PDA

View Full Version : cocking problem

XxslayerxX
11-25-2002, 11:11 PM
I put the lvl 10 in my RT acouple weeks ago. It worked perfect. Then i had to switch to the next carrier. But now im having problems with it cocking. I have 4 shims in it and every so often it wont cock and i have to put the bolt back with my battle swab. I tried adding another shim, but then it leaks down the barrel when i hold the trigger back. What should i do?

Schnitzel
11-25-2002, 11:29 PM
shims dont have anything to do with cocking...its probably the new carrier.

why did you have to change carriers? did it leak down the barrel? what spring are you using?

you must realize that in order for someone to help you, you must give detail about what your current setup is.:)

XxslayerxX
11-26-2002, 12:01 AM
Sorry. I am using the spring from my old bolt,carrier with 1 groove, and 4 shims. I had the carrier with no grooves in, but after a while it started to leak. So i changed it. Does that help?

Dayspring
11-26-2002, 12:07 AM
Did you read any of the info on the Level 10 install? You just went backwards. Plus, 4 shims is, IMO, overkill. 2 is about as many as you need.

I say, go back to the drawing board with a new carrier oring. Follow the Extended Start Up (go to the AO start screen & go to Level 10 Info page)

Also, remember, the Level 10 REQUIRES a good oiling every use, and IMO between uses.

XxslayerxX
11-26-2002, 12:13 AM
i just tried the next carrier and it leaks down the barrel, so thats not it.

XxslayerxX
11-26-2002, 12:44 AM
it works most of the time but once and a while the bolt wont go back.

Havoc_online
11-26-2002, 12:55 AM
first off, it is it's kind of an unwritten rule that you only show your sig once per page. Secondly, go for the biggest carrier that doesnt leak. try going down a shim or two.

Also, remember, the Level 10 REQUIRES a good oiling every use, and IMO between uses. The Actual carrier O'ring that your getting the fit on the stem should not be oiled directly. It gives a false sense of friction and often requires that you constantly keep it oiled to keep the set-up working properly.

XxslayerxX
11-26-2002, 12:58 AM
sorry i wasnt thinking :( all fixed :D