PDA

View Full Version : steel braid hose?

adam shannon
11-28-2002, 05:03 AM
maybe this post isnt about steel braid hose, but i dont know what the exact hose im looking for is called....hense this post.

what is, where to find it...it looks like its rubber coated steel braid hose. it has a semi glossy rubber coating and usually says 3000psi over and over down the length. sort of like the hose you see on a coiled remote...only straight. but it is way thicker than macro line and even looks thick enough that it may be steel braid underneath????

can anybody help? thanks.

Brak
11-28-2002, 10:08 AM
i've heard of those, i think theyre actually called plastic coated steel braid or shrink wrapped steel braid hose

ChucktheMAGician
11-28-2002, 10:47 AM
I got a couple of sets off of ebay a while back. They were called constant air hoses. http://paintballtogo.com/ used to have them for sale on their site, they were who I got mine from on ebay, but now they aren't listed. Good luck finding them, and LMK if you do!

toymyster
11-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Look for a place in your area specializing in pneumatic controls and supplies!! You can get your hoses, lines and fitting from them at a fraction of what it would cost you at a paintball store!!

BajaBoy
11-28-2002, 01:44 PM
they come on some bruzer guns.. if u really need want one i can get my hands on two im me at bajaboyagd on aim if u want

TheJester
11-29-2002, 11:05 PM
i know what you mean, it is just steal braided, just coated, now if the coating has any advantage, i don't know, my store only has 1 (about 4 inches) and he got it off another gun sooo, sorry, if you want you could contact them, think they have contact info on their site
www.abvpaintball.com

Kevmaster
11-29-2002, 11:08 PM
i get that exact stuff. comes in 12" segments at the lcoal hardware store. i can get you a strand if youd like, PM me and ill get your addy and have it out saturday

adam shannon
11-30-2002, 01:16 AM
thanks. my local shop can get it...but they take forever. i will try a couple hardware stores tomorrow. i was just hoping somebody knew the exact terminology for this type of hose...it would make web searches easier. thanks anyways.

SHAG
11-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Hi,

Most good grease whips are rated for at least 3000 PSI. However they generally come in the sizes of 12 inches and 18 inches. Most of the time, grease whips usually will be a 1/8 NPT fittings on both sides. The color will be black.

Later,
Alan

Kevmaster
11-30-2002, 11:20 AM
sorry, cant believe i left out the name....grease gun hose!

adam shannon
11-30-2002, 01:07 PM
thats it... http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/greaswhiphos.html

and they are like $3 per hose. that rocks. thanks guys.