PDA

View Full Version : Fellow AOer's, I'm opening a new field just north of Indianapolis

RiceRocket
11-26-2002, 04:43 PM
To all AOer's in proximity to Indianapolis,

Chris Sigman (Brimstone Smoke) and I are opening a field in Sheridan, IN located 20 minutes north of Indianapolis. Our unofficial grand opening is this coming Saturday, November 30-December 1st.

We plan on having an "official" grand opening this coming Spring when all of our fields are finished. I will organize an AO Day as well that day, inviting as many paintball celebrities I can.

Some of the current, and soon to be offered highlights:

4 regulation sized 10-man fields - one will be a lighted center court with manicured grass (Spring 2003), one will be hyperball (Spring 2003), the other two will be airball fields
4 regulation sized 5-man fields - all airball
1 village field (Spring 2003) - wooden cabins and fort
All fields will have 12 ft netting
Offering RP Premium at $70/case and Big Ball at $60/case (FPO)
CO2, 3000 psi and 4500 psi compressed air fills

I have secured the Shocktech field from World Cup, the AGD field, as well as the PMI field from World Cup (due to arrive the first week of December). We also have our own 5-man Supair field. As we grow, we'll add more air fields.

Field fee is $15 - includes all day air
$5 extra for rental gun, mask, hopper, tank(compressed air)

So, if you guys are wanting to play a little paintball after stuffing ourselves with turkey and cranberries, please come by.

The address to Proving Grounds is:

4440 SR 47
Sheridan, IN 46069
(317) 758 - 6622 will be operational this Friday

or you can call Indy Extreme for details at (317) 566 - 9115

For the hardcore year-round players, we are also starting a 5-man winter league (Dec - Mar).

Hope to see you guys sometime.

TooDamnSweet
11-26-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm not in Indianapolis, but I wanted to congratulate you on your field!!! Best of luck!!!

Clare
11-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Congrats Manny!! I can't wait for the opportunity to visit your field :D :D

TransMan
11-26-2002, 05:08 PM
ill have to come up there some week end and try it out do i get some sort of discount for driving 5 hours?

Dayspring
11-26-2002, 05:14 PM
I may be able to come by during Christmas. I have family that I visit that are right outside of Indianapolis.

spazzed
11-26-2002, 05:32 PM
How 'bout an 8-hour-drive discount? :D

Congrats bud!!

magman007
11-26-2002, 05:52 PM
MAnny, i will deffinitely be out for the ao day.... I cannot wait to see what you guys have done with the place.. it is going to rock.. I do nto want to ask something inappropriate, but what does Renik think about this? new competition? and one of his own players? if it is wrong of me to ask, om sorry for over stepping my boundaries

RiceRocket
11-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Definitely! But you have to introduce yourself to me.

Magman007 - I have Renicks blessing on this. As a matter of fact, he loaned the Shocktech field to me, as well as coached me in the slight nuances of running a paintball business/field. Hopefully, we will have team practices here as well - a change of scenery. Billy Ceranski has loaned me the PMI field in addition to being my paint provider. I have to give some thanks to Tom Kaye also, for loaning the AGD Ultimate airball field. Without the help of my sponsors, teammates, friends, and family, this would never have happened. I am jumping the gun on this, but the impending success of our field falls squarely on the shoulders of these people.

FunkyWhiteBoy#3
11-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Hey, your field sounds like fun i'll have to bring the two other Funky White Boys out there sometime from Chicago. Only thing is it will have to be next spring can't make it out this winter:(

OutRage86
11-26-2002, 07:07 PM
This place sounds GREAT. I live up in Merriville Indiana.Any ways I travel like every other week to Nashville Indiana( just south of Indy About 1 hour drive). Ill have to stop by with my bro and check this place out.
EsPecially if you give an AO discount.( too bad I own an IMp :( ) Do i still get a discount) lol

Also Exactly where are you located? Last Is this Renik You speak of the guy who runs Badlands...? That place is sooo awesome too. Well up for this place...

Crazy
11-26-2002, 09:17 PM
That sounds sweet, do you have a website or any pictures of the field? sounds just as good as badlandz if not better =)

c sherer
11-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Congrats, Manny - first Pro, now your own field!
Chris was telling us about it a few weeks ago when we were up for a 7man tourney. Bit of a drive from Louisville, but Spot and I may take a trip up there sometime to check the place out and say hi.

Good Luck!
Craig

Sinistarr
11-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
How 'bout an 8-hour-drive discount? :D

Congrats bud!!

Spazzed, you can't go unless you take us too!

Congrats!! hope it is a booming success!!!

G

Creative Mayhem
11-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Way to go Manny! I can't wait to get down there to try it out! It sounds fantastic. It's a long way for me on short notice but I will definately make it down there next year.

/me thinks this could be the ideal location for an AO MEET!

C Mayhem

manike
11-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Congratulations and Good Luck Manny.

I look forward to coming over and playing there some time!

TNS2k2
11-27-2002, 12:34 PM
Thats sounds like an awesome field Manny. THATS IT I AM MOVING TO INDIANOPOLIS!

So who wants to adopt a Canadian?:D :p

If i could make it to The AO day, i would, but no cash. Next time for sure i will. That is gonna be the nicest field around i bet.

peace,
TNS2k2

Top Secret
11-27-2002, 12:40 PM
Good to hear about the field. I'll try to make the drive from Cincinnti. :D

Do I smell an Indiana AO meet?

Hacker240
11-27-2002, 04:05 PM
SCORE!

Oh man this is gonna rule. I am tired of blast factory, these fields are gonna be so good! I live in carmel, adn this is closer than kokomo. Yippe kiyiyay muthas!

RiceRocket
11-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Outrage86 - from the north, take I-65 south to exit 146 (Sheridan exit). Take a left on SR 47. Follow 15 miles, Proving Grounds will be on the left. Can't miss it.

And Renick Miler is the owner of BBT, Aftershock, Shocktech, and the Badlandz.

Crazy - I'll have pics up after this weekend. Website in the works.

"Goose" - welcome to AO. It would be good to see you and Spot again, and tell old war stories.

Everyone - thanks for all the support. We're gonna try to make it a great place to play. And, as soon as the field is completely ready (all 9 fields), we'll have a Grand Opening in conjunction with an AO meet.

RetroEclipseMan
11-29-2002, 08:13 PM
Man, this place sounds awsome. Too bad I live in Washington.I'll have to try and make it out to the official opening and AO meet if i can get the cash. Good Luck man.

Fred
11-29-2002, 08:29 PM
I'm sure a group of MI guys would drive down for an AO day, its about the same time as the drive to Chicago.

Sounds fun!

---Fred

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-29-2002, 09:24 PM
My grandparents live in Muncie..
Do you know where that is? I know its north of Indianapolis, but do you have any idea how far away it is? Maybe next time I visit there (if its not to far away) I could come check it out

Crazy
12-02-2002, 11:47 PM
any pics or a website yet?

RiceRocket
12-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Coffey[Nitro]

Muncie is about a hour away. Go towards Noblesville using I-69, then take SR 37 to SR 32/38 through Noblesville. Keep following 38 to Sheridan. You'll take a left on SR 47 and we'll be about 1.5 miles on the right. Can't miss it. We had people driving by really slow on 47 (55 mph speed limit) checking out the action.

Crazy

I'll try to pics from last weekend up as soon as possible. Website being constructed also.

Crazy
12-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Thanks manny, any idia what the url will be on the webiste?

RiceRocket
12-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Not yet, but I'll post it as soon as it's ready.

Crazy
01-15-2003, 05:23 PM
anything new about hte field?