PDA

View Full Version : Emag Wired Warp Feed Problem

Whitt_travis
11-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey guys, I just purchased a new Emag, and I was wondering if there was anyway to kick down the spin on my warp... Please read the whole thing before giving a reply.

Alright, I just bought a Emagnum with warp setup, I crack open the warp to adjust the spin, and I find that the PC board has been removed, and now the intellifeed is wired directly to the motor, the whole warp is run on 18 volts. Is there anyway to kick down the spin on the warp to about a half turn? it appears to be spinning about 2 times around now? Anyone have a cheap solution?

Schnitzel
11-25-2002, 11:20 PM
emagnum boards are designed to fire at faster rates than the stock board, so one that designs a board to link to the warp would also want it to keep up with the new rates, and so get the warp to spin faster, right? have you tried actually firing the marker as is? seems to me like it was tweaked because it may not have been keeping up with the marker...

it also looks like you'll have to consult the person you bought it from...with a modification like that, they're bound to know the gun inside out, and most likely the reasoning behind the modification.

Whitt_travis
11-26-2002, 05:45 PM
I tinkered with it, I was worried it would double feed and break balls in the breech, but, the friction slip seemed to do the trick after I played with it.

kilaueakid
11-27-2002, 12:49 AM
There is a way to shorten the spin on the emagnum board. It runs off from a 2nd solenoid output that can be adjustale in miliseconds for everytime the marker is fired. It sounds to me like it may be spining to long every time it fires. If it goes 2 times around, that may start giving you problems with fragile paint. Seeing that you are from the cold north as well, I as sure you play during cooler months:D . I would look into contacting Donngie or Butterfingers for some instructions on how to adjust the solenoid 2 output.

I do think it is a cool feature that you can use the board to do the work for the warp, or any hopper for that matter as it not only inteli's what you are hooked up to, it powers it directly through the board to whatever your gun power source is (18 volt assuming it is used on emags).

I wonder how it would handle a Halo? Hope this info helps. I have some instruction sheets for the emagnum, however I don't recall the solenoid dwell on it. There was a statement to call them to ask how to do it. Did you get instructions when you purchased the gun? If not pm me and I will send to you what I have.

Rob aka Kila

Team Throttle

Whitt_travis
11-27-2002, 06:03 PM
I've emailed Butters and Don and they both didn't reply. But, I don't think it will be too big of a problem, I've been using some old diablo paint in it, and it's been spinning and not breaking fine.

sniper1rfa
11-27-2002, 06:50 PM
ok, this is a stretch, but anyway...
the programming *might* be the same as the morlock, considering its the same board.

turn the gun off. hold the trigger down and turn it back on. pull the trigger 5 times. wait a second, then pull it 3 times (because we have no idea what its set to). wait a secoond then pull it 30-50 times. this will set solenoid two (your intellifeed) to 30-50 ms, which should be right, or about so. 30 ms would be pushing it, 50 would be a safe number.

Whitt_travis
11-27-2002, 08:46 PM
doesn't seem to be doing anything, let me try some more

Whitt_travis
11-27-2002, 08:53 PM
That's not working, I've played with it by looking at the instruction sheet for the Emagnum board... Well, it isn't a big deal, but it would be nice to shorten the spin time.