PDA

View Full Version : Made my normal barrels work for vert. feed

Sinnet
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Figured out today that if I put two o-rings in each slot of my barrel and make sure I keep them lightly oiled, I can twist the barrel around so that the hole lines up with the feed tube, and it stays there better than a twist-lock!

Very happy that I dont need new barrels!

is there any reason that this isnt a good idea?

j.t.
11-25-2002, 08:09 PM
Gonna be real fun trying to get out if those o-rings swell any :D

Will Wood
11-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Yes..this might be a permanent thing...:)

I'll try my mag friday night like this (P/F but still the same idea.) and see if it can hold up.

Sinnet
11-25-2002, 08:34 PM
change of plans- 2 o-rings in each slot was too much if it went for more than an hour unoiled. 1 in the slot closest to the gun and 2 in the farther slot works perfect...

and pipe down Maine penut gallery! sheesh :p

JEDI
11-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Theres a better option if you wanna swith your barrel. Damageinc54 here on AO can mill your barrel to work for a center feed. He charges $25 for one, and $15 for each additional. His feedback from other customers here on AO is great. I have two barrels being worked on right now actually. A boomstick, and a Freak back. He claims to have about a week - to week 1/2 turn around, and his customers have said the same thing. Check him out, Its worth it. You can have 3 barrels done for less then the price of one new barrel.

jah871
11-25-2002, 10:35 PM
all you have to do is drill a little indent so the twist lock stays, its rather easy and took me about 10 minutes to do 4 or 5 barrels. hes getting $25 a barrel and $15 for an additional?? sheesh maybe i will start doing that too. although he may be using a different method.

damageinc54
11-26-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by jah871
all you have to do is drill a little indent so the twist lock stays, its rather easy and took me about 10 minutes to do 4 or 5 barrels. hes getting $25 a barrel and $15 for an additional?? sheesh maybe i will start doing that too. although he may be using a different method.

I do it on a CNC mill and I use carbide tooling. I have a fixture that I made that lines up the barrels for centerfeed while it mill them so I know I am in the exact spot that the barrel needs to be in the gun. With my modification your barrels work just like any other twist lock barrel would and it will not move in the gun unless you remove it. I do a professional job that any custom shop would charge you far more for and I drop my price for additional barrels. Return shipping to the customer is also included in my price.

jah871
11-26-2002, 06:18 AM
so you are making a whole new groove? if so then it is definately worth the $25.:)

FESTUS33
11-30-2002, 07:44 PM
My barrels are all T-Slotted,
So I just went to my mill with
a spot drill and lightly drilled
detent spot's at the end of the
slot. Some of them I have to
loosen the main body screw to get
off, but it beat's the heck
out of shooting you're barrel out.;)

mrhooie
11-30-2002, 08:16 PM
well, i didnt use normal agd orings for my freak back (or lapco barrel) but I use my PF barrels on my CF mag. I just line up the hole and it's all good