PDA

View Full Version : arghhh sell the mag and get an imp?

EsPo
11-26-2002, 09:40 PM
<b>Please read this before voting</b>
<b>#1</b>i can sell the mag in my sig for 450, and get an impy, with vert reg, ans jackhammer 2, 90* triggerframe (this thing is awesome!!! www.offthebreak.com ) (its like an ir3 frame for an imp), save up for an eggo, and save up for nitro,

<b>#2</b> buy an intelli and put it on my mag

magstevo
11-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Impy's are a blast to play with!!! My Impy hasn't let me down!!!:D

speedyejl
11-26-2002, 10:11 PM
Go imp

Jack Napier
11-26-2002, 10:27 PM
If it were me I'd get an i-frame. I hooked up intellifeed in my stock frame. I'm really happy with my warp now.

Trench
11-27-2002, 09:36 AM
An eggo? Like you mean an evolution (Sorry, not up to snuf on imppy's, I figure you mean the loader) Get a Halo B... Those things are ugly, and a bit off balanced...

TRIAD
11-27-2002, 10:30 AM
I would get an I-frame for your current setup, or maybe ReTro, or both. I am not a big fan of Impulses, because my 'mag has NEVER let me down. I can rip on the trigger, and it does not break. The trouble with the Impulse is you may get breaks, even with that fast loader. I would also get a Halo B over an Eggy 2. You could sell the warp and go no-rise, that'd be cool too. But stick with the 'mag, it won't let you down.

EsPo
11-27-2002, 11:05 AM
the only reason i would keep my mag is because of the warp with the small profile. i talked to my parents, and when i get the money, i could choose between retro or the intelli...i think im gonna get an intelli. ive seen people with trigger stops on thier intellis, is it hard to do?

TRIAD
11-27-2002, 11:41 AM
I couldn't see the point in a trig stop on an intelli. And I dont' think many peeps do that.

EsPo
11-27-2002, 12:00 PM
yes.. i do mean the loader.. id get a halo, but they are like 40 bucks more.... i dont care how my gun looks, but ive seen lots of imps with eggos, andi like it..

aha.. i see youve edited your post.. you sneaky lil....

PigSweat
11-27-2002, 02:27 PM
You really don't want a Halo on an Imp, they are too strong and push right past the detents. You end up with 2-4 balls in your breech/barrel and that doesn't work too well.

paintslinger
11-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by magstevo
Impy's are a blast to play with!!! My Impy hasn't let me down!!!:D

i totally agree after usin ur imp for a weekend im in love. now i need money to get one. GO WITH AN IMP!! and pigsweat i didn't experience any double feeds with the halob on the imp.

sniper1rfa
11-27-2002, 06:27 PM
assuming you have LX, get an intelli. absolutely awsome frames...

EsPo
11-27-2002, 06:30 PM
look in my sig for my setup!

magnj
11-27-2002, 06:59 PM
off the break is "coming soon" I realy want to fo impy too. Vert reg, vision so I can hook up my rex. Ive been looking at either the rats, ( to put a vision on one is a lot ), www.hypersportworks.com , they are kinda cheap, and the nasty's. I realy want a vision. Know where to get just the board for cheap?

rikkter
11-27-2002, 08:09 PM
i bought my back up mag used and it was tapped in the trigger for a stop. but i have to find the right size to put in it.
and it does help to a slight degree. i'm going to add it on mine just to get a short trigger pull ----not SHORTER triggerpull, but to stop it RIGHTwhen it fires the marker instead of the excess slack

speedyejl
11-27-2002, 08:15 PM
A HALO B will only push through the detents if you have aftermarket ones. They are fine stock, mine has the stock delrin, works fine. Also w. mags when I got my HALO B it pushed right through my mags nubbin, I adjusted the wire worked fine, but the wire nubbin began to cut balls. I got a plastic which fixed it but, the way it works out, a stock mag will screw up w. a HALO B but not a stock Imp heh.

PigSweat
11-27-2002, 11:47 PM
Actaully, my B pushes rgight past the stock detentes, but I guess it is hit and miss.

Mr. T!
11-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Save your cash on an impy and get a bushy or something, not an imp. Sell your mag, save a couple extra bucks and get an emag if nothing else.

fuzzbubble
11-28-2002, 09:41 PM
i love my inteliframe, so i voted for getting one of those, if you chose option one though, let me know, i might look into pickin up your mag off ya lol,

einhander619
11-29-2002, 01:17 AM
get a vision imp then you wont have to worry about chopping issues due to outshooting issues. I'll be getting an imp soon, I'm thinking either vision imp or nasty imp, both with evil LPR and all the goodies.

toymyster
11-29-2002, 02:35 AM
Keep the mag, get the inteli, Lvl10, and a HALO B!! If you wish to go Electro, find a nice slightly used E-mag, go Lvl10, and you'll never chop!! All of the people I know that got an Imp sold them within 4 months!!! I have seen them having strangest problems!! Of course, that's just me, You get what you pay for, and my opinion is free!! Hope this helps!!

paintslinger
11-29-2002, 02:39 AM
i donno my team mate has an inteli frame and i dont see the big hype yeah its better then a benchmark but its not all super duper and praise worthy as everyone makes it out to be. i guess im just spoiled by my hyperframe... just my own .02 cents. got with the imp man.

HIKARU
11-29-2002, 04:08 AM
ok I dunno what the "issue" is here....

ok EsPo... i see you have a warp... also I assume u have the AIR valve... and NO intelliframe... is that correct? keep reading if this observation is correct...

ok well i dunno what the issue is because with your current setup your rate of fire is limited by your AIR valve... sure you can shoot rounds at a descent rate but if you want to get anywhere near an electro... well your not going to get it without paint chunks blowing out your barrel.

if you buy the intelliframe with no retro your warp will feed VERY consistantly... almost 100% consistancy... but your rate of fire is the same.. you will be CAPABLE to maintain a higher rate of fire but to actually shoot rounds at higher rates... i don't think so.

if you buy just the ReTro valve... you can definitely INCREASE your rate of fire but your steady flow of paint will not be as consistant as if you had the intelliframe. BUT you do have a warp.. so this somewhat alleviates the problem... at any given time you should have at least 10-15 balls within your warp ... so even if your loader skips on you it will still enable you to shoot fast. plus the trigger......

if you want the best that a mechanical mag can offer you in terms of high ROF and sustainability you need to get a ReTro Valve, intelliframe, and warp... and a consistant air system.

I have all the above mentioned and my gun has never crapped out on me and is the best marker i have ever used..

ok its a bit on the heavy side but thats what working out your fore arm is for.

magnj
11-29-2002, 09:33 AM
go for the 2003 bushies, i was looking at imps but the bushy's have an lpr and anti chop eye( they call it pds) for only 600. Even if you have to upgrade it, it will still be cheaper, thats what im goin for.

Mega Man
11-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Keep the Mag, save the money buy an Imp, keep both and be happy, thats what I did...

EsPo
11-29-2002, 08:15 PM
magnj: imps with vision eye are 527 , and vision is basically guaranteeing that you will never chop again, it is a very very very respectable anti chop system, leaving you 70 dollars to get lpr for an imp.... so it evens out in the end, its basically the company you trust more.

all i am looking to do is improve my rof.. i dont think that intelli will be enough..

i will never have enough for an imp and mag...

magman550
11-29-2002, 08:40 PM
I have an automag and my son has the impy. There both good guns. The bottom line is the impy throw's more paint than my mag BUT my mag is more accurate in shooting than the impy. Sadly to say I have more money in my mag than his impy. So do the math. I love my mag but the impy's could be my second gun.... Oh by the way.. stay away from bushy's.. Just my 2 cent's worth..

11-29-2002, 10:45 PM
I would go with the Impulse Vision.

You might wanna consider a classic or ripper timmy /w clamshell. I fell in love with it even after i used an impulse. The magnetic trigger on impulses is nice though.

HIKARU
11-29-2002, 11:47 PM
i'll simplify it this time around...

Intelliframe - gives mag improved ability to consistantly load paintballs.

ReTro Valve - gives mag higher rof.

if your ultimate goal is to have a high ROF and able to sustain this high ROF, get both parts. If you like halfassing your hobbys just get one of the above parts.

yeahthatsme
11-30-2002, 01:27 PM
stop complaining and get a retro valve;)

RRfireblade
11-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Love my mag.

Just got a Rat Imp.

Love my Imp.

If I would have got the Imp first I never would have looked at the mag in the first place.

Jay.

www.e-paintballoutlet.com
The best place on the planet to by an Imp.Customer service on par with the best in the business.No I don't work there. LOL.

EsPo
11-30-2002, 08:26 PM
ive decided to go with the second year college package from e outlet, i hear that you get 20 bucks off for bein a pbreview member.... i decided that to get the rof that i want, i would have to spend like 300 on my mag, anc i dont have that kinda money..

FutureMagOwner
12-01-2002, 01:05 PM
heehe im selling my cocker and buying a rat tomorrow if i order monday how long will it take to get here(i also have to send my tank for special reasons :) )

paintslinger
12-01-2002, 03:55 PM
yay i hope you like your imp dude. have fun :)