PDA

View Full Version : Blade or two finger grove better?

FalconGuy016
11-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Hey

Everyone seems to like the blade trigger :) but I only have had experiance with cheap double finger triggers and I was wondering how much better the blade was (if it is) and why exactly? Does it just feel better? To me it doesnt seem like it would but I dont know.
thanks

edit: I just read my title and realized how stupid it is :) sorry

Brian68mag
11-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Personally, i like the groove, i love the stock emag trigger!
I dont like blades all that much but its just personal pref.
I like having a nice space for each of my fingers :)

Reo5th
11-27-2002, 08:07 PM
I had a blade for my intelliframe. But I love the stock trigger on my emag. I don't think I would get Timmy's blade trigger (sorry!) If I had a choice for a trigger I would get a groove.

Will Wood
11-27-2002, 08:19 PM
I like blade, it loos cooler :). Just feels better to...

shartley
11-27-2002, 08:21 PM
I love the grove trigger on my RTP. I am going to do some work on it though this winter and sculpt it a bit.

theraidenproject
11-27-2002, 08:26 PM
I like blades. I had a groove on my old Dye 2x for my mag. NOw, I have a blade on my iFrame. I will have the stock trigger on my emag, though, once i get it. However, I will be getting one of Timmy63's blade EMag trigges in the near future.

speedyejl
11-27-2002, 08:32 PM
It really depends on how the trigger is setup, but I like blades more. Also I read somewhere that you shoot faster on a blade.

RetroEclipseMan
11-27-2002, 08:43 PM
It's a big thing about personal preference. I love my blade on my iframe. I can pull it way faster than the grooved trigger on joeyjoe's rtpro but that's just me cause that guy can seriously rip on that gun.

TRIAD
11-27-2002, 09:58 PM
It's really all personal preference as to how you HOLD and FIRE your marker. I hold my fingers at an "odd" angle, and thus love my blade on my intelliframe, because the grooves just aren't positioned the way my fingers are on the trigger. My fingers are at an angle when I shoot, and the grooves aren't at that same angle, they're "straight". So, try them both, while shooting, and see which one you like better for your style of play.

boomerfoxtrot
11-27-2002, 10:40 PM
I'm a fan of blades on electros.. so yeah, the emag..

it is easier to walk with the blade.. or it is for me.. maybe b/c my fingers aren't fat... I have skinny little fingers... =]

but for no electros .. I like the groved...

xmetal2001
11-27-2002, 10:51 PM
I prefer the blade but I cant really explain why. Having shot both though, I can say the blade just seemed more comfortable to me.

Maybe because it is because i can place my fingers anywhere on the trigger.

spazzed
11-27-2002, 11:10 PM
It's ALL about the Blade! :cool:

davidb
11-28-2002, 01:39 PM
On an electro with a groove trigger, you can position your finger so that every time you move it up and down, it hits the center hump on the trigger. Hits once on the upward movement, and once on the downward movement. I've seen a guy with a lot of practice at it achieve some downright incredible ROF's on Rich Telford's Matrix. I would never have believed from the sound of it that it was on semi if I hadn't been there to see him do it.

Just a thought. Other than little tricks like that, I don't really have a preference between the two, although I think groove triggers look better for the most part.

I have a blade BTW. :p

FalconGuy016
11-28-2002, 01:42 PM
cool thanks a lot