PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Chat

tys90
11-26-2002, 08:47 PM
Ok, I was at tonights chat, and as long as I was there, it was poorly run, just to give some ideas, don't just unmute everyone and let them go at it and flood the whole freaking server off, like it happened several times, well, when I voiced my opinion, I was banned from the channel, which is fine, but you gotta run a chat better with all those people!

FutureMagOwner
11-26-2002, 08:51 PM
well normally its fine but for some reason its creating really really bad lag tonight and its annoying when people keep changing their name after they are muted its plain annoying

tys90
11-26-2002, 09:03 PM
What's even funnier is I was DCC chatting with shatner, until he figured out how to ignore me I think. I just think it was very poorly run, and I was banned for a constructive comment!!

mag-hatter
11-26-2002, 09:42 PM
i didnt like it at all. people were all responding to stuff at the same time and i felt like i was in a really bad 80's movie where no one knows whats going on! i dont even get how people win and what not!

marley618
11-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Even though you would have done it another way, I think Tom is doing a good job keeping it civilized. Everyone should thank him for having the party and the great prizes. Thanks Tom!

TransMan
11-26-2002, 11:07 PM
i thought it was run just fine but is was boring at some parts and the stoopid people chnging there names and spamming relly ticked me off

Army
11-26-2002, 11:53 PM
What did you expect, with around 280 people in the same chat room with William Shatner, and Tom Kaye giving away Emags and stuff?

No way was it going to run "smooth" or slowly, that's half the fun of it:)

FooTemps
11-27-2002, 12:10 AM
i'm used to crazy parties but people need to stop spamming... stuff like...

JonDoe: A

is really dumb... For those waves you're only supposed to type the letter once... And other times people would just spam like crazy... It really gets annoying. Amazing how people caught my comments when I said them ONCE, yes... ONCE!
Another thing that bugged me was that the fact that there were so many sore losers there. They called the drawings rigged and they said that they should've won and were babies about it. That just really bothered me how some people were so immature.

Also, I'm used to the crazy chat parties w/ lotsa people but this is just rediculous how we have to control this now... Remember the wlipp (i think that's what it was called... world's largest internet paintball party or somehting like that) wasn't as bad as this. There was less control needed.
Then there's the people who come here just for prizes... It kinda bugs me how people kept asking when prizes were being given out and ranting on and on about the prizes. Um... this is a party where you chat and go crazy and do weird chatroom things like chatroom wave or chatroom x-sock, not just win prizes.

ahh... I'm ranting too much..

tys90
11-27-2002, 09:10 AM
That was my main gripe, and I've just seen other contests done differently (flood controls for one thing, that's a big one), that was my first AO chat, so maybe I'm not used to it, but there was several things that coulda been done to make things a lot easier