comming in to town would handel it since they will be the ones traveling and can call when they get situated.

Hmmm Tonic sounds good. But I'm gonna leave it up to the local experts for the final decision. I'm up for 99.9% of all bars.

I'll volunteer to be the phone call meister. Everyone hit me with a PM with a number you can be reached at (and real name would be cool, I'll feel like a horse's posterior saying "um hi....is dre1919 or tack there" ).

By the way, my names Jeff, friends call me shooter. (Hence the screenname). :D

Tack
02-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Yesterday I was talking to the field owner Rick. He said that Bill Bailey will be comming in on Thursday or Friday and they are planning on going out as well. Their interest are more along the lines of the Gentlemans Club in Columba, Club Vogue. Rick invited the AOers along if you all want to. I really don't care myself but if you want to let me know.

ShooterJM
02-17-2003, 04:15 PM
hmmm I could see the ladies in the group having a problem with that option....

But what's everyone's opinion? Personally I like having assets being shook in my face, but I refuse to pay for it. ;)

dre1919
02-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Actually, the ladies in the group probably won't have a problem with that. ;) I'll mention it to them.

ShooterJM
02-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by dre1919
Actually, the ladies in the group probably won't have a problem with that. ;) I'll mention it to them.

Hmmmm. This begs the question....do they play for the other team or are they just that cool? :cool: Cause either way I might make an exception to my rule! :)

Tack
02-18-2003, 12:27 PM
I have been ther on occasion and there have always been quite a fuew ladies there. They won't be the only ones. Let me know what everyone thinks. It this idea is a go I'll have to call Rick and set things up.

ShooterJM
02-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Gotcha, do they serve alcohol there?

Tack
02-18-2003, 05:33 PM
As far as I know it is bring your own in. It will cost some. There is a store next to it that sells stuff.

dre1919
02-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

Hmmmm. This begs the question....do they play for the other team or are they just that cool? :cool: Cause either way I might make an exception to my rule! :)

Yeah, they play for the other team alright. However, they make a nice, cute couple (neither are butch in any way). They're some cool girls guys, it should be fun playing with them Saturday.

buck 50
02-18-2003, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShooterJM
[B]hmmm I could see the ladies in the group having a problem with that option....

LOL Team Voodoo girls have no problems with debauchery of any kind. Trust them with you life but not your money or your wife.

ShooterJM
02-19-2003, 01:28 PM
lol nice.

Hey as long as I can get moderately lubricated I'm good to go! Cover charges are cover charges, can't get away from em. ;)

Tack
02-19-2003, 11:27 PM
It's getting closer to game on. Do you all know when you will be hitting town? Also, what are the plans. I need to know if we are planning on joining Rick and Bill at the club or go on our own.

dre1919
02-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Yeah Tack, I just sent you a PM about it. Basically, it breaks down where one of the two girls going with my group didn't want to go to the strip club (I think she gets jealous :D ). So, it's lookin' like my little group will have to hit the conventional bars out of respect to them (they are supplying us with a place to stay). However, if you all want to go to the strip club that's totally understandable. If not, we can make a plan for somewhere everyone can enjoy. My group should be getting to town around 7:30 - 8:00pm.

ShooterJM
02-20-2003, 11:40 AM
I'm planning on trying to roll into town around 3 or 4. Will leave colorado this evening to cut down on traffic and officers of the law who disagree with me on what exactly the definition of "limit" is......

I'd prefer a conventional bar, but maybe we could meet up with rick and his group at a normal bar before they hit the nudie?

Tack
02-20-2003, 11:43 AM
I can give them a call and maybe try to figure somethign out. My Wife is sick right now and it will depend on how she is feeling if I can go tomorrow night. I think she got a bit of food poisoning last night. Being 34 weeks along and sick it not a fun thing.

ShooterJM
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Oh man. Hope she feels better soon man! Understood if you can't come out! If it'll throw you in the doghouse don't do it, not worth it! ;)

dre1919
02-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey Jeff, I talked to Lesley and Dawn and they have a short list of places we can go that are conventional bars and have a good time at. So, I guess we can all meet up in Columbia there in the early evening and then just decide from there. It's starting to look like the consensus is heading toward the regular bar scene instead of the nudie club though. Tack, hope she feels better.

Tack
02-20-2003, 02:00 PM
She is starting to feel alittle better. I'm sure by tomorrow night she will be fine. Just don't want to make any set in stone plans until I know. Still keep me in the loop on where we are meeting at. As of now it is a 50/50 chance for tomorrow night.

dre1919
03-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Just thought I'd post a follow up for anyone who wanted to know. We had the AO Missouri meet and had a modest turnout from what we originally had planned. Tack, Scooty D, ShooterJM, buck50 and I (+2) showed up and that was it. But, it was still a good time and a pleasure meeting all of these forum members...ya'll are some good guys. We had a decent day of scenario, although it was colder than all hell! :) We (the Red Team) probably should have cleaned house, but we managed to have some issues with reinforcement and supply that contributed to our "losing" of the day. Of course, our main problem was the rampant cheating going on...but, ya know, we played anyway and had fun. So anyway, for those of you who didn't make it up hopefully you can make the next one.

ShooterJM
03-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Yep I had a blast meeting everyone! It was my first scenario game and to be truthful I'm not sure if I like them. It was fun playing with objectives and stuff, but there was more wiping going on there then at a diarriah convention! It was pretty fun though! I'll get off my lazy butt and get the pics up before too long.

dre1919
03-06-2003, 04:16 PM
What's really wierd is seeing how much I've evolved in ten years playing. I started out playing woods ball and scenario type games and moved into tournaments and speedball. This scenario game only served to illustrate to me just how much I love speedball, hyperball, and bunker field games. Give me the fast paced action, gear being right next to the field, breaks between games to watch and scout others, and everything else that goes with it any day over woods ball. But, it was definitely an experience. Especially when me and my buddy Hatetrain swept through the trailer compound cleaning room to room like the DEA. That, and seeing him fire a gas powered bazooka was probably the funniest thing I've seen in months. That was cool. :D There was A LOT of wiping and reinsertion cheating happening, as well as home cooking since the refs were kids and friends of the blue side. We racked up several hundred points by objectives being met, yet somehow we ended up with like 25. Riiiight. Anyway, Shooter, you ever wanna play some Missouri tourneys we be glad to have ya on the team. :cool:

ShooterJM
03-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah, and let me tell you how much I don't like running through the woods on unfamilier ground. I think I fell on my face, down ravines, and tripped over logs at least 6 times. Although I did learn the important lesson of "Don't jump over a ravine if A) you don't know how deep it is and B) you don't know what's at the bottom"

Cool man, if I end up getting a job in the KC area I might have to take you up on that offer.

buck 50
03-06-2003, 05:15 PM
The paint ball Gods will deal with the refs in there own way.
That said they have chosen to work threw me.
God forgives but BUCK 50 does not forget.

dre1919
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Pics yet, Shooter? Anyone? Bueller? :D

ShooterJM
03-26-2003, 12:07 PM
cough....um right pics.

Hey maybe I'll go ahead and pick em up from the photo place today....... Think a week or two is long enough to get em developed? :D sorry guys!

buck 50
03-27-2003, 12:01 AM
I have some too. I will get on that this weekend.

Chronobreak
02-24-2004, 10:40 PM
LETS GET ANOTHER AO-MO day up i for one would be proud to bring my calssic rt out or maybe even my new karta ;)

dre1919
04-18-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm down for another Missouri AO meet, but this time let's have it in KC. We went out to Columbia last time, and few people showed up. I think we had something like four AO'ers out there. I know we can get way better attendance than that! Some of you other AO Missouri types...sound off here. Let me know what you think about another AOMO day in KC. We can make it happen.

JuggaloDave
04-19-2004, 01:20 AM
i'd be down to goto an aomo meet, dont know if i could get all the way to kc though. isnt there an indoor feild out in rolla? that is kinda like and inbetween point isnt it? correct me if im wrong, i dont have a map in my immediant veiw.

Chronobreak
04-22-2004, 02:40 PM
yeah i rolla would work for me uhm...kinda hard to plan this on the 8th page of a thread think we should start another? either way i think near STL orthe other side of MO should work for most people lmk if around stl; i can try and work soem things out with local fields one in of them is just over in ILL but my neighbor owns it so maybe we could get a special deal or something i dono

lopxtc
04-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Jumping back into this thread to see where it goes ... I might be able to make one in KC.

Aaron

WaStEd TaLeNt
04-28-2004, 09:50 AM
I could do KC, or Rolla, it's about the same drive from here...

dre1919
04-30-2004, 04:25 PM
I agree with the above post about making a new thread. This thread was dedicated to AO MO #1 so it'll get confusing if we start talking too much about a potential AO MO #2. I'll start up a fresh one now so look for it on the main page.