PDA

View Full Version : AA Raptor Rex question

minion450
11-25-2002, 10:41 PM
does anyone know anything about the Air America Raptor Rex? I have e-mailed the tech support at AA the first time they tip toed around it, the second time they tried to get me to buy the armageddon. I don't know much about the armageddon and if i was going to buy a new tank it would be the flatline or a preset screw in.

Anyway my Rex is recharging very slow. After about 3 shots i get sever shoot down. I can actualy hear it recharging. I don't remember being able to hear it before. I replaced the regulator seat, i don't know what else to do. I have nothing for my new RT Pro without this. I have turned to the AO comunity becuase you have never let me down before.

Mossman
11-25-2002, 10:45 PM
I don't think this is your issue, but i'll let you know my experiences anyways.

Anyhow, I tossed a raptor rex for the first time on my LCD. I had no guages on the LCD so I didn't know what PSI I was feeding my minireg, but giving it 575psi last week was fine.

Anyhow, I started turning the rex up until what i guessed was around 600, a couple cranks after my velocity seemed to stabilize.

Anyhow, it worked for a litte while then just wouldnt recock. I think it started when I broke a ball, and it felt like the bolt wasn't even getting past the detent. I got REALLY angry, and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I started to unscrew my raptor adjuster thingy and accidentally touched the trigger. POP! voila, it worked just fine.

Anyhow, moral of the story, I don't know if the problem was in the rex, minireg, or angel, but after turning my pressure down it worked like a champ. You may not get as much reactivity, but just for good measure turn it down and see if the recharge gets any better.

best i could do -sorry
-Sam

minion450
11-25-2002, 11:06 PM
you maybe right. Like you said there are no output gauges on the reg so that is a problem. I turned it up until it started leaking threw the hole on the screw. so i turned it down a bit guessing it was around 800. but for all i know it could be at 1000 still. Maybe i will put my regulator back on my angel and see if it works that way. but i don't think so. Like i said you can hear it recharging. Like streaching ticks

Shane-O-Mac
11-26-2002, 03:19 AM
best thing to do is to send it to Air America (lifetime warranty) and let them go through it. call Air America (847-545-9999) and ask for ted, tell him that Shane-O-Mac sent ya, he will take care of you. you will have to pay for shipping to them, but they will return ship it and completly rebuild and fix it for no charge, as long as you have all AA parts in there. it sounds like it just needs rebuilt, cleaned and lubed. i used a rex for 2 years (on about 6 different guns) with no problems with its recharge rate. also if you replaced the reg seat with a mag seat that can have an adverse effect on the reg. the seats look similar, but they are different and do no interchange properly. hope i helped,
Shane-O