PDA

View Full Version : LX leaking when you hold the trigger down???

MPRoberts0
11-26-2002, 01:33 AM
Hey guys,
I've had the LX for about 2 months now, have played with it twice, and haven't had any problems until now. I was dry firing the maker, and happend to fire once and hold the trigger down. I heard a Pssssssssssss, then it stopped. I fired and held the trigger back again, and again this happened.
It seems to work fine unless I hold the trigger back. Is it supposed to leak air for a short time when you hold the trigger back????
Also, I'm noticing quite a bit of a inconsistant velocity, what should I check????

Thanks in advance,
Marc

OK...I replaced the reg seat and now it seems that it's leaking!!! I lubed it and shot the gun about 30 times and it's still doing it. Does it need to break in more or do I have a bad one????

joeyjoe367
11-26-2002, 01:37 AM
I don't believe that's a lvl 10 leak. I had something simmilar, and I think it's an on/off top o-ring leak. Replace that first, and see if it continues to happen.

xen_100
11-26-2002, 01:06 PM
thats what I would say it is too. sounds like an on/off leak.

athomas
11-27-2002, 12:51 PM
You mean leaking out the front?

Move to a carrier that is one size smaller. You may have been operating at just the acceptable size. Now that the o-ring is getting broken in, it is leaking a bit.

If the leak is anywhere other than the front then it is not the level 10.

Kevmaster
11-27-2002, 01:05 PM
heres the thing though.

if you hold the trigger back, the on-off pin is up and should close the chamber from more air coming in. so, if you hear a leak out the barrel with the trigger back, it should be one of the on-off orings...check those out

IcantBelieveit
11-27-2002, 07:22 PM
yea sounds like an on/off o-ring, just replace them all that way you are sure you got them

athomas
11-28-2002, 10:37 AM
If it contiues to leak while you hold the trigger (psst, psst, psst), then it is the on/off.

If it leaks and then stops, the front o-ring is not tight enough or possibly one shim too many.