PDA

View Full Version : 2003 bushy w.PDS VS. Nasty Impy w/vision

magnj
11-28-2002, 09:03 AM
ok its either a 2003 bushy with the pds for 600( cheap)
I dont know anythiing about bushies, but they are cheap
Or it the Nasty vision impy with verticle mx re for about 810. O could go without the vision and go down to like 675... I could do a lot to an impy( not that you cant to a bushie) I dont know, Or keep my rt mag depending on how it performs this weekend. Telll me what u tihnk

magnj
11-28-2002, 09:05 AM
or

-Xugg-
11-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Why not buy a Lvl 10 for your RT which is the same thing basically as a $120 mini camera(anti-chop eye) on a $700 impulse.

With all that money you can save, you can get a I-frame, warp, or whatever.

Me
11-28-2002, 09:29 AM
deff the bushy. I hate smart parts, so that may taint my opinion a little.

magnj
11-28-2002, 09:53 AM
im having trouble with my rt, for some reason ineed to put like 1100 psi into my gun for it to bounce, thats crazy, I just want i tto work but nothing i do helps, I dont know ill try it again this weekend.

TRIAD
11-28-2002, 10:21 AM
How much bounce exactly are you trying to get from your ReTro or RT 'mag?

You realize that it is actually BAD for the valve to operate like a Tippman RT. The ReTro and RT valves weren't meant to go into runaway, but rather to provide a fairly good amount of bounce to increase ROF. Also, you can change the on-off pin length by purchasing a new pin, and it may be that some of your parts are worn/damaged/etc. I would look into that before just ditching the gun.

I say go EMag. Sell the RT and buy an emag with that money. Slap Level 10 on there, and a no-rise body or warp feed later, and you're all set.

Try a warp, because once you do it, you'll love it for life.

dropkick1
11-28-2002, 10:44 AM
yeah, the Rt/emag valve isn't supposed to just take off on its own, more of just a bounce so you can attain a higher ROF. but i think you should either just get a LVL 10 for the RT(which is nice on my brothers z-gripped classic RT) or emag, but if neither of those, i've heard lots of good things about the 2003 bushies, but i'll stick with my lvl 10 micro emag.

ken

BajaBoy
11-28-2002, 11:06 AM
if u cant get and emag or keep your rt then.. bushy

magnj
11-28-2002, 11:20 AM
yea I hear ya, I think i decided on a non vision nasty impulse with lpr and a n ND blade trigger. Its time for me to go electro

Jonno06
11-28-2002, 11:26 AM
ide get the emag..

its way faster/reliable/durable/cooler/better company than both the imp/bushy added together...

TRIAD
11-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Emag all the way. AGD hasn't let you down, so why would you abandon their products?

personman
11-28-2002, 12:24 PM
If I had a choice between the two of those, I would defentally pick the bushy. For some reason I trust ICD more than smart parts?

Automaggin2
11-28-2002, 02:51 PM
the new bushys are AWSOME. but, if you want a impy, i would look into the rat impys, you can get a black one for 600 and they are awsome. They come loaded with a freak, blade trigger, new bolt, new lpr, new EVERYTHING. www.e-paintballoutlet.com

Nitroduck
11-28-2002, 03:03 PM
All the b2k3 owners i've talked to put them on the level with gz intimidators and ir3 angels............ Some of them are even selling thier angels/gz timmies cuz they don't use them anymore due to thier b2k3s. I think that says alot if you're gonna sell a $1300 angel to use a $600 bushmaster.

I personally use a sonic bushmaster (it was either that or a emag/xmag) and love it to death, its one of the lightest guns i've ever used. The only downside on it is the fact the stock board is set at 14.9bps and i can't hammer on the trigger like i can my angel, but i guess that's good becuase i've had to massively turn my angel's down cuz my xboard revy can't keep up.You wouldn't have a problem with a b2k3 though cuz of the PDS. I'd take the b2k3 becuase you can turn the eye off........eyes have always been prone to going down ( even ICD says that ) So if anything happens you can turn it off ( try using a vision with a broken ball in the eye ,the gun will start getting really really gooey)

Nother great thing with bm2ks are they're crazy efficient on air, i'm getting 3000 shots per tank fill on my 88/45, and my team mates are getting around 1000 on a 68/3k tank. ( one has a 1st gen , other has a 5th )

Mr. T!
11-28-2002, 03:27 PM
The difference between a Bushy and an Imp are like light and day. Get the Bushy, they do not need any mods out of the bow like the imp does (LPR, bolt, hammer) to shot great. Plus, Bushies are cheaper and work better (no bolt stick). Go with the bushy, you won't be dissappointed.

minimag187
11-28-2002, 05:56 PM
Go with da bushy

magnj
11-28-2002, 07:14 PM
hmmmm, im feeling an impy wih lpr nad blade... but the bushy does have a vision eye, wat kinda mods are there for bushy's like low presure ****e

Ov3rmind
11-28-2002, 08:03 PM
As far as low pressure mods for the Bushy, look into stuff made by MacDev and Vapor Works.

Nitroduck
11-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Bushmasters are already low pressure....They run at 220-250psi out of the box, and the recocking pressure is 90 stock.....With a few mods (MacDev Red Valve or Vapor Valve and a new LPR, like a Sonic or Vapor FMD), you can do 180psi opperating, and 70psi re-cocking. On my Sonic Bushmaster, I'm running 190psi @ 280fps and am using a Freak barrel which isn't that efficent....A barrel with less porting would get me aroun 170psi w/ the same FPS.

Upgrades on the bushmasters are as follows....

Boards (Chaos boards, DV8s)
Gripframes (Sonic, Ripper)
Valves (Vapor, Red Valve, Shocktech)
ASA Addapters (KAPP, ANS, MacDev, Lapco, Shocktech)
Regs (any)
Highrises (Sonic, Intimidator)
Bolts (Vapor, Shocktech)
Barrel Threading (Cocker threading is available on some models, and can be custom ordered)
LPRs (Sonic, Vapor FMD)

Most parts on the gun can be modified and upgraded, but the B2k3 has been improved so much over older models, you really don't need any upgrades for it, it shoots killer right out of the box, no mods needed. Of course, you can always get a new LPR, valve for lower pressure, or get a Cocker threaded Bm2k so you can find barrels easier.

magnj
11-29-2002, 08:56 AM
im feeling the bushy lol, yea I wanna get a frak used or sumtin, then maybe lprs and what not. Hows the stok 2k3 barrel, im sure it not great but it will have to do for a lil whilke. Now just to sell my gun, how much you think I can get for the gun in my sig, 2 other barrels, some extras, no tank or drop. Im hoping like 6