PDA

View Full Version : mag resale value...

tommyd46290
11-25-2002, 10:05 PM
whats the deal with it latly? is it less demand for used mags or what? maybe Tom can tell us. I love my baby but im dissapointed to se appraisal value on it. Im just wondering why it is so low right now. any one have answers. maybe this will become a classic thread or something

spazzed
11-25-2002, 10:13 PM
E-mags & the Extremes. Demand sky-rockets for those & falls for the others. 'Tis the nature of the beast. :rolleyes:

Ityl
11-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Because people can spend the same amount and get a nice used electro or a new cheap electro.

digitard
11-26-2002, 11:50 AM
Cause new players like the flashy "oohs" and "ahhhs" guns ... they dont take the time to learn about whats truly the best in the long run.

Whats funny, is if you try to sell it to a store/etc who's going to be selling it to a player who's buying a first/etc gun they will give you a low appraisal, but if you find an experienced player they will give you top dollar for it cause they know what its about.

I love my mag, I wouldn't sell it .... at the most I might give it to a new player if I got an Emag or something or a friend who wants to play more often so they can have the same love for it I did.

Sincerely,
Dave K

FrAuStY
11-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Agreed.. you can have my mag... AFTER YOUR PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD ROTTEN FINGERS!

Anything you buy no depreciates..unfortunately mags get the sour end of the deal. The reason I say sour end is because the gun can be 5 yrs old or 5 days old.. and they're both in great shap and both will give you 15+ yrs of play without any major problems. That is why I'll never buy anything but a mag!

tommyd46290
11-26-2002, 01:06 PM
i personally have a mag and a cocker and even with the "cocker craze" thats been going on and the used market being flooded with cockers their price still remains up there above mags. neither are really a better gun in my opinion thats why i own one of each and not 2 mags or 2 cockers. still lacking the real concrete evidence on why resale value is so bad. im hoping to get mr. kaye in here:)

Shirow
11-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Because people know nothing about mags and people think they know everything about cockers.

benzy2
11-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Well it could be cause we are in a technical depression as a country. That could have a part to do with it. I also think because you can get a lot of the spyder electros for less then a mag. So cause it is branded electro people flood to it. i Also think the amount of time the gun has been out with reletively little change(not emag or x mag and other then lvl ten). I mean even though the guns are still great they have been around without changes. That is just what a newb sees. I bought a new rainmaker for 100 instead of another mag that was used. I just thought i would try a different gun that was electro and very cheap. So mags drop in price as the demand drops. I mean look at the demand for the xmag. That has to take away from used classic and minimag sales.

tommyd46290
12-08-2002, 07:48 PM
any one else?

pballguy17
12-08-2002, 07:52 PM
There are alot of mags out there, which make them sell for less b/c there is more compition. Also in this day of age people want a gun that does 20BPS, even tho their gun can't handle it. Also they like the flashy looks. =\. i only wish my mag would b easier to fire at higher rates... hopefully LX for christmas will help that ;)

TheTramp
12-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Ityl
Because people can spend the same amount and get a nice used electro or a new cheap electro.

This is probably the main issue now. Before it was the "blender" myth that is now starting to go away due to the L10.

Magget25
12-09-2002, 04:14 AM
with so many on the boards, you cant really sell a stock mag for $350-400. when you can get a used emag now for 600-750.I can look one the board right now and find 10-15 mags for sale. so right that takes one a good bit of money. anyone who knows what a good mag is, will know how much to offer. i dont have level 10 on my mag and i hardly ever chop balls, i shot about 700 balls last time i played and only broke one, not sure is chop or barrel back. alot of newbies are coming in to the sport looking for the best looking gun,not for a good shooting gun.i love my mag, it shoot so good, the only thing i would trade it for is a emag. but onyl really play rec. ball so emag is too much money for just rec. ball.