PDA

View Full Version : DVD With X-Mag?

Shirow
11-27-2002, 08:05 AM
We got a VHS with auto/mini/emags - is there going to be anything with X-Mags? How about a DVD? They're pretty cheap to copy and make now..

Just a thought :)

Xerces
11-27-2002, 08:33 AM
if they use the same ones, i can probably donate some for recycling, i got about 4 =P

Vendetta
11-27-2002, 10:19 AM
DVD's would be great because you can use the menu to get to the section you need.

I was just thinking about posting something similar. I spent Monday night fast-fowarding through the old tape that came with my MiniMag trying to find out how to stop a leak.

ben_JD
11-27-2002, 10:25 AM
From what I understand, the manual and all of the videos, etc. that have been made about the X-Mag will be on CD-ROM. I don't know about DVD, but that sounds risky as there are still folks without that technology and most have VHS.

nippinout
11-27-2002, 10:40 AM
DVD isn't quite in everybody's hands yet. Everybody has a VHS player.

But it would be cool to have a CD based manual. Most DVD players can play VCD's. Or have Quicktime videos burned.

Maybe make it something you could get in the AGD Online Store?

Definitely a good idea though!

Shirow
11-27-2002, 10:43 AM
I don't have a VCR, only a DVD player. CD-ROM would be cool too, but do you think more people have computers than DVD players? Maybe.. most new computers have DVD drives in them too, though. So do most consoles (X-Box and PS2 can both play DVDs.)

Either would be good thoguh - I'm not picky :)

spazzed
11-27-2002, 10:57 AM
CD would be the safest format. More people have access to it.

Strider
11-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Yeh, though us DVD fanatics like to think so, VHS is still the better penetrated market... I know I still have mine around for recording. ;) (And old movies that I haven't bought DVD version yet, or ever will)

Creative Mayhem
11-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by spazzed
CD would be the safest format. More people have access to it.

Although I have all of the above mentioned formats, I would have to agree with spazzed. The DVD palyers will play cd format and everyone with a computer will be able to play it. CD is the way to go.

C Mayhem

Shirow
11-27-2002, 12:28 PM
Alright then, how about it Tom? I'd be happy with a nice CD! Maybe some cool X-Mag wallpapers on it too ;)

Vendetta
11-27-2002, 12:36 PM
DVD isn't quite in everybody's hands yet. Everybody has a VHS player.

Not for long. I just saw a DVD advertised for $48! I think it will be standard relative soon.
Anyway, judging from the look of Tom on my VHS video, whatever the new format it won't be updated for a looong time:D

BradPalooza
11-27-2002, 12:41 PM
I like the idea of a DVD with chapters!

Tom, if you want any help with that I'm your man. I can send you some DVDs that we've done recently to get an idea of what we're capable of.
-Brad

digitard
11-27-2002, 12:41 PM
I think we have a Beta does that count :)

I like the CDROM issue, just about everyone has access to a cdrom (friend,home,etc)

Plus it allows them more freedom (images, diagrams, etc if they want)

Sincerely,
Dave K

Kevmaster
11-27-2002, 01:00 PM
yeh, id be a huge fan of a CDRom, would help you get back at WDP for their 44 page FULL COLOR manual...comapred with AGD's.....yeesh

oldsoldier
11-27-2002, 01:38 PM
that would be nice...the one I got came with the old emag video. a CD Rom would be cool though.