PDA

View Full Version : ARGH me so stupid

TippmannMan
11-26-2002, 09:23 PM
i cant believe i looked over this fact... well my problem is that i used 4 o-rings for the barrel and of course after a few hours the rings have created an ultra tight seal. of course this is not THAT bad since i have the level 10 installed and figure i wont be chopping anyway :) but the reason i want to be able to take it off is to clean. does anybody have any remedies to loosening o-rings. if time is the key then im ok with that so long as this isnt permanent.

EsPo
11-26-2002, 09:33 PM
4 orings!?!?!?!:eek: dang.. i use one..

HoppysMag
11-26-2002, 10:31 PM
lol, Fire and lots of it!
oh thats your prescription for everything...
seap some oil in there, and hope.

petefol
11-26-2002, 10:50 PM
pull very very hard?

TippmannMan
11-26-2002, 11:00 PM
thanks for the suggestions fellas. the reason i have 4 is thats what i need for my barrel not to wobble. and i was so exicted when it fixed my problem too :)

FESTUS33
11-27-2002, 06:20 AM
HoppysMag has probably got the right answer
for you, or you could try some Hoppes :D .
Next time just use the 2 O-Rings that you're
barrel is grooved for. I've been shooting
Mags since 92 and they have all had barrel
movement, Watch where you're paint flies
not what you're barrel's doing to get it
there;)

ronron2112
11-27-2002, 08:06 AM
You can use a dental pick to try to seperate them... and some oil as stated

digitard
11-27-2002, 10:50 AM
I think his problem is he cant get the barrel off cause the O-rings have expanded and sealed it into the body so he cant toothpick it/etc.

Not much ya can do that I can think of other than twist REALLY hard ..lol.. cause I dont think you can oil it from there, but ya can try somehow (maybe wd40 vertically?)

Sincerely,
Dave K

yeahthatsme
11-27-2002, 12:03 PM
wd-40 is supposed to eat away at o-rings isn't it? that would work if thats what it does.

TippmannMan
11-27-2002, 12:28 PM
ok would the WD-40 destroy the barrel coating tho?

TippmannMan
11-27-2002, 12:29 PM
oh and another thing. its relatively easy to twist the barrel i just cant pull it out. just in case that induces any ideas from you :)

digitard
11-27-2002, 12:33 PM
you dont wanna spray wd40 IN the barrel, i was thinking maybe put a TINY bit around the outer part where it meets the body and leave it vertical for a lil while and then hope it gets enough in there to lubricate/etc the orings ... but I dont know if it will cause any damage.

If you can twist but not get it out its probably catching somewhere, you might just have to REALLLLY pull and it'll probably damage your orings and maybe the nubbin but it might be the only way...

Sincerely,
Dave K

TippmannMan
11-27-2002, 12:48 PM
i pulled so hard (using rubber gloves) i think the paint started to wear off. i decided to just give up and if i break a ball ill just call myself out or use a battle swab. its kinda cool cause its like i have a one piece gun :D

hostage
11-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Try adjusting the tempature, most things expand when hot, if you put it in your freezer, the orings might shrink in size a little enough to get them out. Though this is just theoretical, otherwise wd-40.

EDIT: BTW make sure you dont have your front screw screwed in all the way. That can make it hard to pull out, try loosening your front screw. LMK what happens.
-Hostage

petefol
11-27-2002, 03:24 PM
try taking apart your mag so the barrel twist lock assembly is off. then put a bunch of oil around the orings and pull as you twist, it may slowly come off.

personman
11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Yea, what petefol said should work.. then you could stick some sort of an oil despensor down the body and oil around the outer edges of the breech, some of the oil might soak down in there..

TippmannMan
11-27-2002, 04:36 PM
thanks again guys but ive tried it all. first i took off everything so im only working with the barrel and the main body. i put these in a sink filled with ice cold water and pretty much bathed it in some autolube. i think it wont come off cause the water/lube cant get to the inner o-rings. ill just shoot like crazy like HoppysMag said :p

ronron2112
11-27-2002, 04:47 PM
umm.. i think hoppy meant fire as in "owwww! hot!!" not as in shoot it

FutureMagOwner
11-27-2002, 04:55 PM
what id do is have it in a vice have one person push it from the inside from the back and then the other guy pull on it(also id face the barrel down so you can put your weight into pulling the barrel and pushing it from the inside)

HoppysMag
11-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ronron2112
umm.. i think hoppy meant fire as in "owwww! hot!!" not as in shoot it

yes its actualy a simpsons quote... Dr Hibert said it in the Tree house of horrors episode when they found out Maggy was actualy Kanes daughter....