PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Problem

Bazaro
11-25-2002, 09:35 PM
I'm having some trouble with my mini. It it almost acting like a RT (don't have an RT), I pull the trigger about half way and it fires like 3-4 times and pushes back harder than normal. It also fires when I pull hard on the trigger with the safety ON, and it goes into fully auto (only about 3-5 shots per second but it's still full auto).

I have a Benchmark Double trigger frame and a Minimag 4 star valve. All the o-ring and everything look fine, and it's oiled and clean. Any help would be much appreciated. I've attached a pic so you can see what I have on my setup.

la690
11-25-2002, 10:59 PM
take that broken 4 star valve and send it to agd so they can make it a working 3 star valve at only the cost of shipping.:D

Bazaro
11-26-2002, 02:38 AM
Actually I think I fixed it, I adjusted the sear a little. I screwed the piece that pushes the trigger back. It seems to have fixed it, but I'll have to test it a little more when I get some N2.

Schnitzel
11-26-2002, 10:57 AM
please be VERY careful about adjusting your sear length! there should be no reason it should have misadjusted in the first place, unless you bought it used; those sear rods are pretty hard to adjust.

benchmark frames are also notoriuosly bad for excess trigger pulls and side-to-side slop. you may have made your situation worse with that adjustment, just be extra careful!

digitard
11-26-2002, 12:25 PM
**cough**INTELLIFRAME**Cough**

:)

Hope you did fix your problem though...

Sincerely
Dave K

Bazaro
11-26-2002, 07:47 PM
I switched from the stock body rail to the ANS, that is why it needed slight adjusting. I was careful and the sear is fine.

Yeah the benchmark does have a lot of slop front, and the sides. I'm probably going to fix that sooner or later. But for now it's not a problem, I live in Alaska and usually at this time of year it's too cold to play.

But yeah, I'm going to be getting a intelliframe when I get the money for it, unless I get one from Saint Nick ;).