PDA

View Full Version : Regional/State forums

circus5
11-27-2002, 02:03 AM
Just thinkin'. It would be a cool idea to have a forum for every region of the country with a permanent thread for each state. This would make it a whole lot easier to coordinate events and get together with other AO members in the same area. Think about it, say you decide to play this weekend, but have nobody to go with you. All you would have to do is enter the appropriate forum (i.e. Northeast), go to your state thread (i.e. New Jersey) and post that you want to play at a certain feild and would like a few fellow AOers to join you.

Jonno06
11-27-2002, 02:06 AM
yea,that is a very good idea..

but then we would be alot like PBnation

but i agree with you..

Tack
11-27-2002, 10:30 AM
That would really help out the orgnization of state AO meets. It wouldn't clutter up the main forum with them.

digitard
11-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Yeah,
I would like that... but in the regional setup (southwest, east, etc) ...

Sincerely,
Dave

Kevmaster
11-27-2002, 11:25 AM
that seems to be in the works :)

Psycho Chicken
11-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Great Idea

ShooterJM
11-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Yeah that's a great idea! Throw a copy of the official listing of AO days in each regional forum too. That'd make organizing the AO days a lot easier! Especially when you're trying to appeal to more then one state or area.

xmetal2001
11-28-2002, 12:37 PM
Eh, I sorta like it all in one big happy forum. That way I dont have to check tons of them to see whats going on. The AO meet threads dont seem too obtrusive and I dont like it when threads become too spread out among forums.

TRIAD
11-28-2002, 12:43 PM
I don't think it'd be such a hot idea either. It's the same was when someone suggested a 'cocker forum. 1st, it's best to keep things centralized. 2nd, it just clutters things up. Simplicity is key. I think it will take away from the "neighborly" feeling of AO, separating people into distinct groups.

ShooterJM
11-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Hmm, didn't even think of that angle. Good point.

Maybe just a way to quickly PM people by state or area or something. Sort of like a mass email that we could access through a mod or something so it's not misused.